Replies

• kksn
    kksn Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    I finally finished Atlas Shrugged. That's one long book but very well worth the read.
    Now I'm reading Riven by Jerry Jenkins (one of my favorite authors).
    Also reading the Bible.
  • runningneo122
    runningneo122 Posts: 6,962 Member
    Options
    King James Bible
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    I just finished a book by Lilith Saintcrow called "Night Shift," which was really good, if you like action and paranormal. Which I do. Right now I am reading Jodi Picoult's "Keeping Faith." Also reading Luther's Small Catechism (With Explanation) for a class at church. I have no idea what's next -- probably some Steven Saylor. I read "Roma" a while back and it was good, so I'll probably get the sequel. I have varied tastes. I don't read romance or crime drama, but otherwise anything's fair game. I'd like to go back and read Milton's "Paradise Lost" again this year, but we'll see.
  • reepobob
    reepobob Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    Love the thread...nice change of pace...

I am currently reading Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time series. I am on Book Seven (of 14) and each averages over 1000 pages. Epic fantasy at it's greatest, but something you definitely have to commit to (sorta like getting in shape).

I also love the Harry Potter series (read about 4 times) and Stephen King's Dark Tower series (read 6+ times) and anything Stephen King.

Also like Dan Brown, Jeff Lindsay (wrote the Dexter books...inspiration for the series), Tolkien, Thomas Harris, John Grisham, David Eddings, and Terry Brooks.

I travel a lot, so most of my reading is of the audio book variety...I like to be a muti-tasker.
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    King James Bible

Absolutely. :smile:
  • strandedeyes
    strandedeyes Posts: 392 Member
    Options

I am currently reading Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time series. I am on Book Seven (of 14) and each averages over 1000 pages. Epic fantasy at it's greatest, but something you definitely have to commit to (sorta like getting in shape).

I also love the Harry Potter series (read about 4 times) and Stephen King's Dark Tower series (read 6+ times) and anything Stephen King.

Also like Dan Brown, Jeff Lindsay (wrote the Dexter books...inspiration for the series), Tolkien, Thomas Harris, John Grisham, David Eddings, and Terry Brooks.

I travel a lot, so most of my reading is of the audio book variety...I like to be a muti-tasker.

Audio books work just as well for those of us on the go. Of the Grisham books, which one is your fav?
  • samrockrocks
    samrockrocks Posts: 251 Member
    Options

I am on Book FIVE of the Wheel of Time Series!! It's SUCH a great series. I hate how Jordan reminds you at the start of EVERY book who all the characters are. I KNOW WHO THEY ARE!

I also LOVE Harry Potter. I have no idea how anyone could NOT love it!

I've read ALL of Dan Brown's books. The Lost Symbol was NOT my favorite. Actually, probably my least. Angels and Demons is the best so far, in my opinion.

I have Jeff Lindsay's entire series thus far, too. I haven't read it yet, but I've seen every Dexter episode. I'm really excited to start reading them!

I re-read Tolkien's Lord of the Rings triology (plus The Hobbit) every year. It never gets old! I don't much for his other writings though.