Buffet Opened Up NEXT Door to Gym WTF?!?!?!

Options
2»

Replies

• Amajoy
    Amajoy Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Mine does this and I go to Planet Fitness
    Yesterday they had some food out when you walked in... it makes NO sense to me!
    Ugh that must suck! My gym actually has Pizza night and a bagel morning once a week. I hate going in there and seeing tons of Pizza boxes and being able to smell it when I'm working out. I could not handle that everyday. Oh and they also have a giant bowl of tootsie rolls on the counter when you walk in. Thank fully i have been good and havent been tempted to run for the pizza, lol.

What the?! Why the heck would a gym have pizza night??? That is the stupidest thing I have ever heard. Not to mention candy greeting you at the counter. What gym do you go to?

WHAT ON EARTH!??!?!?!?!? Thats worst then me having to smell chinese food! I cannot believe a gym would do that, what are they thinking?

What pisses me off is that the trainers kind of laugh about the smell... REALLY?!?!?! It's totally not funny its really gross and a turn off...
  • cmrich0511
    Options
    LOL. In the vicinity of the Gold's Gym I belong to there is a stand-alone Asian restaurant. Right next door to the gym we have a large amount of lovely smells-- not only are we given contact highs by the fumes of the nail salon immediately upon exiting the gym (or when going in), we also have our noses flooded with the smells from Little Caesar's Pizza, Wing Stop, and Schlotzsky's Deli. It doesn't really bother me going in, but if I've worked out really hard that day, I always get really nauseous when I leave.
  • ashonace07
    Options
    lol, There is a McDonalds directly in front of my gym. I will be on the eliptical and see people who was just right beside me get in there cars and head straigh for the drive thru :/
  • mallorybriann
    mallorybriann Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    they COULD be getting a salad... LOL
    lol, There is a McDonalds directly in front of my gym. I will be on the eliptical and see people who was just right beside me get in there cars and head straigh for the drive thru :/
  • sbilyeu75
    sbilyeu75 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Don't feel bad. When my gym has a family/visitor day they always have some restaurant in there giving out food. I've seen Chickfila and City BBQ.
  • junkfoodsux
    Options
    That's whacked!!! I would throw a barbell through their front window like Spike Lee did that trashcan in "Do The Right Thing,"......RADIO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • mikeyml
    mikeyml Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Do you got to Planet Fitness???
    My gym has tootsie rolls too! WHY!??!! I want to knock them over so I don't have to see them! lol
    Ugh that must suck! My gym actually has Pizza night and a bagel morning once a week. I hate going in there and seeing tons of Pizza boxes and being able to smell it when I'm working out. I could not handle that everyday. Oh and they also have a giant bowl of tootsie rolls on the counter when you walk in. Thank fully i have been good and havent been tempted to run for the pizza, lol.

I used to belong to Planet Fitness and they had a bagel morning and pizza night as well. I always found that to be absolutely ridiculous. However the tootsie rolls I think are a good idea. A lot of times if you have an intense workout you can get dizzy / lightheaded from low blood sugar. Eating something with sugar will help you feel better. It's especially important for people with diabetes and I'm sure that gyms get a lot of type 2 diabetics.
  • mikeyml
    Options
    Oh and my mom used to belong to Curves but she had to quit because all of the women brought in cupcakes and cookies every week like it was a party. She said it was more like a social gathering than a workout lol.
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    There are 22 restaurants surrounding the gym by my house...no exaggeration.
  • lizvanb
    lizvanb Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    In my area, there is a Jenny Craig right next to a Cold Stone Creamery ice cream shop. Hysterical!!

YES! My gym is next to a Coldstone also!! And Red Lobster!
  • time2move
    time2move Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    This totally reminds me of the recent Zappos commercial where the customer is returning work out equipment (a treadmill I think?) and getting a deep fryer. She tells the person she's "going in a different direction". It's the funniest thing.
  • dieseljay74
    Options
    Sounds like the market researchers found the perfect location to up their sales.....that's just dirty!
  • mallorybriann
    mallorybriann Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    HAHA! I have seen this one!!
    This totally reminds me of the recent Zappos commercial where the customer is returning work out equipment (a treadmill I think?) and getting a deep fryer. She tells the person she's "going in a different direction". It's the funniest thing.
  • CCSunlight
    CCSunlight Posts: 249 Member
    Options

not gonna lie, i grab a tootsie roll almost everytime i go in PF and i have no regrets. I've only been there for the Pizza Night once, but I honestly don't think it's that horrendous a thing. if you dont want to be there for it, go earlier in the day or skip that one night a month.
  • pkizzle7
    Options
    C'mon guys, let's be real. 1 slice of Pizza is not going to kill you. Planet Fitness Members pay 10$ a month. I think the point that they want to get across is that you can be healthy and eat pizza once a month.
  • mikeyml
    Options
    No one said 1 slice of pizza would kill their diet. The whole point of this thread is that it sucks to smell food when you are working out.