Options
    I give a damn.:flowerforyou:
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    :heart:
  • harmonykay
    Options
    I had a bad day too. I had plans and I got called into work. Things will get better, just what ever it is try to put it out of your mind. Good Luck:bigsmile:
  • dawnslaughter
    Options
    on here we are all in it together. like the muskateers All for One and One for all
  • isislc
    isislc Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Life sucks but you brush yourself off and keep on moving. No sense in giving the ones that did you wrong the satisfaction. Hope things get better. Take care, we're here for you! :drinker:
  • Texsox
    Texsox Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    How many people caring does it take to really make a difference in someone's life? Most of us will pass dozens or thousands of other people today. If half care would that be wonderful? Yes. But not realistic. In the end, one person caring makes all the difference. Out of those thousands, one person truly caring, not just posting something to a message board, makes the difference.

My suggestion? Instead of worrying about who cares about you, go find a stranger and care about them for a moment today. Ask someone how their day is going and really care about their answer. Go write a check to a charity you admire and trust. better yet give your time and talents, not just your treasure.

Peace. And I care about you, whatever your real name is :happy:
  • jansus
    jansus Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    "What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well." - Antione de Saint Exupery

Hope today is better
  • Still_Sossy
    Still_Sossy Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for your love and support. I don't think of you as my weight loss friends, but as my real friends. We may never meet, but now I feel more loved than I have in a while. None of you gave up on me so I won't give up on you.

You are welcome darlin. Whatever you do not give up on YOU, but not giving up on us is much appreciated. You take care.
  • MSDRIZZ
    MSDRIZZ Posts: 246
    Options
    I give a damn, and I luv everybody who responded! Thats why I love this site, everybody is so supportive. :happy:
  • iamhealingmyself
    iamhealingmyself Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    Texsox said "
    How many people caring does it take to really make a difference in someone's life? Most of us will pass dozens or thousands of other people today. If half care would that be wonderful? Yes. But not realistic. In the end, one person caring makes all the difference. Out of those thousands, one person truly caring, not just posting something to a message board, makes the difference.

My suggestion? Instead of worrying about who cares about you, go find a stranger and care about them for a moment today. Ask someone how their day is going and really care about their answer. Go write a check to a charity you admire and trust. better yet give your time and talents, not just your treasure.

This is exactly what all of us who don't know this original poster did. We took a moment out of OUR lives to help another no matter what WE were going through. Or maybe we have the experience of being alone, no family or friends to help us when we're down so we made sure that THIS person, didn't have to go it alone.

Many of us may never cross paths but for the global superhighway that is the internet. And what we don't know is how many of us may have sent him a private message to really get to know him or those who know him to lend an ear or shoulder. It's the thought that counts and we all stopped to think about this person, if only for one moment. How many of us came back to see if he updated us on how things were going? Most I'm sure.

So yeah, while this might not be the most personal or intimate way to know someone, don't make it seem less than it is. I do understand your thoughts of having him step outside of himself to help another too but to me your post came across a bit as if we really don't care or that our caring really doesn't matter. If it really doesn't matter, why did you stop to post at all?

Maybe it's just a dose of tough love you gave him, but I haven't eaten yet so I'm a little testy right now. Forgive me if I've misinterpreted your motives behind this method of communication.
  • novatri
    novatri Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Texsox said "

This is exactly what all of us who don't know this original poster did. We took a moment out of OUR lives to help another no matter what WE were going through. Or maybe we have the experience of being alone, no family or friends to help us when we're down so we made sure that THIS person, didn't have to go it alone.

Many of us may never cross paths but for the global superhighway that is the internet. And what we don't know is how many of us may have sent him a private message to really get to know him or those who know him to lend an ear or shoulder. It's the thought that counts and we all stopped to think about this person, if only for one moment. How many of us came back to see if he updated us on how things were going? Most I'm sure.

So yeah, while this might not be the most personal or intimate way to know someone, don't make it seem less than it is. I do understand your thoughts of having him step outside of himself to help another too but to me your post came across a bit as if we really don't care or that our caring really doesn't matter. If it really doesn't matter, why did you stop to post at all?

Maybe it's just a dose of tough love you gave him, but I haven't eaten yet so I'm a little testy right now. Forgive me if I've misinterpreted your motives behind this method of communication.

Thank you very much for what you said. It really means a lot to me. Sometimes we don't have a physical shoulders to lean on. But as long as there are people like you I know I'll be able to make it through the bad days and not just the good.
  • Aphonsity
    Options
    There are days when people can be so cruel, and nothing seems right.... When every little thing is out of whack. I have loved coming to this site and reading these posts and kind, supportive responses. But I have never posted or responded before .... I hope that helps to show that even though I don't know you, I too give a whole lot of damn. it can get really really hard, but you did a smart thing by reaching out to the wonderful people here. Keep us updated on how you're doing. I'll keep my eyes out for your posts and feel free to add me. I can try to help pull you out and up, if you need to vent or talk or rant. Don't give up dude.
  • aeevr
    aeevr Posts: 34
    Options
    I'm so with you. Really ugly fight with the BF today and I'm up writing a talk for a totally pointless meeting tomorrow in the middle of the night.

You just gotta believe tomorrow's gonna be better.
  • iamhealingmyself
    iamhealingmyself Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    You just gotta believe tomorrow's gonna be better.

We have to remember to put out into the universe the positive things we wish to get back. If we beat ourselves up and think we deserve what life is throwing our way, it's all we'll continue to get. I know it's easier said than done but you have to keep faith that above all believing in yourself (especially when no one else seems to) will turn your life around.

When we're down and out it's so easy to replay all those old messages we've received from others - you'll never amount to much, couldn't you try harder, what's the big deal just say no, this is too hard it's easier just to give up, and so on... if we give in, we give up. You're only a failure at life if you don't try. Every effort is a step in the right direction and sometimes we will be pulled back but maybe that's so we can make another choice - a better choice - to take us further than the first did our could.