Discouraged:(

Options
13»

Replies

• Pink3113
    Options
    I find that the more excercise I do, takes off size so don't take any notice of the scales. Your weight will start to come down but in the mean time people will start to notice that you look better and slimmer even though you don't weigh less. With feeling hungry all the time, try and eat little portions of protein. That seams to satisfy me until my main meal. You're going really well so keep it up.
  • Staceslim
    Staceslim Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Hi not to be a nag but how much water do you drink? Although you say you've gained weight have you lost inches anywhere? I always try to remember that they say that muscle weighs more than fat so sometimes you can't really go buy the scale. I really don't want to make you more upset. I also hate that feeling of being hungry. Have you tried munching on fresh veggies? I told my diabetes dietician that I get up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom & I insist on grabbing a chip or ten on the way by. I have started taking veggies with me & consciously munch on the so that I fill up on them & water. Cheer up I am sure the wonderful people on here have all kinds of experiences to share.:flowerforyou:
  • jlsAhava
    jlsAhava Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    I actually drank my coffee black today, it was different and yes guilty for not eating a ton of fresh fuirt n veggies cause im allergic to most of the pesticides used and ive tried organic too but sometimes they r just as bad if not worse with being around chemicals before entering a store! I'm also allergic to apples, almonds, n soy so I am alittle limited. I must not have chose the correct type of bread because its actually the Franz whole grain white my family wont eat wheat and all the wheat breads i was trying had more sugar or were much more dense? I was forcing myself to eat breakfast to "start my metabolism" eating a pbnj or whole grain cereal but has not made a difference idrather go back to starving and drinking my coffee n I was trying skim milk n nutrisweet for awhile too but not the same:( So where do I compromise? But i really do appreciate all of the feedback.

Good job swapping out the creams and sugar... If you can continue to drink it black then great! Otherwise, keep playing around in different milk/sweetener combinations until you find something palatable.

As for the veges, try frozen organic. I imagine the bags around the items will limit the contamination with pesticides. They're also sooo easy to work with.

And breads can be tricky. Eating whole grain is good, just make sure to look at the label to avoid deceptive advertising. If the label says "enriched" flour - it's not as good for you as they would like you to believe.
    People keep telling me im probably building muscle but I want & need to lose fat??? I dont want to "bulk" up n weight more I want to weigh a healthy weight n be physically fit. I am considered OBESE for my height n weight.

Muscle burns more calories than fat, so in the long run you'll be better off. Also, if you're doing sets of 12 or more reps it's unlikely that you're using weights heavy enough to truly bulk you up. To do that you would be using weights heavy enough to limit the number of reps you're able to do. And even that takes time.

I noticed someone already posted this thread, but I'll post it here again for convenience. I think it will help to put things in perspective.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/3047-700-calories-a-day-and-not-losing

Remember - YOU CAN DO THIS!
  • Ceria
    Ceria Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Add Sodium & Sugar to your settings in your food diary, and pay attention to those too, especially the sodium. Make sure you're drinking enough water to counteract the effects of sodium as it causes you to retain water weight (bloating). Try to incorporate more fruit & veggies into each meal (don't worry so much about the natural sugars from fruit), and stay away from the high density carbs. Low density carbs will fuel your body for your workouts, and give you more fibre.

Protien is essential, but make sure it's low fat. I started buying 0% fat Greek Yogurt which is high in protein, and eat it every morning with 1 cup of frozen berries (blueberries, or a trio mix I get at Costco - relatively good price), with 1 serving of a high fibre cereal - like bran flakes (low in sugar). The frozen berries freezes the yogurt and it's like eating a frozen yogurt treat. I bash the berries up a bit to help sweeten up the yogurt, as it is quite tart. Make sure to always eat breakfast, as it gets your metabolism going for the day.

When I first started I was adding a lot of cream & sugar to my coffee. I started cutting down how much I added, and how strong I made my coffee, so I didn't need to add so much! Those coffee creamers are delish, but very high in cals. My cal goal is 1200, so if I had 100 - 150 cals for my coffee each day, it really took away from how much real food I could eat.

Everything will work out for you. Keep up your exercise! It will come off, don't give up!!!
  • Ceria
    Ceria Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    This is exactly my suggestion. Although you are within calorie range, you are choosing foods that are designed to stick with you. Drink more water and eat less sodium and you will see dramatic results. Also if you dont add veggies and fruit, there is nothing to flush your system properly. Keep your head up and try some modification to your diet. I wish you much luck.