How I burn SO many calories in fraction of the time!!!

Options
I burn a lot of calories doing cardio by doing HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training).

I run on random interval or Hills from level 1-5 (I don't want the elevation too high, I want preserve my knees lol)...

At that point, I Sprint for 60 seconds (8.0-8.3 MPH) then walk two minutes... I do this for about 30 minutes or so.

By the time I'm done, I would have completed 3 miles just sprinting 1/3 of the entire time. My reward is all the calories I burned.

I like to utilize my HRM/Calorie counter watch and the machine calorie counter to compare numbers. ( I usally go with the lower by the way)

This type of training will definitely help with your NEAT activities also.

I eat oatmeal with extra virgin coconut oil in the mornings (EVCO has the fats to help burn storage fat) and I drink pure isolate protein throughout the day to preserve my muscle and eat fresh .

That's just a snap shot of some of the things that has help me loss a ton of weight and inches in no time.

Try it and tell me how it works out for you!

Fo more info... Just ask or send me a friend request.

Replies

• anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    I incorporate HIIT routines into a lot of my workouts. Mostly on the elliptical since I'm constantly used to the highest resistance, I incorporate varying speeds. I usually burn roughly 1000 calories in 30 minutes, based off of weight input and HR. I purposely lower the weight input and slightly augment the position of my HRM to read a lower HR than what it truly is. And that's where the 1000 calories in 30 minutes hits. If I were to use my true weight and read my actual HR it would come out to about 1200 every 30 minutes.

But yes, HIIT is exceptionally effective in keeping metabolism guessing at its highest with muscle confusion. Plus it stimulates the twitch fibers between large muscle groups keeping them rapidly active. Keep it up, chief.
  • zebulonwindrow
    Options
    Thank you for the tip on the EVCO. I will definitely check that out. I am also going to look into the protein. I plan to start working out when I get out of school.

What do you use as far as the protein? How much do you drink? And, do you know any place to get good deal on EVCO? Thanx =)
  • quentien3
    quentien3 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I incorporate HIIT routines into a lot of my workouts. Mostly on the elliptical since I'm constantly used to the highest resistance, I incorporate varying speeds. I usually burn roughly 1000 calories in 30 minutes, based off of weight input and HR. I purposely lower the weight input and slightly augment the position of my HRM to read a lower HR than what it truly is. And that's where the 1000 calories in 30 minutes hits. If I were to use my true weight and read my actual HR it would come out to about 1200 every 30 minutes.

But yes, HIIT is exceptionally effective in keeping metabolism guessing at its highest with muscle confusion. Plus it stimulates the twitch fibers between large muscle groups keeping them rapidly active. Keep it up, chief.

Man! You hit it right on the Nail, I'm telling you HIIT is the truth! That's what's up with all the weight loss bro! I'm coming down you way man! Keep me posted bro!
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    Some people aren't impressed with HIIT training, but I love it. I'm so short on time sometimes and need to improve my cardio strength. HIIT has really improved that. I do Insanity workouts and HIIT on the treadmill.
  • quentien3
    Options
    Some people aren't impressed with HIIT training, but I love it. I'm so short on time sometimes and need to improve my cardio strength. HIIT has really improved that. I do Insanity workouts and HIIT on the treadmill.

Most definitely. If you are doing HIIT in addition to INSANITY. you definitely deserve those ABS I see you flexing. That's great.
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    Thanks, it's been a hard road back to grace but I love the new me.
  • quentien3
    Options
    Thanks, it's been a hard road back to grace but I love the new me.

You deserve it. Great job, and continue to build on your foundation.
  • quentien3
    Options
    I hear the HIIT Calling my name to start my weekend off right!
  • quentien3
    Options
    I hear the HIIT Calling my name to start my weekend off right!

I didn't realize how beat I am until I tried to have a relaxing run! Can you say weekend off.:laugh:
  • mynameiselizabeth
    Options
    Yup, love HIIT. I do HIIT 2-3x a week. I hate doing it but, love the feeling afterward.
  • sarahliftsUP
    sarahliftsUP Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    For someone who has never done HIIT, what would you recommend? Myself for instance, I'm used to running on the treadmill for 30 minutes at a slow pace, 5.5-5.6 mph. I'd really like to give HIIT a try..
  • YeaILift
    YeaILift Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    Great Advice. HIIT is the way to go.
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,241 Member
    Options
    Interval training is something I have been looking into for a while. I cannot go running (I don't even like running in fact) right now because everything here is covered in snow. The idea of running not to mention sprinting in that slippery stuff is just a recipe for slipping and getting injured. I am looking at other options I could use to do the same thing since I don't have a treadmill available to me. For now cross-country skiing and Insanity will have to do. There is some good info of interval training here http://www.intervaltraining.net/
  • sarahliftsUP
    sarahliftsUP Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    Interval training is something I have been looking into for a while. I cannot go running (I don't even like running in fact) right now because everything here is covered in snow. The idea of running not to mention sprinting in that slippery stuff is just a recipe for slipping and getting injured. I am looking at other options I could use to do the same thing since I don't have a treadmill available to me. For now cross-country skiing and Insanity will have to do. There is some good info of interval training here http://www.intervaltraining.net/

Awesome, thanks for the link!
  • quentien3
    Options

Insanity will definitely get the job done.
  • rileysowner
    Options

Insanity will definitely get the job done.

It certainly kicks my behind. I still would like to incorporate Intervals. I have been looking at Turbulence Training as it has been recommended by a few people who I respect.
  • mrsannett
    mrsannett Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Great info....I want to give it a try. I have a goal of losing 12 pounds or more a month...thanks for sharing!
  • rileysowner
    Options
    Tried a 20 minute interval training set on our recumbent bike. Six intervals, and I was beat. It is a great way to work out. I'm sure I would burn more running, but this didn't do too bad all things considered. It certainly worked up a great sweat and got me breathing really hard.
  • princess4mimi
    Options
    Thanks for all the information, I will most definitely do my homework so I can figure out how to incorporate HIIT into my weekly workouts. By the way how often per week do you do it consistently? For example maybe your goal is 6 times per week and you actually make it to 4 times per week....etc?
  • quentien3
    Options
    Yes! You can incorporate the HIIT into all excercises Cardio equipment, weights, and body weight excercises.