Quotes that inspire you?

Options
13»

Replies

• areason4stars
    Options
    "Courage doesn’t always roar, sometimes courage is the quite voice at the end of the day saying I will try again tomorrow"
  • overthehillsandfaraway
    Options
    "It's not only what we do, but also what we do not do for which we are accountable."

"Art is an affirmation of life, a rebuttal of death."

"Yesterday is but a dream, tomorrow is but a vision. But today well lived makes every yesterday a dream of happiness and every tomorrow a vision of hope. Look well, therefore, to this day."

"There is more wisdom in your body than in your deepest philosophy."

"Courage--fear that has said it's prayers."

"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer."

"When you hate a person, you hate something in him that is part of yourself."

"If you want the truth, give up the lie."

"Truth, like surgery, may hurt, but it cures."

"Imagination is more important than knowledge." - Albert Einstein

"Kindness is more important than wisdom, and the recognition of this is the beginning of wisdom."

"Kind words can be short and easy to speak, but their echoes are truly endless."

"Laughter can be more satifying than honor; more precious than money; more heart-cleansing than prayer."

"If you must love your neighbor as yourself, it is at least as fair to love yourself as your neighbor."
  • CyclingDiva
    CyclingDiva Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    They may forget what you said or did- but they'll never forget how you made them feel!

I love quotes and put a new one on my chalkboard in the kitchen every week... everyone who comes over checks it out.

This week was a funny one:
    "you can get much further with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone" al Capone

I have a chalk board in my kids bathroom I write inspiring quotes on every week :smile:
    I'm trying to use subliminal messages to get them to think hahahhah! :laugh:

Some of my favorites.....

IF YOU WANT TO WIN A RACE~LIFE CHALLENGES~YOURSELF~ YOU HAVE TO GO A LITTLE BESERK!! ~ Got from a fortune cookie :happy:

BELIEVE! UNITY IS STRENGTH~KNOWLEDGE IS POWER AND ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING~LIVE STRONG! ~ Lance Armstrong
    bike.gif

SUCCESS IS A JOURNEY THAT IS NOT FOUND IN A DAY! ~ unknown

Kel~ :flowerforyou:
  • areason4stars
    Options

"When you hate a person, you hate something in him that is part of yourself."

Isnt that the truth!
  • jill927
    jill927 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control, and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.
    --M. Monroe

I want Jesus to come back and go THAT'S NOT WHAT I MEANT!
    -- Margaret Cho

Happiness depends upon ourselves.
    --Aristotle

Life is messy.
    --My Stepmom
  • kechiemc
    kechiemc Posts: 1,355 Member
    Options
    "Floss only the teeth you want to keep."

My dentist told me this. It is probably not his quote. I like this quote though b/c it can be applied to many other aspects of life.
  • spaul82478
    spaul82478 Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    "If you have no regrets you need to get out more" I have no idea who says this I love the saying I bought the plaque at Hallmark.
  • damselfly25
    Options
    "Despite everything, I believe that people are really good at heart."
    Anne Frank

Oldie but a goodie!
  • sebaseth
    sebaseth Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I heard this on the movie Kungfu Panda " The past is history, the future is a mystery, right now is a gift that is why they call it the present!" I just loved that when I heard it.
  • cjjones58
    cjjones58 Posts: 44
    Options
    Here are a few of my favorites:

A small house will hold as much happiness as a big one.

Happiness keeps You Sweet,
    Trials keep You Strong,
    Sorrows keep You Human,
    Failures keep You Humble,
    Success keeps You Glowing,
    But Only God keeps You Going!

If life did not have its little battles, there would be no victories.

Learn to speak kind words -- ...nobody... resents.. .them...

A true friend never gets in your way -- unless you are on you way down

My life is my own. My future is my own. My destiny is my own. No one else can change these things for me, I must make the effort to change them for myself.
  • LadyZen
    LadyZen Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    "No one cares how much you know until they know how much you care." (I don't remember who said that...sorry:smile: )

"People treat you they way you let them treat you." Oprah Winfrey
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,081 Member
    Options
    The way to break a bad habit is to drop it.