Brides on a Mission: Week 7

Options

Replies

• dezil
    dezil Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Brides on a Mission: week 7 (Please copy and paste this into your profile)
    1. Weight loss/inches lost this week: I'm down .8 lbs. Not bad (not enough to make my goal, but down the least!) And I don't measure myself, perhaps I should?
    2. Highlight of the past week: (not weight, just something exciting that happened): I used the stairs at work 4 days in a row now, since I got the bright idea! lol. And went to cycle zone this am at 5:45 which is something I've always wanted to do!!!! But could never find the energy to get up. Also, my honey and V day. It was his birthday Friday so we went to a swanky restaraunt, and on V day we had doggy school w/ our little Tank so we made dinner... but it was a weekend full of just *US*!!!
    3. Lowlight of the past week (not weight, just something that you need support with): I guess none... Kevin came home from Florida so now I have laundry to catch up on. But thats just normal :-)
    4. Week 7 challenge; continue healthy changes after marriage: I've been into this 'working out' craze for a few years now... so I'm not worried about that just after marriage. I'm more concerned how it will dwindel after babies... =/
    5. Any wedding news updates: Bridesmaid dress shopping this Saturday, 2/19!! And my FMIL & my mom are meeting for the first time!
    6. What is your go to healthy fast food option: Crap, I don't have one. I love Subway, but my subs aren't healthy. I've just been avoiding this lately! But, I did get 'cole-slaw' w/ my sandwhich this wknd instead of fries!!!
    7. How did you handle all the Valentine’s temptations: I asked Kev not to get me chocolate.. but then I got him an edible arrangement chocolate dipped strawberrys, and let me tell you: DELICIOUS! So, I've had one or 2 a day... its all good.
    8. How did you do with the week 6 challenge (Just saying no!): I said NO a few times! :-) At puppy school on V day the trainer had red velvet cookies.. UM YUMMM! I'm not sure how I said 'no thanks' but I did! Eeek.
    9. Weekly wrap up: I'm feeling good. I have the worlds biggest sweet tooth and have had some candy here and there, but its crazy being aware of the calories your'e consuming! Really makes you think... Even if I have gone over I'm not too hard on myself, because I'm being honest (which I've never done before. I never have logged into mfp on the wknds before... this was my first weekend EVER logging it!!!) I'm still pumped! It's been nice being held accountable on here w/ mfp friends! So, Thanks ALL!!!
  • KWSR16
    KWSR16 Posts: 91
    Options
    I'm so excited you all started this!! :happy:
    1. Name: Kelsey
    2. Age: 22
    3. City: Rockford
    4. Occupation: Office Manager
    5. Wedding date: September 10, 2011
    6. Fiancés name: Sean
    7. How long you and your fiancé have been together: 1 year
    8. Heaviest weight: 185
    9. Goal weight and date: 125 BEFORE my wedding :bigsmile:
    10 Favorite Excercise: Treadmill/Elliptical
    11. Favorite healthy food: Fruit! I :heart: apples!

Brides on a Mission: week 7
    1. Weight loss/inches lost this week: .6 lbs
    2. Highlight of the past week: (not weight, just something exciting that happened): Going to the bank to see about getting a mortgage!!!
    3. Lowlight of the past week (not weight, just something that you need support with): getting into our first real fight over something dumb.
    4. Week 7 challenge; continue healthy changes after marriage: I will be the one cooking, no going out to eat unless its an actual occasion!!
    5. Any wedding news updates: We just made our save the date's!! :)
    6. What is your go to healthy fast food option: Either a subway sandwich or Beefaroo's Chicken Enchilada Soup
    7. How did you handle all the Valentine’s temptations: Easy...I made low cal peanut butter cookies which I had two of, and the suppppper yummy and EXTRA HIGH FAT AND CAL fudge that I made is going to Sean's sisters as a housewarming gift :drinker:
    8. How did you do with the week 6 challenge (Just saying no!): didn't partake in that challenge as I am new to this mission.
    9. Weekly wrap up: I'm excited to be doing this with fellow brides to be!!
  • MrsSommer
    Options
    1. Weight loss/inches lost this week: At 144.8 today. My weight has been fluctuating between 144.8 and 146. Weird
    2. Highlight of the past week: (not weight, just something exciting that happened): Got our income tax refund! Now to pay off some vendors!
    3. Lowlight of the past week (not weight, just something that you need support with): Realizing that i may not be able to afford the wedding band i want... :o(
    4. Week 7 challenge; continue healthy changes after marriage: I'll try! :o) But sadly my other half is my bad influence! We both have a sweet tooth and when hes around my self control goes out the window :o)
    5. Any wedding news updates: Going to see a cake lady tonight. A friend of the family so we might get a good deal!
    6. What is your go to healthy fast food option: um, is there such a thing?
    7. How did you handle all the Valentine’s temptations: Not so hot. I mean i didnt get chocolates, but we did go out to eat Monday and i got one of my favorite sandwhichs which is over 2/3 of my calories in one fail swoop! but it was SO good!
    8. How did you do with the week 6 challenge (Just saying no!): Alright for the most part. :o)
    9. Weekly wrap up: Happy to be making changes that are realistic! YES im trying to be healthier and lose weight, but i am NOT giving up on all the foods i love! Everything in moderation.
  • lynnellec
    lynnellec Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Yay!! I was looking for a group with brides!! So exciting!!

1. Name: Lynnelle
    2. Age: 31
    3. City: Louisville
    4. Occupation: Communications & Social Media Coordinator for a history museum
    5. Wedding date: June 11, 2011
    6. Fiancés name: Mike
    7. How long you and your fiancé have been together: 3 years, but we've know each other since we were about 10 years old.
    8. Heaviest weight: 189 (currently staying at about 175 but would love get out of the 170's... I did it once before when I was training for the KY Derby Festival Mini Marathon in '08).
    9. Goal weight and date: 150
    10. Favorite type of exercise: Arc trainer, elliptical, field hockey, walking our "furbabies!"
    11. Favorite healthy food: Fruit, nuts

1. Weight loss/inches lost this week: .5
    2. Highlight of the past week: (not weight, just something exciting that happened): Witnessed a proposal at an event at work Saturday night. It was a 1940s USO-style dinner and dance and the guy was dressed like a sailor. It was so cute! She had no idea he was hiding the ring box in his sock the whole night!
    3. Lowlight of the past week (not weight, just something that you need support with): Krispy Kreme donut bar (donuts dipped in chocolate and covered with toppings!) at the dance on Saturday night... 'nuff said! It was so hard to say no to those things!
    4. Week 7 challenge; continue healthy changes after marriage: We try to eat pretty well for the most part, but we could totally do better!
    5. Any wedding news updates: I'm meeting with our florist this weekend! Can't wait! I received samples of our invitations that I designed last week and LOVE them!!
    6. What is your go to healthy fast food option: A smoothie
    7. How did you handle all the Valentine’s temptations: Not bad, but probably not super great either!
    8. How did you do with the week 6 challenge (Just saying no!): n/a
    9. Weekly wrap up: Yay to doing this with other brides!!
  • kalebsmama07
    Options

1. Weight loss/inches lost this week: 3lb loss.yay 2lbs left till my original goal weight..not sure of inches will update soon

2. Highlight of the past week: (not weight, just something exciting that happened): found my wedding dressmydress-2.jpgIMAGE_102.jpg sorry if these pics r big...so i went dress shopping on valentines day....i walked into the store n this was the first dress i picked out n i love it(i did try on others but came back to this one)....n i went into a shoe store n picked these shoes out first pair n they matched perfect...it was my day n a sign...that this dress was made for me... oh and i tryed on pants that i never thought would fit me...from abercrombie n fitch...they were huge on me...even tho they were thier biggest size they were huge and didnt fit me... i was so happy...left the mall with the biggest smile on my face...

3. Lowlight of the past week (not weight, just something that you need support with): my dad being on yet another drinkin binge (im going nuts and cant handel the stress of watchin him do this to him self so i told him he needs to straigten out or move out!)...inviting more people than i wanted too to my wedding...

4. Week 7 challenge; continue healthy changes after marriage:i will try...i love the high i get after working out...its like an addiction...

5. Any wedding news updates: found my dress n shoes...also tryed a spray tan it came out great..will be getting another for my wedding day.=)

6. What is your go to healthy fast food option: subway or any garden salad....

7. How did you handle all the Valentine’s temptations: we got chinese food but ate great most of the day...to make sure i could eat my chinese food...i ate half of that...not all like i normally would...

8. How did you do with the week 6 challenge (Just saying no!): hard but did better this week than compared to last week....

9. Weekly wrap up: great had the best valentines day/wedding dress shoppin day ....it was the greatest day ive had in a long time..spent the day with one of my best friends...n the night with my hubby....best day ever...2 months n 20 days till my wedding...
  • kalebsmama07
    Options
    1. Weight loss/inches lost this week: Only .4 lbs lost this week but I keep seeing 143 on the scale so I know I'm going to hit the 20 lbs lost mark soon!! I also love seeing the "In 5 weeks you'll weigh" saying something in the 130's!!

2. Highlight of the past week: (not weight, just something exciting that happened): I got my dreesssss!!! After it coming in wrong the first time I was SUPER anxious but it is perfect... Picture below is from Saturday! It's kind of a mess on the bottom because it's been in a bag and hasn't been steamed AND the sides of the dress have boning in them and it wasn't even touching my sides!! Definitely need to bring it in :-)

IMG_0160.jpg

3. Lowlight of the past week (not weight, just something that you need support with): Hahaha see my previous rant from earlier today... That and my complete fall apart on Sunday night at his dad's house for dinner!

4. Week 7 challenge; continue healthy changes after marriage: Super important to me! I want to be a pro at eating healthy and staying active before I have kids so that they have the benefit of growing up in a healthy house. I honestly don't think I'll stop using MFP after the wedding... it's eye opening! As soon as I don't think about the calories in something I'm eating a ridiculous amount!

5. Any wedding news updates: LOL this would be my high of the week!

6. What is your go to healthy fast food option: Hahah okay so I have three that I'm addicted to. 1) Chipotle Chicken Burrito Bowl - the food is just so FRESH and delicious! Lllooovveee! 2) Panera Broccoli and Cheddar soup and half of a napa almond chicken salad sandwich - again just so fresh and delish! and then my real fast food love ... 3)Chick Fil A Grilled Chicken sandwich (which comes on a whole wheat bun with tomato and lettuce), a fruit cup instead of fries and a diet lemonaide... MMMM

7. How did you handle all the Valentine’s temptations: Hahahahha not well and I'm still not handling them. I specifically told my fiance no chocolate and then on Sunday night his sister gives us a whole bag of dove chocolate's... Dove is my favvoorritee!

8. How did you do with the week 6 challenge (Just saying no!): I think I did okay - I've always been pretty good about saying no at work but its at family gatherings I fall apart.

9. Weekly wrap up: Overall it was a good week. I love how exercising has made me feel so much happier :-) And getting my dress in and it being perfect was awesome too!

very pretty dress
  • Becky011
    Becky011 Posts: 384
    Options
    Hey guys! Sorry I missed last week but here I am again :)

1. Weight loss/inches lost this week: 2.2! Yay!! :) finally got my butt in gear lol
    2. Highlight of the past week: my sweetheart surprised me with a diamond necklace for valentines day! He's always so sweet and creative in how he gives it to me. This time he hid it in the fridge lol I love the gift and love him :) looking forward to celebrating Vday with him tommorow.
    3. Lowlight of the past week: last Sunday I was pretty down because I had gained and was back up to 185. Though I'd been tracking everything I ate and maing healthier choices I was not staying under my cals for the day and as a result no loss and even a gain!! I did great these week but need the support to stick with it.
    4. Week 7 challenge; continue healthy changes after marriage: I'll think about this more and post later in the week.
    5. Any wedding news updates: n/a for those of you who don't know I'm not engaged yet :)
    6. What is your go to healthy fast food option: My latest is more for a snack - I LOVVVEE the Iced Passion Tea from Starbucks - unsweetened - with 3 Splenda packets (in a Venti) It is fruity (no tea flavor) and just a really tasty treat (did I mention 0 calories :) Can't beat that
    7. How did you handle all the Valentine’s temptations: I had a little bit (there was a Vday party at work with Chocolate fondue treats, just had a little) and didn't over indulge. All in all did really well
    8. How did you do with the week 6 challenge (Just saying no!): Great! it was the first week I really did say no. The only way I will lose weight is to stick to it and watch my calories. I was way to easy on myself for the first month and now I am serious!!
    9. Weekly wrap up: All in all a great week. I feel like I am on my way :) I've also been sticking to my workout goals. Take the stairs at work every day - up to the 5th floor and back. Sometimes I do it 2 and 3 times a day, and I'm really noticing that I'm recovering quicker from it (always gets my heart rate up and breathing a little heavy. And I am working out 2-3 times Mon-Fri and a 2 hour "cardioathon" as I call it ;) on Saturday. Good stuff. Just really holding on for some great results!! Hope everyone has a great week!!
  • Becky011
    Options
    1. Weight loss/inches lost this week: Only .4 lbs lost this week but I keep seeing 143 on the scale so I know I'm going to hit the 20 lbs lost mark soon!! I also love seeing the "In 5 weeks you'll weigh" saying something in the 130's!!

2. Highlight of the past week: (not weight, just something exciting that happened): I got my dreesssss!!! After it coming in wrong the first time I was SUPER anxious but it is perfect... Picture below is from Saturday! It's kind of a mess on the bottom because it's been in a bag and hasn't been steamed AND the sides of the dress have boning in them and it wasn't even touching my sides!! Definitely need to bring it in :-)

IMG_0160.jpg

3. Lowlight of the past week (not weight, just something that you need support with): Hahaha see my previous rant from earlier today... That and my complete fall apart on Sunday night at his dad's house for dinner!

4. Week 7 challenge; continue healthy changes after marriage: Super important to me! I want to be a pro at eating healthy and staying active before I have kids so that they have the benefit of growing up in a healthy house. I honestly don't think I'll stop using MFP after the wedding... it's eye opening! As soon as I don't think about the calories in something I'm eating a ridiculous amount!

5. Any wedding news updates: LOL this would be my high of the week!

6. What is your go to healthy fast food option: Hahah okay so I have three that I'm addicted to. 1) Chipotle Chicken Burrito Bowl - the food is just so FRESH and delicious! Lllooovveee! 2) Panera Broccoli and Cheddar soup and half of a napa almond chicken salad sandwich - again just so fresh and delish! and then my real fast food love ... 3)Chick Fil A Grilled Chicken sandwich (which comes on a whole wheat bun with tomato and lettuce), a fruit cup instead of fries and a diet lemonaide... MMMM

7. How did you handle all the Valentine’s temptations: Hahahahha not well and I'm still not handling them. I specifically told my fiance no chocolate and then on Sunday night his sister gives us a whole bag of dove chocolate's... Dove is my favvoorritee!

8. How did you do with the week 6 challenge (Just saying no!): I think I did okay - I've always been pretty good about saying no at work but its at family gatherings I fall apart.

9. Weekly wrap up: Overall it was a good week. I love how exercising has made me feel so much happier :-) And getting my dress in and it being perfect was awesome too!

I love love LOVE your dress :) You look great!
  • Becky011
    Options
    Yay!! I was looking for a group with brides!! So exciting!!

1. Name: Lynnelle
    2. Age: 31
    3. City: Louisville
    4. Occupation: Communications & Social Media Coordinator for a history museum
    5. Wedding date: June 11, 2011
    6. Fiancés name: Mike
    7. How long you and your fiancé have been together: 3 years, but we've know each other since we were about 10 years old.
    8. Heaviest weight: 189 (currently staying at about 175 but would love get out of the 170's... I did it once before when I was training for the KY Derby Festival Mini Marathon in '08).
    9. Goal weight and date: 150
    10. Favorite type of exercise: Arc trainer, elliptical, field hockey, walking our "furbabies!"
    11. Favorite healthy food: Fruit, nuts

1. Weight loss/inches lost this week: .5
    2. Highlight of the past week: (not weight, just something exciting that happened): Witnessed a proposal at an event at work Saturday night. It was a 1940s USO-style dinner and dance and the guy was dressed like a sailor. It was so cute! She had no idea he was hiding the ring box in his sock the whole night!
    3. Lowlight of the past week (not weight, just something that you need support with): Krispy Kreme donut bar (donuts dipped in chocolate and covered with toppings!) at the dance on Saturday night... 'nuff said! It was so hard to say no to those things!
    4. Week 7 challenge; continue healthy changes after marriage: We try to eat pretty well for the most part, but we could totally do better!
    5. Any wedding news updates: I'm meeting with our florist this weekend! Can't wait! I received samples of our invitations that I designed last week and LOVE them!!
    6. What is your go to healthy fast food option: A smoothie
    7. How did you handle all the Valentine’s temptations: Not bad, but probably not super great either!
    8. How did you do with the week 6 challenge (Just saying no!): n/a
    9. Weekly wrap up: Yay to doing this with other brides!!

Glad to have you!! It is a great bunch :) Friend us if you haven't already. We're all really good about supporting eachother to stay on track! Welcome!
  • Becky011
    Options

3. Lowlight of the past week (not weight, just something that you need support with): I need help not pulling my hair out when my fiancee would rather take a nap than work out and he continues to complain that hes fat.

Hey there! I have this problem. I do a couple of things. I try to make healthy changes that will affect us both. Cooking healthier meals, keeping healthy snacks around the house - Berries, yogurt, sugar free snacks, whatever. Secondly I invite him to work out with me (not that he does - almost never lol- more so when its warm we'll go biking together) and lastly, when he complains he's fat I say what he says to me - DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT. I know it sounds harsh lol ;) but i tell him i want him to be happy so maybe its time for a change.

hope it helps!
  • Jennplus2
    Jennplus2 Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    Yeah, we are cloing. We are an inner city private school and have just taken a huge hit with the economy so we are closing along with another private high school in Omaha. :-( I felt like the interview went well...it was last Thursday so we will see. She said that I would know by the middle of this week one way or the other if I had made it to the next interview. (These were just screening interviews) I am crossing my fingers. :-) Thanks for the response!

agoessli –
    Your school is closing? Why? I’m curious because the state of PA is going through tough budget cuts and I was wondering if that was the reason??
    Good luck with your job interview (I wasn’t sure the day it actually was scheduled for)! I totally sympathize with teacher job interviews. I must have went to 15-10 before getting my job teaching high school English. It’s very nerve wracking. Mine ranged from an interrogation setting (I thought , where’s the spotlight?) to actually teaching lessons to adults (really weird, didn’t know HOW to handle disciplinary issues… where they being students or administrators). I also had to teach lessons to students in the second interview round…. I think I had up to three interview rounds for some positions. My fiance’s sister has been looking for an elementary position in MD FOREVER! You can do it! I always recommend going to the school’s website to find out a little about them before the interview. Also, I create a list of questions to ask THEM. After all, I wanted to make sure the school was a good fit for ME, so I was happy there, too.

The girls' middle school I work at will fly top admin to the bigger job fairs to do hiring interviews. Then they look for teachers to meet who are local. Don't know if that helps any, but it would get your name out to a ton of awesome private schools.
  • Jennplus2
    Jennplus2 Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    sweet13-
    Thanks for the ideas and advice, it makes me feel better knowing I'm not the only bride that feels like this. I do think I will find the location that is right for us, it just might take a while. Arg

I did my taxes!!! Should get the money within a few weeks and that will go into my savings for the wedding! Yay maybe it really will happen next year!
  • jpsnickel
    Options
    1. Weight loss/inches lost this week: actually gained 0.8 pounds....considering it's TOM and this weigh in included birthday weekend dinners for both my fiance and I, i'm surprised it's not more!

2. Highlight of the past week: (not weight, just something exciting that happened): Got to see Anthony Bourdain at the local theater!!

3. Lowlight of the past week (not weight, just something that you need support with): my Gramma was in the hospital, but is home now!

4. Week 7 challenge; continue healthy changes after marriage: We're not taking our honeymoon until next summer since he's a teacher and i'm a grad student. A Mediterranean cruise is great motivation for staying healthy! And after that, hopefully we'll think about starting a family and I want to be my healthiest for that!

5. Any wedding news updates: went to a Crate and Barrel registry event and added some goodies!

6. What is your go to healthy fast food option: i usually don't do fast food, so when i'm craving it, i go for it...but just make sure i allot enough calories for the splurge!

7. How did you handle all the Valentine’s temptations: Our birthdays are just a couple of days before, so we celebrate then, not Valentine's day. I definitely splurged for the birthdays, but no chocolates here!

8. How did you do with the week 6 challenge (Just saying no!): I had some great moments where I said "no" and was very proud of myself, but I also had moments when I caved =(

9. Weekly wrap up: I joined a "Burn 3500+ calories" challenge this week which has inspired me, and I just got the email that my heart monitor shipped yesterday. CANNOT WAIT FOR IT TO GET HERE! I feel like that will really help me understand where my heart rate is and get me to step it up a notch and push myself!
  • heels24
    heels24 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    8. How did you do with the week 6 challenge (Just saying no!): I had some great moments where I said "no" and was very proud of myself, but I also had moments when I caved =(

That was me last week, too, so I can relate! Just trying to learn from the times I said no, and putting the "caving" moments in the past. :)
  • NurseNatalie2011
    Options
    Weigh in time! I lost 1.8lbs!!! :happy: I am so happy that my hard work has paid off 2 weeks in a row. I was at such a slump in Jan because one week I would lose and then next I would gain. It was back and forth with the same 2lbs. I changed my eating a little (actually bumped up my cals and then took them down a little and landed at 1870. I realy have been eating about 1780 or so just because I haven't been able to eat as much.) I noramlly dont work on thursdays but I might today just because I am so pumped about my weight loss. Thanks for everyone support! I couldn't do this without everyone!!
  • Sweet13_Princess
    Sweet13_Princess Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    1. Weight loss/inches lost this week: Didn’t check… I was afraid too!:-P
    2. Highlight of the past week: (not weight, just something exciting that happened): My fiancé bought me TWO bunches of flowers for Valentine’s Day and took me out to eat and bought me two shirts. He’s such a sweetie.
    3. Lowlight of the past week (not weight, just something that you need support with): Was sick, yet again… this time with a sore throat, which meant not much exercise (especially cardio) for me this week. On top of that, I really didn’t eat all that well. Somehow I think Ramon noodles aren’t the ideal weight loss food….
    4. Week 7 challenge; continue healthy changes after marriage: We’ll plan more active things in the summer like hiking and kayaking. I’ll continue my gym membership in the winter and/or use the exercise bike/ball/free weights at home… and hope that my fiancé joins in sometimes (he’s pooped working six days a week right now). I cook, so the healthy food part is generally in good hands.
    5. Any wedding news updates: Mailed out my invitations this week! Who who! I already received three RSVPs. We were getting a lot of flack for mailing them too soon (the wedding is in four months), but Dan was really worried that since his side was out of town that they might not know to free the date (we didn’t do save the dates). I have a feeling some people might forget to return the RSVPs, but that’s what calling is for!
    6. What is your go to healthy fast food option: A Wendy’s side salad, small chili, and small dollop of sour cream.
    7. How did you handle all the Valentine’s temptations: I didn’t. I ate 3000 in one meal! I was devastated when I found out and felt like it ruined the whole week. GRR! Durn Perkins Restaurants!
    8. How did you do with the week 6 challenge (Just saying no!): Um…. See the Valentine’s day temptation comment.:-P
    9. Weekly wrap up: Some plusses and minuses, but overall I can’t help be happy now that my invitations are finished!:-D
  • NurseNatalie2011
    Options
    I had some time to kill this afternoon. I wanted to do some studying for my stateboards (for nursing) so I went to Borders. I got a white berry-blooming (something like that) tea. I was so yummy. I keept hearing people order huge calorie coffee drinks and muffins. I just wanted to go up to them and be like "its not worth it!" lol I am such a dork. The best part was I took a 20min break from studying and read a bridal magazine... for free! :laugh: I love reading them to get ideas but they can be expensive...I saw one for $10.

I hope everyone is having a great week! I sure am. If you are having troubles....just remember changes takes time and after a while it will become your norm. Stick with it! :tongue:
  • NurseNatalie2011
    Options

3. Lowlight of the past week (not weight, just something that you need support with): I need help not pulling my hair out when my fiancee would rather take a nap than work out and he continues to complain that hes fat.

Hey there! I have this problem. I do a couple of things. I try to make healthy changes that will affect us both. Cooking healthier meals, keeping healthy snacks around the house - Berries, yogurt, sugar free snacks, whatever. Secondly I invite him to work out with me (not that he does - almost never lol- more so when its warm we'll go biking together) and lastly, when he complains he's fat I say what he says to me - DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT. I know it sounds harsh lol ;) but i tell him i want him to be happy so maybe its time for a change.

hope it helps!

I am kind of stuck with my fiance too. He has made some healthy changes lately but not to where he would lose weight. He has a pizza/beer belly. I told him it needs to be gone by the wedding. Not because I care what he will look like (well I kinda do lol) but because I want to start our marrage off in all ways healthy. Plus, male obesity can affect sperm production (lol sorry!) and I dont want obesity to be why we can't get preggers. we will be moving in when I graduate in June and I told him he will need to start making some changes then. He said it does need to happen and knows to get all the pizza and beer in now! lol Ahhhh men!
  • Sweet13_Princess
    Options
    wannabrn10 –
    Way to go, resisting the Valentine’s Day bread on the table. It’s not that I crave or love bread, I’m usually just so hungry by the time the meal arrives that I eat it because I can’t wait any longer. I wish restaurants could speed up the salad course a bit more!*LOL*

agoessli –
    Congrats on the elliptical! I would SOOO love to get one, but we just can’t afford it right now. My fiancé wants a higher end one too, because he’s heard lots of horror stories about how cheap and easy to break they can be. We’re hoping that if we get a decent amount of monetary wedding gifts, that we might use it to finally buy one. I’m hoping for one with iFit on it because the downloadable programs sound really neat.
    Ok… time for me to vent! It’s crazy thinking about public schools closing. I’m not at all an advocate for these private, charter, or cyber schools. There’s no accountability for those teachers to do their jobs and the quality of the student’s education is really going to suffer. Test results of these programs have proven that they’re not as good as public schools. I think it’s just another example of the corporate world trying to get its paws into the education system, something that’s pretty much been government regulated until now. It’s all whose money lines whose pockets!:-P I also feel it’s wrong that local school districts should PAY for these kids to have the alternative education. It really puts a burden on the school district and hinders what we can do for the kids that decide to stay. I think paying for these programs should really be on the parents. I mean, the state really regulates everything that we do and they won’t get that protection for their kids anywhere else. Why should we be penalized on top of it?! Your school’s closing is just another example of how the budget cuts that are going on are simply ridiculous. The only ones that suffer are the kids.
    I just read an article the other day that illustrates my frustrations of how educators are treated. We’re definitely not viewed as the professionals that we are. Here is a link:
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/shaun-johnson/treating-doctors-like-teachers_b_812096.html
    I hope the job hunt goes well and that you get hired at a more stable district. Have you heard anything since your interview? I hope you get a call back.
    We’ve predicted that with the PA budget cuts that are probably going into effect, that in three years we’ll have used up all of our assets and the district will basically be bankrupt. I can’t wait to see what the government does to get us out of this mess then.:-P

gainskb & eaglesfan426 -
    Mother in laws always seem to be crazy. I didn’t hit it off right away with my soon to be, either, but happily enough, we get along now. However, my best friend, Jim’s, mom was a horrible Mother in law. She said she thought his future wife, Trudy, was beneath him and said she always wondered why he didn’t marry me instead. She said this right in front of his fiancé! Horrible! It ended up that after Jim and Trudy married, she actually punched Trudy in the face and continuously verbally assaulted her. Jim finally had to break off a relationship with his mother and has little to no contact with her. Now, what kind of mom does something like that? I think she actually was jealous that Trudy was taking care of Jim, kind of taking over her position as a mom in some ways. Jim’s mom never really seemed happy, either, so I think she subconsciously tried to make her son unhappy as well. Dysfunctional? In a word, yes!:-P I ask myself, what kind of parent is that? She doesn’t even have contact with the grandchild they had because she just can’t be trusted!

dezil – Your ideas for the damask sound really neat. My invitation suite incorporated the paisley detail. Like you, I’m also using it for the napkin and candle rings, as well as the menu cards. I’m sure it will appear on the programs as well. Our baker is going to try to incorporate it in the middle layer of the wedding cake too! My main thing is that I want it to be there in the SMALL details, but not be completely overwhelming. I guess we’re both traditional in that aspect.

Shannon
  • Sweet13_Princess
    Options
    HELP!!!!

I have a quick question for anyone in the thread. I’m thinking ahead about the seating arrangements at the wedding. Since I’m a teacher, I want to do a huge seating chart for people to look at as they come in the door. I was going to basically assign them to a table, not to a specific chair. The tables are going to be named after my favorite novels (I teach English) and there will be vintage copies on each table, with a menu inside (my fiancé and I went on a date at a speakeasy and they did this).

Now for the question…. I have three choices of food: filet mignon, vegetarian ravioli, and stuffed chicken breast. If people don’t have assigned seats or cards, how do the servers know who to serve the food to? Do I give the caterer a list of the names of the people sitting there, as well as their orders ahead of time? Then, they just pass the food out?

I really love the idea, so I don’t want to throw it away!

Shannon