My diet buddy keeps Cheating!

Options
2»

Replies

• nerdyandilikeit
    nerdyandilikeit Posts: 2,185 Member
    Options
    Its not really that weird that your best friend is an awful diet buddy. I personally started this site specifically because my best friend and I (we have been best friends since high school, were roommates in college, sharing an apartment now and are just generally inseparable) have tried many times to be diet buddies, but we are awful at talking each other out of exercising and talking each other into eating too much bad food for the sake of hanging out and having fun. I feel exactly like your situation, where I'm motivated and she's just not into it. It did make me mad and frustrated for a long time, but like a week ago it just clicked that I can't make her do it if she doesn't want to do it the same way I do. So, I'd say find a new diet buddy, even if its someone online that you are accountable to (for me, just people being able to see my updates and stuff is enough to motivate me!), or you may end up losing a best friend :(
  • nerdyandilikeit
    nerdyandilikeit Posts: 2,185 Member
    Options
  • MoM2LayLa09
    Options
    My sister and I made it competitive and it worked well for both of us. If we broke a rule we had to pay the other person $20, but you would really have to trust that the other person wouldn't lie about it. Some things we have given up (some just for a month, some for the last 6 months; pop, booze, cheese, ranch and blue cheese dressing, fried food, no eating after 8pm, pizza, chips, must drink water..etc (we used our own weaknesses))

haha thats funny !! - I definitely do trust her and think its amazing that she shares when she cheats when she could just keep it hush hush. but its kinda like temptation ya know? this little devil comes to my ear and says... see she cheated once you can too! and thats what makes me irritated. we give up stuff together also, pop, no eating 3 hrs before bed... but she isn't keeping her side of the deal :| i'm gonna tell her she owes me 20 bucks! haha
  • MoM2LayLa09
    Options
    Its not really that weird that your best friend is an awful diet buddy. I personally started this site specifically because my best friend and I (we have been best friends since high school, were roommates in college, sharing an apartment now and are just generally inseparable) have tried many times to be diet buddies, but we are awful at talking each other out of exercising and talking each other into eating too much bad food for the sake of hanging out and having fun. I feel exactly like your situation, where I'm motivated and she's just not into it. It did make me mad and frustrated for a long time, but like a week ago it just clicked that I can't make her do it if she doesn't want to do it the same way I do. So, I'd say find a new diet buddy, even if its someone online that you are accountable to (for me, just people being able to see my updates and stuff is enough to motivate me!), or you may end up losing a best friend :(

its sucks doesnt it :( there is no one else in my immediate circle that even trys or wants to workout or eat good with me ... except her but ya know it lasts for a week and then done for a month. I found this site 17 days ago and my whole outlook has changed! she is on this site too but i see her slipping and i really want no part of it... i'm ready for a change!
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,742 Member
    Options
    God grant me the serenity to accept the people I cannot change, the courage to change the one I can, and the wisdom to know it's me.
  • MoM2LayLa09
    Options
    (she is my best friend - we do everything together and we talk hours a day through texting... i can't just let her go or say goodbye and i dont want to... but i dont know what else to say to keep her on track.)

I AM CONFUSED... WHEN YOU SAY i DON'T WANT TO SAY GOODBYE WHAT DOES THIS MEAN? AS IN GOODBYE TO WHAT? NOT YOUR FRIENDSHIP RIGHT?

SHE JUST ISN'T SERIOUS ENOUGH FOR THIS AND UNTIL SHE IS THERE ISN'T MUCH YOU CAN DO. DON'T KILL YOURSELF STRESSING. LET HER KNOW YOU ARE DOING IT AND UNLESS SHE CAN STEP UP YOU AREN'T GOING TO TALK ABOUT THIS WITH HER. FOCUS ON YOURSELF THE REST WILL COME INTO PLAY. SHE NEEDS WILLPOWER AND HASN'T FOUND IT YET!

Thats what I mean... I don't want to say good bye to her as a diet buddy... when she is motivated its awesome! she keeps me on track and we scream and jump up and down when we lose weight... but lately she's been slipping and i keep trying to motivate her but its obviously not working... and seeing that she is eating popcorn at the movies with butter and salt and pizza (3-4 slices) for dinner... it really makes me think... hmm i do good 90% of the time and she is at 50% of the time.... this is not motivating me.. its bringing me down..
  • bhb301
    bhb301 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    I'm having the same problem with my mom. She was diagnosed as pre-diabetic in December. She needs to lose 60lbs. I have tried and tried, once I even *****ed at her. Recently I chose to not talk to her about it, I am doing this for myself. Hopefully your friend and my mom will see our success and soon follow. Good luck to you.
  • MoM2LayLa09
    Options
    Thanks again! I am really trying to be positive : ) ill try harder !