New "married 30 something" group anyone??

Options

Replies

• jesneverhome
    jesneverhome Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    ~* ~* ~* QUESTION OF THE DAY! *~ *~ *~

Q) Would an ideal vacation to you be more along the lines of Nightlife in The Big City, Combing The Beach, or a Cabin in the Mountains?

Normally I would say NIghtlife in the BIG city, but I am burned out from the past 10 days. I say the beach.
    I celebrated my birthday week from 2/21 through 2/27 and then celebrated my sisters bday from there up until last night. I am not 25 anymore and all that drinking has taken a toll. I gained some weight back and haven't logged anything. I ran 6 miles Sat but that doesnt even begin to help w/ all the damage that has been done.
    Today i start over. It's a new day. Another year older :sad: BUT ready to get back on track and get ready for my bikini and the river. It's right around the corner!
  • jesneverhome
    jesneverhome Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    crap, i just edited the quote instead of answering it...my bad!
  • MFBChilds
    Options
    I would love to join...married with 5 kids 32. I'm still new to myfitnesspal so any support is welcomed.
  • hollyb9871
    hollyb9871 Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    I like the beach, the warm sand the sound of the surf the smell of suntan lotion and delicious fresh shrimp! A cabin in the mountains would be nice as well, I do enjoy hiking. Currently I'm tired of the cold and the snow so a beach sounds more tempting.
  • Better_Balance_2011
    Better_Balance_2011 Posts: 3,711 Member
    Options

Q) Would an ideal vacation to you be more along the lines of Nightlife in The Big City, Combing The Beach, or a Cabin in the Mountains?

All three sound great to me too but vacation to me has always been the beach since I was a kid (summers spent in Hilton Head SC for years) so I would have to say The Beach. I could use some beach in my life right now.....
  • mlally1014
    mlally1014 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Hello, I am 34, married for 10 years and have 2 beautiful girls ages 6 and 8.
  • natasmi2
    natasmi2 Posts: 1
    Options
    I would love to have support on this weight loss journey. I am 29 years old with 3 children. My oldest is 10, my second child is 7 going to be 8 in December, and then my miracle baby as I was told I could not have anymore kids but Emma decided to grace me with her presence she is 2 going to be 3 in June.
  • Stefani74
    Stefani74 Posts: 448 Member
    Options

A beach or a cabin...either one would be FANTASTIC. City life is NOT for me!
  • hollyb9871
    hollyb9871 Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Better-Balance-We usually vacation on Fripp Island, SC about 40 min. past Beaufort roughly 1 1/2 hours drive to Hilton Head. We can see Hilton Head from Fripp Island it would pretty close if you could go over the water!
  • rachturner
    rachturner Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    35/ Married 16 years/ 3 boys ages 15,12, & 3 ....Would love to join the group!
  • nehtaeh
    nehtaeh Posts: 2,977 Member
    Options

Any and all of the above.
    I'll take a trip to Vegas anytime. The beach is always great - I really want an all inclusive to somewhere in the carribean. We went to a cabin in Gatlinburg last year for a family vacation that was awesome...I'd do that again. Really, I just like vacations!!
  • lizard9800
    lizard9800 Posts: 474 Member
    Options

I live in the mountains and have never been a big city girl. I would definitely go for the nice warm beach! But it would have to be in another country. Those are the only real vacations we take. We got married on the beach in Belize!
  • theTupper
    theTupper Posts: 27
    Options
    Married and 29. Do I count? lol
  • tyoung75
    tyoung75 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Hey guys... any tips for training for a 5k? It's my first ever. I'm still over weight but I'm determined to do this for a little girl I know that has cancer. Her parents are heading up the team. So I wanna make sure i do as well as possible :)
  • scoops13
    scoops13 Posts: 31
    Options
    Can I still join this group or is it closed now? Would love to join if possible. I'm new to MFP but have been working on losing weight for almost two months. I have lost 13 pounds so far. I'm 36, married for 11 years, and have three children (8, 7, and 3).

Thanks! :)

Michelle
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options

A beach with a big old boat drink. :drinker: But honestly, I get bored after a day or two.

I live at the foothills of the Pocono Mountains, and my family has a cabin near Lake Harmony that my grandfather built in the 1940s. It was my home away from home growing up, so it doesn't feel like a vacation.

Big City Nightlife isn't for me, either. Ideally, I'd do pub crawls in Scotland. See if I can't find any long lost relatives. Look for Nessie.
  • greeneyes12273
    Options
    I am 37 years old and have been married 18 years with a 10 year old son.

As for the question of the day....I have always been a camping kind of girl so a cabin in the mountains would be great....but I just saw the ocean for the first time in my life when we went to Hawaii last month....I think I could handle a nice beach again....especially since I live in Minnesota and it was -20 here when it was 80 above when we were there!
  • sbracken
    sbracken Posts: 79
    Options

A) Give me a beach anyday!!!!!! I think that's one of the big reason DH and I loved the cruise so much. It was like a beach all day and plenty of nightlife every night.

Welcome to all the newcomers!!! Jump on in with us.
  • AlissaPT
    AlissaPT Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Hey guys... any tips for training for a 5k? It's my first ever. I'm still over weight but I'm determined to do this for a little girl I know that has cancer. Her parents are heading up the team. So I wanna make sure i do as well as possible :)

go to www.c25k.com It's a plan to get you from the couch to running a 5k in 9 weeks.
  • AlissaPT
    AlissaPT Posts: 65 Member
    Options

go to www.c25k.com It's a plan to get you from the couch to running a 5k in 9 weeks.