Replies

• SHERRIE134
    SHERRIE134 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    bump
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    I made these tonight, and used 5 tbsp of PB2 to cut down on fat and calories, and also used Hershey's Light syrup. They made about 15 peanut butter cups. I haven't tried them yet, they're still freezing. But the nutrition info worked out as follows:

Per cup:
    Calories 44
    Fat 0 (fat in PB2 comes out to 4 g, which is negligible when split between 15 cups)
    Carbs 7
    Protein 1
    Sodium 29
    Sugar 4
  • PegasusDeb
    PegasusDeb Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Yummy!! Gotta try those, but I will have to keep them under lock & key to not eat the whole batch! Must... Have... Willpower...! :huh:
  • TerraLee13
    TerraLee13 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    bump
  • harmonymusictchr
    Options
    I made these this weekend and they are DELICIOUS!!! Thank you for sharing the recipe with us!!
  • joybell32
    joybell32 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    OMG!!! I think i love you!!!
  • polar5554
    polar5554 Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    You're WELCOME!!!

I never in a million years thought this thread would be soooo long!! :)
  • Kimber2336
    Kimber2336 Posts: 131
    Options
    I made these last week and, to be honest, the thing I love the most about them is that they are so rich from the peanut butter I can't eat more than one at a time.... saves even more calories from "over-indulging" :smile:
  • Mkmassey3
    Mkmassey3 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I can not wait to try these! I'm glad they have been bumped, I may not have seen them :tongue: Going to the store right now.
  • Mkmassey3
    Options
    I just made them, they are in the freezer, and I am trying to be patient...it's not my best virtue....I had chocolate cool whip in my deep freeze, but it expired in '09...not sure how I managed to let that happen. So I made them with lite cool whip and low fat Jif and sugar free Hershey's syrup, I think they would have been amazing with the chocolate cool whip.....next time.
  • Jennie937
    Options
    I made these tonight, and used 5 tbsp of PB2 to cut down on fat and calories, and also used Hershey's Light syrup. They made about 15 peanut butter cups. I haven't tried them yet, they're still freezing. But the nutrition info worked out as follows:

Per cup:
    Calories 44
    Fat 0 (fat in PB2 comes out to 4 g, which is negligible when split between 15 cups)
    Carbs 7
    Protein 1
    Sodium 29
    Sugar 4

Any comments on how they turned out with the PB2? I hate to use it if it won't turn out well.
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    How many Carbs?
  • polar5554
    polar5554 Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    I just made them, they are in the freezer, and I am trying to be patient...it's not my best virtue....I had chocolate cool whip in my deep freeze, but it expired in '09...not sure how I managed to let that happen. So I made them with lite cool whip and low fat Jif and sugar free Hershey's syrup, I think they would have been amazing with the chocolate cool whip.....next time.

I hate to disappoint you, but just so u know, you aren't going to get the same result using the light cool whip. You should be using fat free.

There is something about the water content in the light version that doesn't let it freeze properly. You will get kinda of a frosty version as opposed to a creamy version with the fat free.

Oh well. Maybe next time!!
  • Mkmassey3
    Options

I hate to disappoint you, but just so u know, you aren't going to get the same result using the light cool whip. You should be using fat free.

There is something about the water content in the light version that doesn't let it freeze properly. You will get kinda :tongue:

:sad: Yeah, I decided to look for a little more nutritional info and saw the post about the fat free/Lite version and well, that's what I get for not reading ahead first. The good news is that they are pretty cheap to make, so I will feed those to the kids and make a new batch for me :devil: Thanks again for this, I ate some of the pb/cool whip mixture straight out of the bowl and thought I had died and went to Heaven
  • DawnMarie1970
    DawnMarie1970 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • Nikkerz620
    Nikkerz620 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • surv8r
    surv8r Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    All together now....BUMP
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options

Per cup:
    Calories 44
    Carbs 7
    Protein 1
    Sodium 29
    Sugar 4

Any comments on how they turned out with the PB2? I hate to use it if it won't turn out well.

I liked it with the PB2! I had to use a bit more than the original poster suggested, it didn't taste very peanut buttery. SO I added more, and it came out pretty well! I mixed the PB2 with water first, instead of adding it in the powdered form to the cool whip.
  • jonisalie
    jonisalie Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • CricketKate
    CricketKate Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing!