New "married 30 something" group anyone??

Options

Replies

• HisPathDaily
    HisPathDaily Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Yeah, tracking really makes you see it ... I now know that I have a love hate relationship with mayonnaise ;)
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options
    Accountability absolutely! The thought went through my mind on the treadmill last night, "I can't wait to post on MFP that I ran a 10k for the first time in a year." I was not as excited to post the six glasses of red wine I followed with. :drinker: A mile for every glass! That seems fair. I am a person who doesn't like to be restricted so seeing the balance really helps. And if I want to drink 6 glasses of wine, I know I have to run it off.
  • lkkyer
    lkkyer Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I'm 37 and happily married with a 9 year old son. I also have a twelve week old puppy. I think it qualifies as another child. This is a great idea!
  • dmisom79
    dmisom79 Posts: 112
    Options
    I'm 31 and married. no kids yet but we're going to start trying in May! i'm so excited! Feel free to add me as a friend and we can encourage each other along the way! :happy:
  • kath711
    kath711 Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    37 years old, married 16 years, three boys 10, 7 and 4. Glad to see so many of us out to support each other:)
  • Celo24
    Celo24 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    37, married, with a 15-month-old son. Always looking to add to my support system and help/suuport others who need it!
  • mikeylikesit1177
    Options
    Married 33 and 3 boys. Anyone feel free to add me
  • HisPathDaily
    Options
    Love the response, how awesome! :)

BTW, if I had 6 glasses of wine I'd be on the floor! lol ... I'm a lightweight now! :) Drinker that is!
  • tiger87lilly
    tiger87lilly Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    39.... married 18 years, two boys 16 &12
  • aimlow
    aimlow Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    This sounds like a great group. I am happily married with a 7 and a year old. I am in my 30's and I am aiming to losr another 5kg (10 pound) before my tenth wedding anniversary in May.
  • Shannmfp11
    Shannmfp11 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I love the idea of this group! I am 35, married 4 years. No kids yet....we are trying though. Until that happens I am going to keep trying to get 40 lbs off! Oh we do have one dog and to us he is the baby for now!
  • HisPathDaily
    Options
    I was thinking of posting some "themes" for each day of the week ... that way we can share some similar info/struggles/victories/recipes etc ...

We can of course change any of these if they're not working but for instance one day is "current struggles" and another is "recipe exchange day" ... obviously we can post if we have questions or need support any day (that's what this is all about) but maybe some themes would be fun to keep some structure?

Sound ok? Sound fun? We could give the group a couple days to get settled and maybe start on Monday?
  • hollyb9871
    hollyb9871 Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a fun idea!
  • nehtaeh
    nehtaeh Posts: 2,977 Member
    Options
    Sounds good to me! :smile:

Oh, and I've been married for 5 years, together for 13.
  • LSmith2011
    Options
    I am 26 almost 27 and happily married for over 3 years and we have a almost 3 yr and a 9 month old! I know i am not over 30 but would love to be anyones friend!
  • HisPathDaily
    Options
    10 years this June (23rd) for me! :)
  • nomex
    nomex Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Love this idea!!! I am 38, 2 kids (5 and 3) and a wonderful hubby for 8 years!!!! I am sending some friend messages out in this group, feel free to freind me too!
  • elf618
    elf618 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Wow, sounds like there is some great support here. I'm 31 married 2.5 years, no kids. Would love to learn from all of you and make some new friends :)
  • HisPathDaily
    Options
    ~* ~* ~* SUNDAY QUESTION!!! =) *~ *~ *~

Just thought I'd throw a fun question out there to get us all talking a bit and even get to know another a bit more ...

Q: "When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up? What did you end up being when you grew up?!"

(Answer for me: A musician, specifically a guitar player. I even started off as a music major in College with my guitar and trombone but it didn't last, ended up in IT! ... working for Ford for about 13 years now with a short break between.)
  • jaybaileys
    Options
    Hey all, I'm 38, from Pittsburgh, married and have a 7 year old girl and 4 year old boy. My wife and I celebrated 10 years in Oct of 2010. Sounds like a great group.

I wanted to be a Professional Soccer Player. I grew up and became a pilot. I think I would have enjoyed soccer much more.