New "married 30 something" group anyone??

Options

Replies

• lizard9800
    lizard9800 Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    We met through a friend. I was moving to town and a mutual friend told both of us that we should get together and talk about our separate Peace Corps experiences. Because of the years we finished PC (1996 and 2002) I thought he was older and he thought I was younger (turns out we are less than 1 yr apart). I opened my door and we both mentally went "Hmmm!" We got married on the 6 yr anniversary of the day we met.
  • theTupper
    theTupper Posts: 27
    Options
    * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ *
    Thursday Question: How did you and your spouse meet?

Sat behind her in a class at college. The rest is history. :-)
  • scoops13
    scoops13 Posts: 31
    Options
    Great question and such fun stories. My husband and I actually met in college. I was a cheerleader and we were recruiting football players to cheer with us during basketball season. We cheered together for two years, and honestly didn't get along that well. We were pretty good friends, but he just drove me crazy, to be honest. Kind of one of those love-hate relationships lol. It wasn't until the end of the second year that I started liking him as more than a friend. Of course we were both dating other people and then I graduated. He stayed at school that summer and after we both broke up with the people we were dating we started hanging out. We started dating and it was only about 4 months before he proposed and we got married a little over a year after we started dating. We will have been married for 12 years this summer with three beautiful children. :)
  • scoops13
    scoops13 Posts: 31
    Options
    Btw I am new to MFP and would love some friendly support so feel free to add me! :)
  • spcopps
    spcopps Posts: 283
    Options
    I am a hired wife LOL. No really, I went and applied for a job and my husband hired me. He was my boss and we had to keep our relationship a secret. Noone knew we were even engaged until I quit working there so we could get married. That was 10 years ago and we have been happy ever since. DH loved to tell people he hired me. Even during my interview I though he was a cutie and obviously he felt the same. I got "interviewed" about 10 minutes than he started talking about his personal life instead. Good thing I needed a job an applied or I may still not be married.
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options
    We met in college. We were both in the (small and very intimate) Landscape Architecture program at University of KY. He was a year ahead of me but 4 years older b/c he was a slacker. :) We dated for about 2 years before we got engaged and married a year later on my 23rd birthday. We were married a little over 5 years and divorced and were apart a little over a year. We got back together a little over a year ago and got married last October, this time on his 34th birthday. We couldn't stay apart..... <3
  • Marceen
    Marceen Posts: 14
    Options

The man's side of the story, short and sweet! I think I need to tell Matt to reply to this answer BEFORE reading my version! LOL
  • kath711
    kath711 Posts: 712 Member
    Options

Blind date!
  • Cortez123
    Cortez123 Posts: 78 Member
    Options

When I met my husband, I was engaged to someone else...lol. My husband, Martin, and I worked together. We would double date (him with someone else and me with the fiance). And if we weren't double dating, we would always hang out with a group of friends from work. It's funny...Martin and I never went out alone as friends. We were always surrounded by other friends but somehow we would end up sitting next to each other and having very interesting and meaningful conversations. We seemed to have so much in common and became great friends. The relationship with the fiance obviously didn't work out. I made a career change and no longer worked with Martin but we kept in touch. We knew each other very well. At that point, we had been friends for 3 years. There were no secrets (so I thought). Martin was in a band and would often invite me to attend his performances. I never attended any of his performances until Martin expressed that this one performance was a special one. So the group of friends and I decided to attend and support our talented friend. When we showed up to see him perform, he was shocked and pleased to see us. He mentioned that he had written a song for me and couldn't wait for me to hear it. Surprised that he had written a song for me, my friends and I were curious to hear it. The last song he played was my song. He introduced me to the crowd as his best friend...and then said, "You're beautiful and I hope you like your song." The song was about how he loved his best friend (me...hehe...**swoon**) since the first moment he saw me...that he wanted to reveal his feelings for me but obsticles would prevent him from doing that. The song was lovely. But the song caught me by surprise and I didn't know how to react. I made a terrible mistake and left before talking to Martin and telling him how wonderful the song/my song was. Please understand that my husband (at that moment...at that time) was my very best friend. I wasn't sure if I should allow myself to think of him more than just a friend and possibly risking our friendship. We didn't speak for months after that incident....Then one day, he called. He asked me out on a date...no other friends were joining us...it was just us (me and him). So...we went out on our first date... and I'm crazy about him. :blushing: We've been married over 10 years and we have 3 wonderful and beautiful children. God has truly blessed me with the perfect man for me...:smile:
  • aimlow
    aimlow Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I met my husband at the gym.
    We would say hi and by and after a while he asked me out. I agreed and as I was not interested in a relationship I said I was interested in friendship only. We had a great night and lets say we didn't remain friends for very long. within a month we were dating and engaged a few months later.

As for holidays we love beach holidays, camping but also travelling anywhere in the world. We had done several 4 month holidays around the world and were lucky enough to take our kids to the USA for 3 months. We loved it and would love to go again.

caz
  • sbracken
    sbracken Posts: 79
    Options

In high school 16ish years ago. We knew each other throughout our high school careers, and dated briefly my senior year. I graduated and went away to college and we lost touch. Until just about a year ago.....when I finally decided to add him as a friend on Facebook. We did the msging back and forth for awhile to catch up with what our lives ended up turning into. He tried asking me out to dinner for about a month before I finally agreed to meet him for drinks at a local bar. A relationship was not what either of us was looking for, but from the moment I saw him again something in my gut just knew that I'd end up spending the rest of my life with him. We've been married now for 6 months and trying to start a family. We couldn't be happier!!!
  • jaybaileys
    jaybaileys Posts: 317
    Options
    I met her in college through a mutual friend. When she and her boyfriend broke up we started going out. That was 17 years ago.
  • HisPathDaily
    HisPathDaily Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    What a great question and just as fun answers to read! :)

Well, I think Marceen covered the story, but yes, she recruited me! And let me say the fringe benefits are great! lol =) We actually have all our original e-mails that went back and forth ... how fun to see how quickly they changed!!! :)
  • HisPathDaily
    Options
    After hiking, I started to put together the frequent "milk stops." That hiking first date was over 10 years ago now!

lol, love it ... we have our ways! :)
  • HisPathDaily
    Options
    I was his English teacher.

So, are you still trying to teach him? :) lol
  • HisPathDaily
    Options
    We met at work. And the way my husband tells it, when he first saw me he told his buddy "That's my future wife!"

When you know, you know! Awesome!
  • HisPathDaily
    Options

So was it a history class too?? ;)
  • HisPathDaily
    Options
    I got "interviewed" about 10 minutes than he started talking about his personal life instead.

Yeah, that would be a clue ;)
  • HisPathDaily
    Options
    We were married a little over 5 years and divorced and were apart a little over a year. We got back together a little over a year ago and got married last October, this time on his 34th birthday. We couldn't stay apart..... <3

I love seeing marriages come back together ... that's great! =)
  • jchrisman717
    jchrisman717 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    I would love to be part of this friends group. Even though I am a little older -- I am very young at heart and very active and my fiance is 34. We are wonderful together and getting married in Sept. I have already bought my wedding dress and really need some encouragement to get into it!

I have about 15 lbs to lose. I lost quite a bit of weight about 3 years ago on the Jay Robb Fat Burning Plan and it seems so easy to follow. Now, I'm having a bit of problem sticking to the program. I want to be fit and healthy, not just skinny so I would like to do a low carb and high protein program.