my wife says I have a problem

Options
BigBeaver
BigBeaver Posts: 858 Member
My wife just told me, in a Jeff Foxworthy-you might be a redneck sort of way--"If you are entering food, while you are eating, you might have a problem," like I have an addiction. Just because I like this site, and I want to see what the damages are or make sure I am getting it in right, and not forgetting something, geesh! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Replies

• Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    When you're logging marital-relations calories in the moment THEN you might have a problem.... :laugh:
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    When you're logging marital-relations calories in the moment THEN you might have a problem.... :laugh:

That is why the lady should do all the work. :wink:

I am going to get hammered for that one aren`t I? eeek.gif
  • stephanielynn76
    stephanielynn76 Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Haha I do the same thing so I must have a problem too! You know it's bad when you go to a restaurant with friends and you've got your face in an iPhone looking up info to decide on the most low cal thing to order!
  • SavannaN
    SavannaN Posts: 148
    Options
    um... I log this before I do it. If its too much, I wont eat it and change my diary until I find something I can eat...lol
  • Vicki_78
    Vicki_78 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Haha I do the same thing so I must have a problem too! You know it's bad when you go to a restaurant with friends and you've got your face in an iPhone looking up info to decide on the most low cal thing to order!

i do this whenever i go out to eat!!! or i'll find out where we are going before we leave & pick out what to order so i won't be tempted by the menu!!! :)
  • cccathyyy
    cccathyyy Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    If you have a problem, I really have a problem, because I usually log before I eat anything ;).
  • Mrs_McFadden
    Options
    I am regularly ..*putting a sea salt pita chip in my mouth right now* inputting calories as I consume them. I also do the whole 'should I eat this..no way psych!' entry and delete. Also I just noticed I've only eaten 500 calories today.
    I've never counted a calorie in my life before this so I'm trying not to be all crazy and start getting greedy with the calorie reduction and eat a piece of celery per day.
  • odaatsue
    Options
    um... I log this before I do it. If its too much, I wont eat it and change my diary until I find something I can eat...lol

Me, too! This whole MFP has COMPLETELY opened my eyes!

:heart:
  • heatypablo
    Options
    Haha!! That's funny... I always make my dinner, take it to the computer desk, log it in and then start eating it. It's a habit. :happy:
  • sherri31
    Options
    I always log while im eating it and i always look up food before i go to the restraunt. Im also having a couple drinks tommorrow so i have my whole food diary already done for tommorrow.
  • Hotbysummer
    Options
    im cracking up over here!!!! just glad im not the only one doing ALLLL of these things! bahahah!!!!
  • kmm7309
    kmm7309 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    Maybe I need to take note from you guys! In the last two days I have been angered and overwhelmed by the calories I've consumed that I didn't look at beforehand.

Waffle House and Tropical Smoothie *shakes head* I need to eat at home more. When I saw the calories in my smoothie I just finished, I got nauseous.
  • TaraMaria
    TaraMaria Posts: 1,975
    Options
    I honestly think this is how we begin to memorize calories and what foods are good/bad for us! When I was consistently tracking foods in the moment I was more on target with my weight loss then when I sat down at the end of the day and tried to remember everything I put in my mouth! :o)
  • passionately_kate
    passionately_kate Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    lmao!! I went on my phone at a restaurant, logged it into diary so i can find out the lowest calories lol
  • BigBeaver
    BigBeaver Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    Haha!! That's funny... I always make my dinner, take it to the computer desk, log it in and then start eating it. It's a habit. :happy:

Yeah, thats all I was doing, I made us both a salad with some grilled chicken on top, walked to the computer, and logged it in, while I was taking a bite, its just what I do
  • imperfectlyhere
    Options
    I do the same thing! I guess i have a problem too....
  • chelsiburnett
    Options

I do the exact same thing!! LOL!
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options

hahahaha me too! I plan my food out for the next day and try to leave room for unforeseen circumstances. Like hollow leg syndrome. :laugh: If the protein is too low or the calories are too high, I move things around until the numbers are right.
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    I can pretty much prelog my whole work week on Monday usually :P OCD much? haha
  • CalorieNinja
    CalorieNinja Posts: 645 Member
    Options

Your saying we shouldn't do this while doing it? Aww man I have been doing it ALL wrong... LOL :grumble: