Frozen Peanut Butter Cups

Options

Replies

• ChelleBelle1
    ChelleBelle1 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Yummy! Thanks for posting in time for Valentine's Day!!
  • hollyshobbies
    Options
    thank you!!!!! i absolutely love peanut butter cups, i ate one of the egg ones last night for easter and read the label afterwards 170 calories!!!!
  • astovey
    astovey Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    My mouth is watering...
  • polar5554
    polar5554 Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Sorry about the confusion regarding the cool whip...Yeah, trust me, they shouldn't taste "fine", they should taste delicious!!  It's because of the Light used for sure.  For some reason, the water content in the light as opposed to the fat free causes it to not freeze properly and thus gives it a different consistency.

The Fat Free results in a creamy texture.  I've made it with the Light before and you get almost kinda like a frozen texture..hard to explain, but definitely no where near as good as the fat free version.

What I do is I mix the peanut butter and the cool whip in a bowl with  a hand mixer for about a minute...Keeping in mind that the longer that you mix it the more the cool whip deflates and you don't yield as many cups.  I basically just mix it long enough for the peanut butter to get completely mixed in.  

Then I have a muffin pan prepared with the "mini" foil tin inserts and then what I have found to be the perfect way to get even sized cups is I use one of those Pampered Chef (or whatever brand) cookie scoops.  I scoop up some of the mixture and level it off on the side of the bowl and just drop them in each foil insert until they I have 12 complete cups.  Sometimes there is a little leftover mixture left for the cook too :)

As far as the chocolate swirl...I just kinda swirl the chocolate syrup on top.  Another way to do it that also works good is to squeeze a drop of the syrup in the middle of the cup and take a toothpick and swirl it around.  It gives it a cool look. Then off to the freezer they go!

Sorry this was long, but that's exactly how I do it and they are AWESOME!!  I literally make them weekly!

Hope this helps!
  • molissep
    molissep Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • awyler
    awyler Posts: 78
    Options
    sounds delicious!
  • tpycha126
    tpycha126 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Sounds delicious!
  • dawnkitchen
    Options
    bump
  • umduh1
    umduh1 Posts: 11
    Options
    BUMP!!!
  • bbygrl5
    bbygrl5 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    You deserve sainthood for this post! ...seriously! I ran across this a day or two ago and tried it today... heavenly! You really can't beat the calorie count either!

Thank you so much!!
  • SavannaN
    SavannaN Posts: 148
    Options
    bump
  • rdy2begin
    Options
    yummy thank you !!! :)
  • astovey
    Options
    They are in the freezer now. I also added a banana in them because it was getting ripe. Can't wait!
  • 1ofthegang
    1ofthegang Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    BUMPPPPPPPP
  • cdl8
    cdl8 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Sounds delicous!! BUMP!!:love:
  • Jems916
    Jems916 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    oh my god those sound delicious!
  • astovey
    Options
    omg just had one and it tastes like chunky monkey ice cream....(note: I added banana)
    <3 it!
  • paulettebe
    paulettebe Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I have them in the freezer now. I licked the spoon after mixing, it was delicious! Can not wait to eat them.
  • Rnjennmcc
    Options
    Yummmmm
  • stanner8
    Options
    JT... we need to try these.... :love: