Current 140; Goal 115

Options

Replies

• prila13
    prila13 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Well, a couple of weeks ago, I had to return to the doctor to have my blood work done for my thyroid problems. Unfortunately, my levels were off by quite a few. I contribute that partly to the reason my weight loss has been so slow. The doctor said they were probably going to increase my medicine. I've had this happen many times and about 2 weeks into taking the increased medicine I drop about 5 lbs (I don't complain!) So, if they change my medicine, we'll see what happens.

My update on pictures is coming up in a little over 2 weeks too. In a way, I can't wait to see if I can see any changes in pictures.
  • RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • prila13
    Options
    Well, I got a little excited that I had lost weight and decided to weigh-in today. My weight is down 1 more pound so I am down to 136. [4 lbs lost]

My measurements however are what is changing the most. Last week when I weighed in and took measurements I was here:
    Waist: 32.5
    Hips: 39.5
    Thigh: 22.5
    Chest: 35
    BMI: 27.0 (estimate from an online calculator)

This week:
    Waist: 31.5
    Hips: 39.0
    Thigh: 21.0
    Chest: 34.5
    BMI: 27.0 (like i said, this is just an estimate from a website)

But, I am happy with the subtle changes and 1 pound lost. I'll take whatever I can get. Now, I'm going to go get ready to head out for my walk. It's been a little slower since I hurt my knee trying to jog but I still get up and do it. :)
  • JewellsDust
    JewellsDust Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey! haha I have the same goal and everything! I'm a little taller then you buttt, same difference :) good luck!
  • prila13
    Options
    I stepped on the scale again today. I've lost another pound.I'm down to 135. Just 5 more lbs til my 1st goal!
  • nkaplosinit
    nkaplosinit Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Great job on the 5lbs lost! Keep up the great work!!
  • prila13
    Options
    I'm checking in. I don't have any weight loss to report but I do have a NSV to report.
    I went out for my daily walk today. I walked 1.5 miles. My local walking track is 0.5 mile trip. So 3 laps = 1.5 (I'm sure you all could figure that out!)
    Sooooo, my NSV was as follows:

Lap 1 - 10:11 (this has been my normal time) So, I pushed myself a little more on the second lap.
    Lap 2 - 9:20 I was so excited for this I decided to try again for a better time.
    Lap 3 - 7:55 I about died when I saw this time!

So, my NSV for today is that I managed to bump up my time on my 0.5 mi lap. This brings my 1.5 mile time up from 33 to 27 mins. Yay!

Now, I'm off to tackle Just Dance 2 for a little bit before my shower.
  • mamabearr
    mamabearr Posts: 304
    Options
    You're doing great!
    I have a smiliar goal as yours. I want to be around 115 when I'm done this weight loss journey. I'm 5'3 though.
  • freerange
    freerange Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    You can do it,
  • Maghenta
    Maghenta Posts: 100
    Options
    Oh Prilla Prilla... U're SO young & Beautiful... U can Do IT.... and jst a lil FyI.... am only 5'4" :wink: Yup am a Shorty too.... lol... and my Prilla is 5'5"..... well Good luck to YOU :flowerforyou:
  • prila13
    Options
    It's hard to believe that in just 5 days, I will have been on this weight loss journey for a whole month. Wow, a month! I will have pictures to post on that day and I hope, hope, hope some progress can be seen.

I don't have any new weight loss to report but, I successfully walked 2 miles today. Granted, my first 0.5 mi was my wam-up mile and my last 0.5 mi was my cool down mile. But still, I consider that a NSV for me.

Also, yesterday I managed to drink over 4 8 oz. glasses of water which was a challenge for myself in March.

I'm hoping to have some more weight loss to report by the end of my month. If not, the 5lbs. I have managed to lose is good enough for me, for now. Like I said... FOR NOW!
  • prila13
    Options
    It looks like should've waited until today to post. I weighed today since I havent weighed in a couple of days and I'm down to 134 lb. which is a total of 6 lbs. lost since 2/19/11. But... I still have 4 more days to go and I might lost another lb. before it's over with. LOL Who knows... I've been averaging about a lb. a week so I think that's just fine. :smile:
  • prila13
    Options
    sorry guys n gals. i know 2day is my 1 month update. couldnt step on the scale. i hurt my back last night. i had to be taken to the ER. they think i pulled a muscle. it sure does feel awful. so, no update, no pictures. but, as soon as i'm back on my feet i will get you guys some pictures. until next time...
  • prila13
    Options
    Ok all... I haven't posted any pics, I know it's been past my 1 month update but, I'm a little scared that I've gained a couple of pounds from being stuck in a sedentary lifestyle due to my back injury however, I went to the chiropractor today and I am now allowed to sit (not for long periods of time) and I finally got out of the house and drove to my hunny's house. It's only a 5 mile drive from my house so I figured I'd be ok. Plus, cabin fever was about to hit me BAD. I can probably start back walking soon. (At least I hope so.) I might start back just walking 0.5 mi to begin with. I don't want to overdo it, ya know. So, once I'm back into my normal swing of things and have lost a couple of more pounds, I'm going to post pictures for you all. I know my "starting" pictures are getting boring. So, be patient with me...

Until next time...
  • ashmo1785
    ashmo1785 Posts: 117
    Options
    Hey,

I've just read all the posts and am loving your story. sorry to hear about your back hope you get better. you were doing so well.

Can't wait to hear more of your story.
  • prila13
    Options
    :smile: Thank you ashmo1785!

My back is doing better. In fact, I went out with my little sister and walked for 15 minutes today. :bigsmile:

My hunny bought me a heart rate/calorie counter/stopwatch wrist watch so I could keep up with things and it came in the mail yesterday. I'm loving it. Although, the only thing wrong with it is that we requested a purple one but they sent a blue one. Oh well, color isnt everything and I'm not sending it back now. :laugh:

I've decided to start back with walking a half mile every other day until I'm confident that my back is fully healed. Once I drop a couple of more lbs. I will post update pictures. Thank you all for your support and motivation. I am loving this website and I've even got my little sister hooked on it as her doctor requested she lose 20 or so lbs.

Until next time...
  • laurajanesheridan
    Options
    best of luck to you:smile::smile: :smile:
  • prila13
    Options
    Ok, so I was able to step on the scale today.. I haven't lost any weight, but I haven't gained any either so I thought it only fitting to post the pictures I had planned to after a month on my journey. There's not much of a difference but, 6 lbs. makes me happy.

134lbs_31811.jpg

I also took this picture that I forgot to start out with so here it is, my big 'ol butt! LOL

134_fatbutt.jpg

I'm going to continue my progress slowly as I recover from my back injury. Once I'm back up and going completely, things will get back to normal, I hope.

Until next time...:heart:
  • ebgbjo
    ebgbjo Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    You are doing great! We are similar in height with similar goals. I am 4' 11", currently weigh 127.4lbs, but started taking my weight loss seriously when I was 141.8lbs. Joined the site at 138.4lbs.

I am also hypothyroid and really hate it. Used to be real tiny before pregnancy- 118, got pregnant and up to 174lbs. Didn't lose ANYTHING for a little over 2yrs. Finally managed to get down to 154 by time kid hit 3yrs old then doctor checked my blood for thyroid issue and sure enough, I was hypo.

Best of luck on your weight loss journey
  • prila13
    Options
    I personally don't see much difference in how I look but, I can tell in clothes. I pulled out a pair of dress pants I bought back in the winter while they were on sale. They are a size 7. I normally wear a size 9. They are still a little tight but not like they were when I bought them. Haha. The only reason I did buy them was because they were on sale for 4 bucks! I couldnt pass it up. I just knew someday I'd get to fit in them. Eventually, they will fit comfortably.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!