confession...

Options

Replies

• MobiusMan
    MobiusMan Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    I have a slight, very slight, counting OCD in my normal life. Kind of like Rainman, I can tell you pretty much how many steps it is from anywhere in my house to my car in the driveway. I can tell you how many steps from my car to my desk at work, or my locker or...you get the idea. Fortunately it's not the "crazy" kind of OCD it only enters the head when I am alone and walking. On the odd side though...I count in 4's like a 4 count body building exercise1,2,3,1...1,2,3,2 etc and some how my noggin keeps tabs and adds it all up and the number just come...quickly 52x4 is what?...that's right 208. But whenever I get to 400 it starts back at 1...it's confusing to me too.

However, my natural tendency (or un-natural depending on your point of view) to count also makes it a bit of an obsession to input every stinking calorie. I have tried to NOT log. The other night I had to leave a restaurant to go to my car to get my Android before I could order...Ya, thank God my wife has known about my "idiosyncrasies" since we were 15.

And since were here...I don't mix foods on my plate and actually need a separate plate for anything that was boiled and might make other stuff runny. I think it comes from corn or peas in water on a plate next to hot dog bun making the bun soggy, dunno but now I just get a small bowl for those things. On night when I have several veggies in a meal it's usually the main plate, a bowl for carrots, a bowl for spinach, a bowl for applesauce.... However, I intentionally mix mashed potatoes and corn if served together...go figure.

By the way it's 517 steps from my car to my desk in case you're lost and need to find my desk.on normal dry ground. It can be a bit longer in snow or blustery days.
  • CalorieNinja
    CalorieNinja Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    I drank my calories tonight... and it felt good
  • Trish0517
    Options
    Well tomarrow Im making my husband fave meal cornish game hens with stuffing inside, garlic red potatoes, steamed sweet corn and biscuts. Also for dessert we are having his bday cake hahaha so i may gain a pound or 2. Valentines Day he will be working so who knows what I will eat then lol :tongue:
  • sparklesammy
    sparklesammy Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I'm not weighing in tomorrow.

I'm going out for dinner tonight for a valentines meal tonight and i don't know where i'm going...I do know it will enevitably involve dessert.

So i'm not wieghing in becasue I can't stand to see the scale go up again (its been zig zagging since the start of this year.

I'll weigh in next monday morning, after an early dinner the night before and a hardcore gym session...
  • liveskinny
    Options
    i confess that eerytime i maintain my weight for more than three days without a loss (i know that's absolutely ridiculous), i get really upset & binge for 1-3 days gaining anywhere from 2-4lbs...then i starve (under 600 cals a day) for about a week & i usually end up about 2-3lbs lower than the weight i was upset about maintaining. i know it's ridiculus & unhealthy, but it's how i've lost the last 40lbs & now i'm afraid i'm not going to be able to stop ):
  • sparklesammy
    Options
    I'm not trying hard enough
  • ouryear002
    ouryear002 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I confess that when I have a good weigh-in I am more likely to overeat that day. Self-sabotage much?!?!:grumble:

And Mobius- I count to 8 when I walk or do anything with beat. No idea why.
  • scagneti
    scagneti Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    I confess that while out shopping yesterday afternoon, hubby and I each had an A&W Papa Burger (they were 2 for $6) with mayo and while I was going to only eat half of the bun, I ate the whole thing, It was between lunch and dinner, so technically it was a snack, but I couldn't bring myself to list a 600 calorie "snack" so I called it dinner, even though dinner was 4 hours later.

It was so good though!
  • MFPfriend
    MFPfriend Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    And since were here...I don't mix foods on my plate and actually need a separate plate for anything that was boiled and might make other stuff runny. I think it comes from corn or peas in water on a plate next to hot dog bun making the bun soggy, dunno but now I just get a small bowl for those things. On night when I have several veggies in a meal it's usually the main plate, a bowl for carrots, a bowl for spinach, a bowl for applesauce.... However, I intentionally mix mashed potatoes and corn if served together...go figure.

Right here right here! I do the same thing. I hate when foods touch other foods. It bothers me when people serve food for you, and just lump everything practically on top of each other. And then I can't eat the parts of the food that touch together.
    But mashed potatoes and corn- they're always mixed together, haha. :D
  • sparklesammy
    Options
    hiding in the computer lab at uni because I don't really want to talk to real people today. lol!
  • sparklesammy
    Options
    6 twirls.
  • phinners
    phinners Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    I'll be back to confess tonight when I can no longer cope with just looking at that Cadbury's Creme egg sitting on the side. The bast4rd keeps winking at me and begging me to lick it's yummy sweet gunk out of the middle. But I tell him to get knotted cos he's just trying to trick me. And then I'll feel gutted when I look at the calorie content.

This has been going on all bloody week.
  • dilemmadale86
    Options
    I say I'm doing this for me, but there will always be this tiny thought at the back of my mind that goes: 'maybe he'll love me when I'm thin...'

Emxx
  • sparklesammy
    Options
    I say I'm doing this for me, but there will always be this tiny thought at the back of my mind that goes: 'maybe he'll love me when I'm thin...'

Emxx

those pesky voices....the same voices might make you question "does he only love me because I'm thin now?"

Real love - which is what you deserve (because you are a princess!!) is not attached to conditions or a tick list. xx

xx
  • dunztar
    Options
    The other day I ate about 4-5 pizza hut pizzas at a work meeting. Kinda hated myself that day after that... to make things worst I didn't log it in.. but then I worked out and burned about 500-600 calories
  • Mrs_McFadden
    Options
    Ok here goes.
    I am on vacation and I haven't logged my food one single time. There isn't a scale where I am..there are no nutritional facts/info as far as I could discern. So as far as I can tell I'm just flying by the seat of my pants. Who knows!
    Oh and tonight I'm going to have a beer ..or two.
    I have much much more to confess but these are my food related transgressions :)
  • BryanAir
    BryanAir Posts: 434
    Options
    I ate more cheese in the last two days than I have in the last two months combined. Although most of it was in cottage form, so no damage done.
  • khrys1
    khrys1 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I have to confess that I'm kind of glad that I have my first cold of the year, which makes me have a craving for NOTHING- passed up almost all of the goodies at my husband's birthday party on Friday, and today at lunch after church, just had steamed veggies and applesauce, rather than the fried chicken and fries I'd normally have. Hope I feel better soon, but am NOT missing the "naughty" food!
  • JennLifts
    JennLifts Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    I have a slight, very slight, counting OCD in my normal life. Kind of like Rainman, I can tell you pretty much how many steps it is from anywhere in my house to my car in the driveway. I can tell you how many steps from my car to my desk at work, or my locker or...you get the idea. Fortunately it's not the "crazy" kind of OCD it only enters the head when I am alone and walking. On the odd side though...I count in 4's like a 4 count body building exercise1,2,3,1...1,2,3,2 etc and some how my noggin keeps tabs and adds it all up and the number just come...quickly 52x4 is what?...that's right 208. But whenever I get to 400 it starts back at 1...it's confusing to me too.

However, my natural tendency (or un-natural depending on your point of view) to count also makes it a bit of an obsession to input every stinking calorie. I have tried to NOT log. The other night I had to leave a restaurant to go to my car to get my Android before I could order...Ya, thank God my wife has known about my "idiosyncrasies" since we were 15.

By the way it's 517 steps from my car to my desk in case you're lost and need to find my desk.on normal dry ground. It can be a bit longer in snow or blustery days.

Made me smile!
  • JennLifts
    JennLifts Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    I have to confess I under eat, even though I've reached my goal. Now I can't eat enough, and i work out a load, and I'm on the opposite end of the spectrum. Trust me.. It's just as scary as the side everyone always thinks about.