Healthy Sandwiches

Options
2»

Replies

• Lavendersunday
    Lavendersunday Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    If you like Josehp's Lavash Flat Bread...here is a treat:

Take one flat and cut in half. fold, and stick the folded halves in the toaster folded end down

If you toast it well and take it out and let cool it turns into crackers that are great for snacks.

I do this with my left over pieces all the time and eat it with homemade salsa or a wedge of Wee Brie.

Joseph's products have great ingredients no fat or cholesterol and lots of protein.

~Namaste :flowerforyou:
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    Oh my goodness!:noway: 400! Really?
    I eat samiches alot and always use these staples:

Lite whole grain bread 35 cals a slice
    lite mayo 45 cals in 1 Tbsp
    lean lunchmeat such as deli thin sliced ham, turkey, chicken (even turkey pepperoni)
    reduced fat cheese American cheese 50 cals or fat free if you like it
    add tomato and a little lettuce
    and wha la!

There really are a ton of lesser calorie substitutes for pretty much everything, it just takes a little looking is all. Hope this helps.:smile:

Holy cow, bread with only 35 calories a slice!? Where do you get it at and who makes it?
  • mommyskis
    mommyskis Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Sara Lee makes a diet bread that's 45 calories a slice. I also love the whole wheat pitas.
  • TashaKnight
    TashaKnight Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    you could be Sara Lee crazy!
    like...
    2 slices of the diet bread mommyskis suggested, (90)
    with 4 slices of Sara Lee turkey (50).
    of course you could put in lots of veggies
    and maybe some Laughing Cow cheese?
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    Options
    Oh my goodness!:noway: 400! Really?
    I eat samiches alot and always use these staples:

Lite whole grain bread 35 cals a slice
    lite mayo 45 cals in 1 Tbsp
    lean lunchmeat such as deli thin sliced ham, turkey, chicken (even turkey pepperoni)
    reduced fat cheese American cheese 50 cals or fat free if you like it
    add tomato and a little lettuce
    and wha la!

There really are a ton of lesser calorie substitutes for pretty much everything, it just takes a little looking is all. Hope this helps.:smile:

Holy cow, bread with only 35 calories a slice!? Where do you get it at and who makes it?

It really is out there...LOL. And it's GOOD. Look for the Healthy Life brand and yes, there are some others that are comparible like the Sara Lee.
  • msarro
    msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    Honeymood Sandwich!

(lettuce alone!)
    :laugh:
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    Options
    Honeymood Sandwich!

(lettuce alone!)

It took me a bit...but now I get it!

• cjjones58
    cjjones58 Posts: 44
    Options
    I had trouble finding the lite bread except for Nature's Own. Went to the bakery day old store and they carried Wonder lite and the Sara Lee bread. We also the love the La Tortilla Factory Smart and Delicious tortillas - Low Carb, High Fiber. They are only 50 calories and they are excellant. They have a long shelf life which is great. Bread ruins faster than we can use it. 50 calories is great compared to the 80 or 90 calories for the 2 pieces of light bread. At the bread store, I also found the lite hamburger buns and hotdog buns! Tried a turkey chili dog using the turkey wienne and the turkey chili and lite miracle whip with relish and it was awesome. I was shocked. We also like to buy the turkey pastrami and use the wrap, saukraut and lite swiss cheese and lite thousand island dressing and we have a reuben wrap. They are awesome!

If you have trouble finding a certain diet food, check out their websites and they usually have store locators so you can find out which grocery stores carry that particular item.

Good luck!
  • ohthatbambi
    ohthatbambi Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    Here in the South tomatoe sandwiches are a big hit. However so it won't get soggy you would need to wait and slice right before you eat it.