Buffet Opened Up NEXT Door to Gym WTF?!?!?!

Options
Amajoy
Amajoy Posts: 140 Member
OK SERIOUSLY.... There should be a law against any food place opening up next to a gym!

About a week ago a Buffet opened up right next door to the gym I go to. Now the back two rooms (where all the classes, free weights, steppers, & medicine balls are) smell like chinese food. I am not talking a faint smell, I am talking full blown CHINESE like your in the restaurant with a plate of food in front of you smell.

Its smells REALLY good, but I am in no way tempted to go eat there, I just think its huge turn off when I am trying to workout and all I smell is food.

I think the gym may start losing customers because of it...

Replies

• CCSunlight
    CCSunlight Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I walk out of my gym and can smell the Subway next door while I see the Pizza Hut in front of me. As I pull out of the parking lot there's a McDonalds and a Dunkin Donuts. It kills me.
  • luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    ever since I have changed to my healthy lifestyle, and have not eaten that crap in 5 months, the smell of it, as when I walk into walmart and they are frying chicken, just makes me want to gag. You really have to think of it differently and then eventually you will always think gag when you smell it.
  • MooseWizard
    MooseWizard Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Right?! There's a buffet across the parking lot of my gym, so you're staring at it through the wall of glass while working out on the machines. The other location has a Burger King right outside the window.
  • Amajoy
    Amajoy Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    At least its outside.... I would be okay with that, but its all inside the gym, YUCK! lol
  • HW2Hottie
    Options
    That is wrong as hell!! I could not work out and smell that. They will loose business. The only thing in the parking lot of my gym (thank goodness) is a Jenny Craig and a smoothie joint.
  • andrewajm
    andrewajm Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    thats brutal wow...i think the owner of the gym should make them put in duct work so the smell doesnt ruin his business /...who wants to smell chinese food everytime they go workout...personally i would be starving for it lol...but after a while it would just gross me out...thats ridiculouys and if i was going to that gym with a membership i would be pissed...not the gretest setup ...
  • BigDaddyRonnie
    BigDaddyRonnie Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    There was one next to the old gym that I was a member of...it was funny to watch...
  • Dave59
    Dave59 Posts: 28
    Options
    You definitely don't want the smell of Chinese food in the gym (or any strong odor). Hopefully something can be worked where the restaurant vents to the outside better.

I would seriously considering changing gyms if I had that.
  • xxx_Pink_Princess_xxx
    Options
    GAdddddsssss!!!! thats well bad!!! Ohhh well at least u can reward ur self and think Im not going and that makes me strong!! xxxx
  • mandalina23
    Options
    ever since I have changed to my healthy lifestyle, and have not eaten that crap in 5 months, the smell of it, as when I walk into walmart and they are frying chicken, just makes me want to gag. You really have to think of it differently and then eventually you will always think gag when you smell it.

That's what happened to me when I cut a lot of sugar out of my diet, when I would try a full blown sugary desert, it would be way to rich for me and I couldn't eat it. That's what we need a pill or a drink you drink that turns your taste bud and smell sense away from all deliciously FATTENING foods!!!!!!! hahaha ...

That does suck though, I LOVE Chinese food!!
  • agordon415
    Options
    In my area, there is a Jenny Craig right next to a Cold Stone Creamery ice cream shop. Hysterical!!
  • iplayoutside19
    iplayoutside19 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    There's a Heart Surgery Center across from our YMCA.....I'm taking abother lap, or doing an extra rep!
  • Martha_VH
    Martha_VH Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    In my town there is a special chicken that they sell as a fundraiser. Its called Nelson's Golden Glow. Its kind of a cross between BBQ and Rotisserie...
    But anyway, one day they were selling it right outside of Curves. I kind of found it funny. Thank goodness I wasn't working out that day!
  • verbifyvenus
    verbifyvenus Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    That's America for ya. As soon as I step out of my gym there is a Panda Express and Starbucks directly in front of you and as you pull out there is literally 20 some restaurants on the street like Wendy's, McDonalds, Taco Bell, etc etc etc
  • live2smyle
    live2smyle Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    Thats just nasty :/ The idea of smelling Chinese food the entire time I am working out eww. Yep I would consider changing gyms as well. :flowerforyou:
  • smorrow33
    smorrow33 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Ugh that must suck! My gym actually has Pizza night and a bagel morning once a week. I hate going in there and seeing tons of Pizza boxes and being able to smell it when I'm working out. I could not handle that everyday. Oh and they also have a giant bowl of tootsie rolls on the counter when you walk in. Thank fully i have been good and havent been tempted to run for the pizza, lol.
  • mallorybriann
    mallorybriann Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    My gym is near a Subway, Larrys Giant Subs, Taco Bell, Godfathers Pizza Buffet, coffee shop, Krystals and a Picadilly. I put my blinders on and DRIVE FAST! lol
    But that smell would KILL ME! :sick:
  • mallorybriann
    Options
    Do you got to Planet Fitness???
    My gym has tootsie rolls too! WHY!??!! I want to knock them over so I don't have to see them! lol
    Ugh that must suck! My gym actually has Pizza night and a bagel morning once a week. I hate going in there and seeing tons of Pizza boxes and being able to smell it when I'm working out. I could not handle that everyday. Oh and they also have a giant bowl of tootsie rolls on the counter when you walk in. Thank fully i have been good and havent been tempted to run for the pizza, lol.
  • verbifyvenus
    verbifyvenus Posts: 175 Member
    Options

What the?! Why the heck would a gym have pizza night??? That is the stupidest thing I have ever heard. Not to mention candy greeting you at the counter. What gym do you go to?
  • mallorybriann
    Options
    Mine does this and I go to Planet Fitness
    Yesterday they had some food out when you walked in... it makes NO sense to me!

What the?! Why the heck would a gym have pizza night??? That is the stupidest thing I have ever heard. Not to mention candy greeting you at the counter. What gym do you go to?