All Inclusive Vacations?

2»

Replies

• bump
  • RoadDog
    RoadDog Posts: 2,946 Member
    Moon Palace mexico.
    We go twice a year - its beautiful. Its HUGE. Like the size of a small town. There are 14 resturaunts and like 20 bars including swim up and pool/ beach bars. If you want quiet and romantic stay on the Moon Grande side - thats where we stayed last time gosh it was beautiful.
    Since there are 2.5 miles of beachfront .. we walked back and forth so much I actually ate and drank like a HOG and lost weight lol We stayed at the moon grande side and walked over to the other side (Sunrise) where all the partying is and our fave breakfast resturant.. we probably walked back and forth 5 times a day. It adds up!
    Message me for more details if you like, or photos. We are members (like a time share but not) and I would be happy to give you a week at our price.

Been there. It was too spread out for us, but very nice. Great Food. We have been to Barcelo La Jolla de Mismaloya 3 times. It's in PV. We really like it there.
  • h2onut
    h2onut Posts: 164
    I only vacation at all-inclusives. We honemooned (many years ago;) at a Sandals resort in Jamaica - loved it but definitely caters to honeymooners or those on anniversaries, have stayed at many all-inclusives in Mexico (Mayan Riviera & Puerto Vaillarta) - have yet to come across one we weren't thrilled with. I typically stick to no less than 4.5 stars, especially in Mexico - service, cleanliness, etc. is important to us. Trip advisor is an excellent resource, once you've narrowed it down (can be overwhelming if you don't) - just be careful to take the comments with a grain of salt, as long as the majority were happy with the resort, it's probably a gooder, especially if the key amenities/services you are looking for in a resort are positive comments;)
    We're approaching middle-age so tend to lean towards the smaller, quieter resorts. We find the service/1:1 attention is that much better.
    Have a great time wherever you choose - bonus is that most places cater to those trying to watch their wasteline these days - excellent food choices, and TONS of fresh fruit:)
  • ashley0616
    ashley0616 Posts: 579 Member
    h2onut's fruit comment reminded me of the fresh mango-on-a-stick at the resort. Oooooooh yummmmmmmmmm.
  • tmthorn0927
    tmthorn0927 Posts: 155 Member
    bump for vacation ideas! the only all inclusive I have ever done is a cruise! love them :)
  • katbass
    katbass Posts: 351 Member
    I guess I should mention that we are going to Casa de Campo in the Dominican Republic next month. We've been twice already and we absolutely LOVE it. I didnt mention it before because I think you mentioned a specific price range, and Casa is definitely a "splurge, you only live once" kinda place :) Absolutely gorgeous! We have never noticed many kids, but we are bringing our 1 year old this trip, so they definitely allow kids, even if they dont cater to them.

Casa is where the "Big Break" show is filmed for the Golf Channel. Seriously gorgeous and sooo relaxing. The food is out of this world!
This discussion has been closed.