Lingerie Question......might be TMI

Options
Alright, I CAN NOT believe I am posting this on here. But I have been googling for awhile with no success for an answer to this question.

A little back story: I have been really self concious(I know I spelt it wrong) of myself. I feel a little better since losing weight but not close to where I want to be. My fiance' has hinted that he wanted me to be more comfortable in the "bedroom". Well, we are getting a house and officially moving in together. I wanted to surprise him. So, I went to Victorias Secret and got this Lace lingerie nighty thing. I really don't even know what to call it. LOL. I picked the one out that I thought was the most forgiving but it is black see through lace. It is very form fitting and thankfully there is a little bit of stretch to it. lol. So I guess what I am asking are these supposed to fit tight? Or should it be looser? And guys, would you be completely turned off if your lady was a little bigger and was wearing one and it was tight. I am not popping out of the top or anything. There is no muffin top of the back or anything. lol. But it is tight.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you sooo much!

Replies

• cirka2002
    cirka2002 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I think a lot of it has to do with your attitude. Just remember, he loves you, and if you feel comfortable, and a little fun/outgoing, I bet he will LOVE it!
  • southernlay_d
    Options
    Amber, you will be only as sexy as you feel. Put it on and strut your stuff, Girlfriend. Confidence is that sexiest outfit a girl can wear!!!!
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    If it has some stretch it's probably meant to be a little form fitting. I have a red lace nightie that I got before we were married. It still fits everywhere but boobs. Even though it doesn't fit perfectly and is not something I'd get pictures taken in, my husband still loves it. He's more concerned with me being comfortable and feeling sexy than whether or not it fits perfectly.
  • alexandra0825
    Options
    GIRL! If you're comfortable than that is ALL that matters. He is your fiance! He is going to love you no matter what. :D
    Wear something that makes you feel beautiful!
    I've always been really self concious about the way I look. It stinks, I know. BUT as cliche as this sounds, everyone is sooo beautiful. So, wear this peice of clothing proudly and be beautiful, like all of us women are.
  • scagneti
    scagneti Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    I bet you look fantastic! We tend to be our toughest critics.

Turn down the lights a little, put on some candles and some music and pour some wine and just be confident knowing how much he loves you and how beautiful he knows you are.
  • kimi233
    kimi233 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    They are suppose to be tight, to show off your curves. And your boyfriend loves you and your body, he will totally be turned on! You will be drop dead sexy!! Go get 'em girl!!! =)
  • MaryDreamer
    Options
    I have one like that and yes it's extremely form fitting, relax it's meant to be ;)
  • Swilson87
    Options
    He won't have a problem at all!!!!
  • dudey
    dudey Posts: 1
    Options
    My wife says post pics and we'll let you know LOL jk, jk...
  • Kminor67
    Kminor67 Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    It's supposed to be tight... form-fitting, and just plain knockout sexy.:love: I'm sure he'll love it... don't worry:wink:
  • kimi233
    Options
    P.S.

Wear some heels with it, it will make your legs look even sexier!! Just sayin
  • melizerd
    melizerd Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    It's a teddy. :D

And it can be either fitted or loose depending on style and cut. If it looks good on you, he's REALLY not going to care if something isn't "perfect" he'll be WAY to happy to see you do something out of the norm and sexy.

Go for it! Light some candles (more forgiving than real lights) and turn on some music and have fun.
  • Jamiebee24
    Jamiebee24 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Girl, weather it is tight or not tight---he'll love it. If it fits tight now, in a couple months from now, it won't be :smile: PLUS, it's going to come off anyways!! :laugh:

I've had to, and still am, deal with the same issues on feeling comfortable in my own skin...try it out, he'll love it, and you will gain some confidence!
  • sarahTV
    sarahTV Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    It depends on the style...many of those lingerie pieces are fitted, some have a little more 'room in the tummy' for fuller figures. My personal rule of thumb is to have a supportive bra or built in support top in the lingerie, otherwise your boobs will sag and that's NOT sexy IMO.

As long as you feel sexy in it, that's all that matters and I'm sure your man will be SO pumped that you did this for him that he won't notice your trouble areas :love:
  • HawkeyeGuy
    Options
    Miss Amber,

I'm a guy through and through, and let me share some insight from my perspective. I've been lucky enough in my life to date every size, shape and type of woman there is...and even luckier to see many of them, well, less than fully clothed. I can tell you one thing - lingerie, panties, etc are damn sexy BUT - NOTHING, and I mean NOTHING comes close to attitude to make someone sexier. Women can go from way less than model quality, to the sexiest you could imagine based on how they carry themselves, and their confidence levels. At the same time, some of the most gorgeous appealing women can drop off the scale when their attitudes let them.

So, my advice is this...act sexy and think sexy - you'll be sexy. It may take a while to build that confidence...but you'll get there. The weight loss and getting in shape isn't what ultimately is going to make you sexy...it's the attitude change in you that it will help bring out that is going to make you sexy. Same with lingerie...doesn't matter if it's tight or loose, if YOU feel sexier in it, you will be. Find something you're comfortable and feel hot in...your guy will pick up on it. And the more comfortable you feel in it, the less time you'll be wearing it anyway!!!

My guess is you're already there in the sexy department...you just don't know it, but you will. Keep at it.

SSG
  • lynx__13
    lynx__13 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    It'll be alllll goood! He's with you and that means he already loves the way you look! Feel confident you're beautiful and he's going to love that you spiced it up! :D
  • VolatileChocolate
    Options
    Hey you've got nothing to worry about, by the sounds of it your fiance loves you and wants to be with you and finds your sexy.

Men like seeing women dressed up whether is a see through negligee or stockings and suspenders. Yes if this is the first time for you, you'll probably feel nervous, self-concious and worry what your partner thinks. All I can say - bite the bullet and go for and just see his reaction - then you will know how much he likes you wearing it.

At my biggest I was a UK size 24 and dating so I would make the effort and not one person I met was turned off. In fact I got lots of compliments. I'm now down to UK size 18 and am able to buy a nicer selection of sexy underwear which also makes me feel better about myself.

You go girl

xVC
  • kimi233
    Options
    Miss Amber,

I'm a guy through and through, and let me share some insight from my perspective. I've been lucky enough in my life to date every size, shape and type of woman there is...and even luckier to see many of them, well, less than fully clothed. I can tell you one thing - lingerie, panties, etc are damn sexy BUT - NOTHING, and I mean NOTHING comes close to attitude to make someone sexier. Women can go from way less than model quality, to the sexiest you could imagine based on how they carry themselves, and their confidence levels. At the same time, some of the most gorgeous appealing women can drop off the scale when their attitudes let them.

So, my advice is this...act sexy and think sexy - you'll be sexy. It may take a while to build that confidence...but you'll get there. The weight loss and getting in shape isn't what ultimately is going to make you sexy...it's the attitude change in you that it will help bring out that is going to make you sexy. Same with lingerie...doesn't matter if it's tight or loose, if YOU feel sexier in it, you will be. Find something you're comfortable and feel hot in...your guy will pick up on it. And the more comfortable you feel in it, the less time you'll be wearing it anyway!!!

My guess is you're already there in the sexy department...you just don't know it, but you will. Keep at it.

SSG

VERY WELL SAID!!!
  • sculley
    sculley Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    I always get the one that buttons under the breast and then flows out like a babydoll outfit that way it was flowing and not tight so its more flattering...before I got pregnant and wore that sort of stuff for my husband I always felt more comfortable in that cause nothing else made me feel confidant... Hope you find something good for you....But I do agree if he wants you to be confident I am sure just the effort made by you he would love and find sexy.
  • LaurenRose2011
    Options
    VS is not very nice to we plus-sized women. That's for sure! I am sure that your fiancé will love it though even if it is a bit tight. ;) Guys seem to love the fact that we wear lingerie FOR them and not necessarily that we wear it just to wear it. So, I am sure it will be fine.

There is a great lingerie site that I use that you may want to look into though: http://www.hipsandcurves.com/plus-size-lingerie/

"plus size lingerie for full figured divas"

They have a lot of really gorgeous and sexy lingerie that's true to size and their sizes go up to 50-something and 5/6Xs.

Congrats on the house, and the impending marriage! :)