Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

SBF Reboot Boogaloo! Valentine's week!

2»

Replies

• yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,788 Member
    I'm a bit tired too, MM. I will get to sleep earlier tonight.

Went for an hour and forty minute walk outside yesterday, so I got my vitamin D in. Also did some yoga at home.

I put "yard work" on the calendar for next week. We have more warm weather ahead.

I've decided to have a goal of losing 10 lbs by September. I told my husband about it, and he put the rather practical question "how are you going to do that?" (I already eat fairly well and exercise tons, was his point).
    1. I'm going to only eat while sitting down - tough, I didn't realize how much I eat standing up - usually while making a meal :huh:
    2. I'm cutting back on the butter and nuts. I love butter and nuts, but they are calories bombs. Nuts in a salad, ok. Handful after handful, not ok. One piece of bread and butter to go with said salad, ok. Bread and butter as a reward for eating said salad, no ok (I sort of jest - sort of).
    3. Get back on the bike. By Monday, I will have taken the bike out. It's not that I don't have hard or long workouts with yoga and walking, but it's good to use different muscles and get the heart rate up.

10 lbs, boogaloo.
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,699 Member
    Mary, I think that's a great goal. I did the bread and butter thing with my salad today too. :blushing:

I had a really really great work out. I ran a total of 14 minutes which is just over a mile (not all at once though). I was doing 3 minutes between jogs and I was able to shorten it to two minutes between so I'm getting stronger. Then I did 30 minutes of taebo. I also cleaned house for an hour and still have a bit to do if I can get to it. So it has been a good day! :bigsmile: I haven't had a burn like that in a long time. Makes me want to do it again! I just had to brag. :laugh:

Mel is back boogaloo!
    MM
  • yoginimary
    I have a busy fun day planned. Double yoga class in the morning, meeting a friend for a late lunch - then I have the rest of the day off. I was going to see "127 Hours" - but there isn't a 7pm show :grumble: I don't think there is much else I want to see. I could rent "Inception" tonight, hmmm. I'll see if my mom wants to see anything.

Oh, and a walk or bike ride some time today.

Movies, boogaloo!
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Morning pebbs,

I've come to the conclusion that I need to focus more on less. I'm trying to pick one self improvement/philosophy goal. The word that keeps coming up is "stewardship". I've been spending a lot of time sort of meditating on what one concept will improve everything, and that's it.

To that, I'm working on being aware of caring for things, others, and myself. Things-wise, that means less things. Others means to try to be honest about how stressed i am before the meanness starts. Body-wise, that means exercising when I can/recognizing when it's not the best thing, and eating food that will make me feel good. A big trigger for me to eat poorly is self-pity, so I'm aiming to be more aware in that department. I'm going to continue the food logging break.

Still waiting on news of an apartment. Have more or less decided that if we don't get the one we really like, we'll stick it out where we are. We have looked at some weird places. For example, yesterday we looked at a weird basement apartment with a jacuzzi tub and not one single closet. Landlords have a far too liberal idea of what constitutes a "bedroom". I think at minimum it should involve a door, and enough space in which to put a bed. We've had guys trying to tell us that a closet size den is a bedroom. The other day, a dude tried to tell me a dining room was a bedroom.:noway:
    Now, I'm thinking of one habit to quit/start. Just one.

More on less, boogaloo:flowerforyou:
  • mechanicmom
    Good morning Pebbs.

I have a really hard time working out on Saturdays and Sundays. DH is home and for some reason that means I get to lounge around. I think that's because he lounges, so I say, "Hey, I work hard all week too so I deserve to lounge." Not this weekend. I can tell I am making progress and I want to keep it going. I don't *feel* like getting on the treadmill but I am going to.
    Other than a walk we are going out to a friend's house in the country. They have 3 miniature horses and chicken and dogs. :smile: The guy also owns a plane. He's not going to fly today but the airport is a mile from his home and one of the guys out there is suppose to be flying his Biplanes. Alex loves Biplanes. :happy: Usually when we go out there, we are there all day. I will try to log my food on my phone and watch what I eat. They usually only eat one big meal on Saturday so I am going to take a protein bar since we won't be eating lunch till 4 probably. (How do people do that?)
    I'm rambling. Must get dishes and straightening up done, then on to the treadmill. By the way, I feel great! I haven't felt this good in a very long time. I am still having allergy/nose problems but I feel 99% healthy and it's a nice feeling. I hope it sticks around for awhile.

I feel good boogaloo!
    MM
  • Bobbie145
    Bobbie145 Posts: 331 Member
    Happy weekend, all!

I ended up with sort of a surprise weekend. Husband and number one son out of town. Number 2 son at an oyster roast, then spending the night away. Hmmm. I started to think of all the things I could get done. Thought of so many things I decided to make a list so I wouldn't have to keep reciting over and over what I wanted to get done. I've started the laundry, done the banking, gone to the sports store to get baseball gloves, cleats, and cups for the boys for baseball (wow, that added up fast!), then got stuff for the arrival of Sapphire (another hunk of change - gone!). Now I'm back at the house. Having lunch. I did decide I would go for a manicure and pedicure at 4:00 with a friend when she asked. Still have lots to do, but it's amazing how much you can get done with a list and time to yourself!

Weight still headed in the right direction. Yay!!!

:heart:
    Bobbie
  • yoginimary
    I ended yesterday by watching "Inception" over at my parent's house. It was a nice, yet late, end to a good day. The Austin Marathon is going on this morning with 18,000 people running. I went to REI yesterday (forgetting about the marathon,even though it goes by my house!), and it was a zoo. I did get a new shirt, some new jeans (from Nordstrom Rack), and ordered two new gorilla shoes as most of mine (shirts, jeans, and shoes) have holes in them.

Today: practice teaching for tomorrow's class, go for a walk outside, and I'm thinking windows or yard work as well.

New clothes, boogaloo?
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Happy Sunday,

I am announcing my intention to try Zumba today, and have pledged to stop and come home immediately if there's any vertigo. I just can't stand not working out.

Still haven't heard about the apartment, and the landlords have waited long enough that now I'm on the verge of balking at the extra cost. Yesterday a student sent me a "draft to look at" that was copy/pasted from a term papers for purchase website. I hate it when this happens. Cheating sucks. I realize that I find it insulting (it feels like the students who cheat think I'm an idiot or something.) also, I am by nature a person who puts trust in people, and I hate to be reminded that the entire world isn't trustworthy. I will never for the life of me understand the mind of a cheat. It sort of pushed me over the edge, stress wise. Must step back a bit.

The sun is out, I'm headache free, and I've finally succeeded in restocking the fridge. There, that's better.

Better, boogaloo.:flowerforyou:
  • mechanicmom
    Today is a cheat day. We are with friends about to eat at Cracker Barrel. It's not my favorite place but it's alright. I was planning on taking today off but I may walk on the TM. I'm kind of afraid of taking a day off. I'm afraid I won't keep going. Especially since lady time showed up a week late. I'll have to think about goals this week.
    Better late than never boogaloo!
    MM