Do you workout during that time of the month?

13»

Replies

• I do :) However the cramps are always worse when I stop moving !
  • Rurouni_Kou
    Rurouni_Kou Posts: 180 Member
    Depends on how I'm feeling. When I have mine come around there are times when the pain is so bad I shake and get close to passing out. Those days are hitting the advil and move as little as possible days.

If I'm feeling fine I will work out if I can. However, I don't use pads or tampons. I despise pads (I was in gymnastics and thus feeling like I was wearing a diaper sucked) and I despise pads and tampons because you throw them away, thus making trash and also wasting money. I bought myself a menstrual cup about a year ago and I'm still praising the makers of those things. I can do whatever the heck I want now athletics wise when that time of the month comes (Cheers!), I don't create trash, it's not toxic (like tampons can be), and I'm saving money now since I don't have to throw it away and buy new ones all the time. I'm pleased.
  • YeaILift
    YeaILift Posts: 580 Member
    I workout during every time of the month :laugh:
  • mallymoo86
    mallymoo86 Posts: 24 Member
    I usually have a very heavy flow too. I know that it feels icky. My advice is wear black pants "just in case" and do as much as you feel able. I do it because it's the right thing and like I read earlier.... I need the extra calories for chocolate. :laugh:
  • SoFancySoBlessed
    SoFancySoBlessed Posts: 224 Member
    JUST FINISHED MY "TIME" AND I WORKED OUT ALL DAYS EXCEPT DAY 1 :sick: ......I ACTUALLY WAS LIGHTER THAN NORMAL FOR ALL THE OTHER DAYS...AND....NO CRAMPING AT ALL :happy: !!! SO EXCITED!!! I CANNOT WEAR TAMPONS EITHER SO I FEEL YOU ON THE YUCK PART, BUT I HAVE TO AGREE WITH THE REST OF US THAT I FEEL 110% BETTER AFTERWARDS!
  • I never did until I joined MFP After reading posts by others, I have been working out at least on alternate days and I agree that it makes me feel way better! I too feel generally tired during my period but working out somehow helps - I go on the elliptical or use the Kinect Zumba. I may not workout as intensely as I do on other days but even 30 minutes helps.I dont use tampons either.
  • Yep! Even if I really feel like crashing! i always work out first thing in the morning and I get bad stomach pains a couple days before to the first day so I take Mydol/advil and workout anyways. Helps keep me on track, even when I don't feel like it!
  • sarina87
    sarina87 Posts: 400 Member
    It really sucks for me because i have the worst cramps, But once i get some asprin in me, i am good as new and ready to workout.
  • I used to get horrid cramps and it was heavy so i wouldnt work out. This last month i did workout and it really took the cramps away and i barely had a period. so now i work out during it.
  • believetoachieve
    believetoachieve Posts: 675 Member
    I honestly don't ever use my period as an excuse for anything - and only in rare circumstances should others (at least in my opinion!). Exercise has been proven to help with period pains and symptoms - so why not? You don't need to be running full-speed ahead, but some weights or pilates isn't going to cause any problems whatsoever! :wink:
  • curleesam
    curleesam Posts: 462 Member
    I was wondering this the other day! I always try to but do find one or two days I dont have enough energy and do some pilates at home instead.
  • curleesam
    curleesam Posts: 462 Member
    I always do, no excuses.

ps. i have a wife and 2 teen daughters, so there TOM is my TOM. LOL!

LOL LOL LOL love it! My hubby would say the same thing!
This discussion has been closed.