confession...

Options

Replies

• suziehomemaker
    Options
    ugh ok here goes..........im about to go out for v-day dinner, (havent gone out in prob a year)....im going to TRY and be very good about my choices (they are already entered into my cals for the day)...so lets see how i do.......*nail biting*
  • sparklesammy
    sparklesammy Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    @sparklesammy: heehee heehee.

You have lost 129lbs??!!??!! You are a Rock Star, babe! Keep at it!

I have...however...(heres another confession) my year got off to a bumpy start. christmas was bad! well it was good...but it was bad! I had lost 131lbs on Christmas eve... i'm hopefully going to catch up with myself when i next weigh in!
  • sparklesammy
    sparklesammy Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I confess that if i start a topic and it doesn't get to at least page 2....I feel like I have failed. : (
  • Mrs_McFadden
    Options
    I confess that if i start a topic and it doesn't get to at least page 2....I feel like I have failed. : (

That's a normal feeling for forum denizens..here's your bump lol.
  • acknan
    acknan Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    One slice of pizza? Wow! I've never done that!

Without our indulgences we might become miserable and grumpy and I don't care how skinny I am, I don't want to be a total jerk at all times! :)
  • charityateet
    charityateet Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    I confess..........

I am being totally ocd over this whole thing! Since I joined on the 14th of Jan - I have lost 9 lbs. I feel good - I'm doing kettlebell 3 days a week and running 3-4 days. I quit drinking alcohol Monday - Thursday and usually don't drink on Sunday but might have a couple (trust me, all last year I drank every night - not to get drunk really, just a super bad habit).......I'm doing great, right??? Except I can't quit thinking about food, working out, mfp, weighing in, it has taken over my life! I need to slow down, I need to just get it through my head that it didn't come on overnight, it certainly won't go away in a day or 2.

There I feel better. Now I"m turning off the computer. Ya, right - lol, the apps on my phone too. :laugh:
  • Karleyyy
    Karleyyy Posts: 857
    Options
    Confession.... I haven't been eating very well lately. I either go to places where there isn't great food (daughter's Grandmother's house) or we just don't have good food in the house. Either way, I have been eating not so great, and I am not proud of it! I go over half the time these past few weeks, yet still I lose over a pound a week. I somehow am not proud of my weight loss! I never used to believe in stress eating but I do now.
  • jlorton82
    Options
    My confession: 3 slices (big ones) of cheese and pepperoni pizza the day after having Chinese Buffet and trust me, I didnt go easy on the buffet. I am still water logged from all the added sodium. Then I had an unplanned cheat day and we had HUGE burgers and onion rings with bbq sauce. To make it all worse, I came down with the flu the same week and havent worked out much at all. :-/ Ill be paying for it and feel totally guilty but it feels good to get it off my chest!
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    my confession,will probobly make some people mad.....im not doing this as much for the health as I am to look good in my clothes again.Im vain I can admit,the health is just an added bounus
  • Mrs_McFadden
    Options
    my confession,will probobly make some people mad.....im not doing this as much for the health as I am to look good in my clothes again.Im vain I can admit,the health is just an added bounus

It shouldn't make anyone angry lol....most people DO care about how they look and if they didn't wouldn't have near the amount of motivation they needed to change.
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options

It shouldn't make anyone angry lol....most people DO care about how they look and if they didn't wouldn't have near the amount of motivation they needed to change.

well the good part is I like the way I eat now.i dont really miss soda or fast food so i dont have to worry about slipping back into my old eating habits
  • TBirdGirl
    TBirdGirl Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I ate 2 red velvet cupcakes last Tuesday night... No excuses but allowed myself to do it by justifying it saying it'd been a long & crappy night and maybe I was just PMSing. Had a hard time finishing the last one but did it anyways. So went over calories that day didn't even attempt to work out that night to make up for any of the extra calories that day. Instead I just left myself feeling like crud and no better off than if I hadn't eaten those darn cupcakes.

Blah!
  • Giovanni_P
    Options
    I drank about 1/2 cup of vanilla shake last Thursday, and didnt log it in my food diary.
    So ashamed of myself. :(
  • TBirdGirl
    TBirdGirl Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I ate my first slice of pizza for the first time this year last night . It was a thin slice of cheese and it was amazing. I forgot how good pizza tasted. I went to the local pizzaria, ordered 1 slice to go and took it home. I used to put down a 16" no problem. I have no regrets about last night and I feel great! I was still under my calorie goal for the day which was a good thing.

I don't think I could ever eat just one slice of pizza : D

I found a way to do it. We are a busy family with 4 kids and sometimes the Little Caesar's Hot & Ready are the only quick way to get my family fed for the night. But to keep myself from overindulging on the pizza I ate fruits and veggies that I had around the house first. Then by the time I ate the pizza, I only ate 1 slice and was more than full for the night. I try to do this anytime pizza or other similar options happen here in my house.
  • cmw72
    cmw72 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    I ate an immense amount of Mexican restaurant food the last three Friday's in a row. Last Friday, I ate so much I thought I was going to burst. The only thing that has kept me from ballooning up is the killer workouts i put in on Saturday mornings.

This weekend, I was mostly good though, and skipped the Mexican food. Still had a little too much home cooked pasta though.

Friday's are hard for me, because it's my rest night from the gym, and all that free time makes me want to eat!
  • BryanAir
    BryanAir Posts: 434
    Options
    I am procrastinating!

(i should be reading the general persecutions in Eusebius of caeserea's church history books 8 and 9....I have an essay due monday...eek)

This is kind of random, but I want to throw it out there because it helped me in my studies. When writing a really long paper over many days, always stop in the middle of a paragraph or thought when finishing for the day. That way when you are ready to pick up where you left off you will be ready to go and must less likely to procrastinate. I learned that from Hemingway.
  • Conwh
    Conwh Posts: 1
    Options
    Good for you. My sad food is always some sort of chips.
  • Karleyyy
    Karleyyy Posts: 857
    Options

Same. Like I know I should care about my health, but I have a hard time sometimes. I do eat vegetables and everything, but it is more about being thin.
  • samrockrocks
    samrockrocks Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    confession..

i literally JUST ate half of a sausage pizza before reading this.

last night i drank for the first time this year.. only 4 beers but it was like 440 calories!

going out again tonight.. but come tomorrow it's back on track!
  • littlemoron
    littlemoron Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I'm about to have my third beer of the evening. Happens every damn weekend :drinker: