Current 140; Goal 115

Options
prila13
prila13 Posts: 222 Member
At present, I'm 140 lbs. And, I'm 5 ft tall. (Yep, I'm kinda short!) My goal is to be at 115 lbs like I was in high school. I hated to have to do this but I know in order to see any changes, I need to do it. So, I'm hoping to share with you guys my progress. If I don't show any success in the next few weeks, I'll take this post down until I do show progress. -lol-

Below are my current pictures. (My mom's not a good photographer so excuse the quality. haha.)

2911-fat_side-1.jpg
2911-fat_front.jpg

I'll try to do a weekly update of my progress and a monthly progress of pictures. I'm just hoping I can stick to this! LOL

Replies

• jcch00
    jcch00 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Good luck to you on your weight loss journey! It's a long, difficult road but it has a wonderful outcome at the end when you stick with it. :) If I may ask, how tall are you?
  • prila13
    Options
    Oh, sure. I'm 5 ft and a quarter inches tall. But, I just usually refer to myself as 5 ft.
  • barbosa22
    barbosa22 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Good Luck!!! Try your best
  • courtrptr13
    Options
    Good luck! You can do whatever you set your mind to. Can't wait to see your progress pics!
  • janesmith1
    janesmith1 Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    I hear you on wanting to be the same weight you were in hs!!! That's when I was "really cute"...and I want to get back to that!
  • emeraldshan
    emeraldshan Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Good luck, i'll be rooting for you!!
  • brendac72
    brendac72 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Boy, do I know how you feel. I am 5'1 my heaviest weight was 161lb but after a lot of hard work I have almost reached my goal. We're all here to motivate each other....wish you much success on your goal.
  • prila13
    Options
    Thank you so much... to everyone! I wish everyone success on their weight loss/finess goals as well! I can't wait to see my own progress!
  • prila13
    Options
    I weighed today. I think I'm going to start making Fridays my weigh-in days. I am down to 138 according to my scale. Of course, I weighed around 7:30AM before breakfast and any exercise. It looks like yesterdays splurge of piece of pizza and going 34 calories over my recommended didn't hurt too much. I just gotta try better not to do that. It's hard when you hang with 2 guys who aren't interested in counting calories. They suck! LOL
  • CanuckLove
    CanuckLove Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    ALWAYS ALWAYS keep your goal in mind, and just know that you're human, sometimes we slip and fall off the wagon, but just get right back on and keep pushing yourself. You can do this!!!!
  • Zaggytiddies
    Zaggytiddies Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I'm 4'9 1/2.... And slightly heavier than you.. Eh hem (haha) but looking to get in the same range. Short fat girls unite! And become short healthy girls!
  • shreddingit
    shreddingit Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    you can do this stay focused girl!!
  • prila13
    Options
    Thank you so much everybody! I managed to get in a nice 1.5 mile walk/jog today. I'm slowly working up to being able to jog more and more. I'm feeling a lot better as my scale says I've lost 2 lbs so far. A small goal but I'm happy with it! My goal is 5 lbs by next week.
  • schotas
    schotas Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Good luck!!! Keep visiting the success stories and looking at the before and after pics. They are sooo motivating.
  • mrsannett
    mrsannett Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    That is a great idea..keep us posted!
  • prila13
    Options
    It has been such pretty days here lately. In the 40-50 range. To me, that is still a bit cold to be jogging but I get out there and do it. I just try to walk more because my lungs are just not capable of a full run in this weather but, I have noticed that jogging has gotten easier and I can go longer each time. I'm getting sort of a late start this morning, I had tests for college last night so I was up late. But, later is better than never! As soon as my egg and toast settles, I'm heading out for a nice walk/jog.

On, another note... I've been running with my mp3 player and I have a generic one since I don't buy into all that fancy ipod stuff. My fiance gave me this one and he got it at an unclaimed baggage store, I believe. So, I wanted an armband for it, but, I couldn't find one that would properly fit it so... being the crafty sewer that I am, (along with some help from my aunt the sewing genius), I made myself one! Below are pictures. Please excuse the safety pin, there will be velcro there once I get to the store to buy some but for now, the safety pin holds it closed.

mp3holder.jpg
  • prila13
    Options
    Just an update!

I weighed in today. Unfortunately, I haven't lost weight but...I also measured today. Since 2/9/2011, I've lost 0.5 inch off of my waist. My waist is now at 32.5 in. instead of 33. I have also lost 0.5in. off my hips. Instead of 40 in. I am now at 39.5. So, something is working.
  • oliveoil87
    oliveoil87 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Hey I sent you a request. I am 145 and my goal weight is 115. I am 5'2.
  • AmeMahoney
    Options
    Don't forget to take your measurements! :bigsmile:
  • prila13
    Options
    Since I spent most of my time yesterday in a car riding back from our mini-vacation, I decided to weigh myself again. And, guess what! I weighed 137. Now, this is right after getting up and right after going to the bathroom. (My doctor told me that was my "true" weight.) I'm so excited! Below is a picture of my mini-success!

137lbs.jpg

I can't wait to see what next week's weight loss will be!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!