I GIVE UP!!! – Should You?

Options

Replies

• sarahliftsUP
    sarahliftsUP Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! It really goes to show the important of food and exercise. I don't want to be on autopilot when I'm exercising, you should feel alive and strong! I'm working my way to giving up too.
  • saimabhaidani
    saimabhaidani Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    :noway:
  • cardigirl
    cardigirl Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    Awesome post! Thanks for the reminder of why working towards healthy is the best choice.

:flowerforyou:
  • Tobi1013
    Tobi1013 Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    Wow!! What a great post and what AMAZING results!! Thanks so very much for sharing your thoughts (and that fantabulous last picture!).
  • MommyRobot
    MommyRobot Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    YUM-You look INCREDIBLE!!!!

Thank you for the excellent post and encouraging words!!
  • WifeMomDVM
    WifeMomDVM Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    Saving this for later! Thanks for the great motivational info. I'd really like to see what you eat, consider making your diary public??? :)
  • corsayre8
    corsayre8 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Is it bad form to lick your iPhone?

You are hot!
  • madijo41
    madijo41 Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Great post...important message...fabulous bod
  • fisherpeterj
    Options
    This was a well written post. I believe that too many people focus on that number on the scale as well. Therefore, not paying enough attention to what they see in the mirror. If you can love what you see in the mirror then the number doesn't count. I would say that there is one important number though and thay would be body fat percentage. Other than that eat clean and healthy, work hard, and love you for you! Congrats on all of your success!
    123456654321 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    Congrats Mr. Grunt! lol..your username makes me think of this guy: http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb310/harrybairey/Mass Effect/9d2bc17fd0d50acb305a60a458a52819b9bbdcdc.gif haha.... Anyhow, it sounds like you've had quite the journey. I'm happy you have found a place where you are happy and comfortable now. I think I might be in a similar place you were back at your "skinny days". I eat healthy and count my calories, but I think I could seriously benefit from being less concerned about calories and more into fitness. Thanks for the inspiration:)

*edited...I guess no html links here?
  • thedeegan4
    thedeegan4 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Congrats! You look amazing! And, I love your post!
  • _Bro
    _Bro Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Some of the comments are making me blush :)
    It feels good to have the positive comments but I also really wanted to share my experience..

One other thought and I think it's been said above. Calorie counting can be a trap as well.. If I had used MFP when I first started, I would have been tempted to be too radical with my diet thru an over deficiency in calories. I think MFPs default plan is pretty good as long as you use it as a guide.

I will change my diary over to public - please be aware that I am doing a little experiment with cycling my calories, carbs, protein and fat. I haven't done this long enough to make any recommendations..

As far as the username, right before signing up for MFP I had someone in my gym advise me that I was lifting too much weight / straining to hard (perhaps I was being to noisy?). I guess I could have become upset because the " advisor " was really out of shape and not trying hard enough at their exercise (in my opinion)... Instead of bring grumpy, I thanked them, kept the same weight/effort/intensity/noise?? but really focused on my form.. So I thought the username was fitting/funny

Also this experience relates back to MFP, you get plenty of free advise sometimes unwarranted and occasionally rude. Don't let it bother you.. Read, decide for yourself and change/improve or perhaps / ignore / move on :)

Good luck everyone !
  • kaits108
    kaits108 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    great post and advice! thanks for sharing your story, awesome job! :)
  • HawkeyeGuy
    Options
    It's good to hear sane and rational explanations of "how to get there". Thanks for being part of the hard work, and common-sense approach team!

Re-read his post people...alot to learn! It's slow, and steady...it's not about perfect...it's about the long haul...diets don't work...being smart does...falling off the wagon isn't bad (I, too, do it regularly - on purpose!)...it's not easy...but it's worth it! Now go work out!
  • kinserd
    Options
    What is the timeline between pics 1 and 3 (id you don't mind me asking)?
  • MissFDavis
    Options
    Awesome job! I enjoyed reading this post as well as your responses to everyone. Your advice is excellent & I'm actually keeping some of what you said in mind. You have in a small way, helped me out!
  • _Bro
    Options
    What is the timeline between pics 1 and 3 (id you don't mind me asking)?

Pic 1: 6/28/09 - I was heavy for some time after this as well..
    Pic 2: 4/24/10 - This was my leanest point. I thought that I had suceeded.
    The weight came back pretty rapidly even though I only slightly eased my diet.

I put weight back on - no pictures.

Pic 3: 2/10/11
    Actually, I weight roughly the same in pic 2 & 3

I really feel like I WASTED TIME and effort on a poor plan that focused on diet alone instead of nutrition and exercise.
    Carbohydrates are not EVIL -- in fact they are quite yummy and good for you... Just need to eat the right ones and combine with a lean protein...
  • _Bro
    Options
    Awesome job! I enjoyed reading this post as well as your responses to everyone. Your advice is excellent & I'm actually keeping some of what you said in mind. You have in a small way, helped me out!

Thank you!

I really appreciate you taking the time to let me know that..
    Good luck -- you can do it!
  • cardigirl
    cardigirl Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • honeyrabbit
    Options
    WOW!!!!
    What an utterly amazing transformation, which in itself is incredibly inspiring and motivational.......but coupled with your advice and extremely eloquent account of your experience....well, i'm kind of lost for words!!

Thanks for sharing your story!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!