I'm fat. I know, I've just been told!

Options
2»

Replies

• sindyb9
    sindyb9 Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    You are doing great. He should never have gone there. :flowerforyou: My hubby and I have had some nasty fights over the 20 years we have been together but he would never go there and I am sorry for him. Now show him up and keep up the hard work. You need to do this for you. If you need anything let us know we are here for you. :bigsmile:
  • Wizzle
    Wizzle Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your weightloss!!! That is so great. You know what... my fiance has done that before to me as well. He never used to until I started to lose so much weight. We would get into a little spat about this or that and then he would call me fat. It really hurt my feelings because I felt like you. Someone who had done such a great job and then him saying that made me feel like I wanted to go binge eat. I think people in general do this when they know it will hurt us. I bet he didn't mean it. I know my love didn't mean, but that doesn't give them the right to act like that. Try explaining to him just how much it hurts. Once I explained it to my fiance he stopped doing it.

I think we are all proud of your weightloss here and I am sure your hubby is too! Somtimes loved ones do stupid things when they are angry with us. Just tell him how you feel and keep working towards your goal. Your doing so great!!!!

:heart: :heart: :heart:
  • abbychelle07
    abbychelle07 Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    Hopefully he apologizes!!!!!! Otherwise, he is still in BIG TROUBLE, don't let him off the hook. Calling you fat is a HUGE deal! So rude, and not at all supportive, especially since you are doing an AMAZING job losing weight.

Just because you are fighting, doesn't give him the right to call names. I try to tell my hubby that all the time. If we are fighting and he is at a loss for what to say, he likes to call me variations of "stupid." It used to work and I would get really upset. Now I've learned...it just means that he is LOSING and he doesn't know how to get out gracefully! Plus he is better now because I would wait until we were done fighting, and make him talk about his word choice, and how that made me feel. If he doesn't want that conversation, he knows to bite his tongue!
  • mholmes
    mholmes Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    The hubby and I got into it last night cause I ate dinner late. It all started with "You sure you should be eating that" for the umpteenth time I've heard that... It continued until bed and we haven't resolved it yet. I hope your man says he's sorry and I hope you know you should still feel amazing about your weight loss!! I've lost a meager 7 pounds and feel ok so 24 pounds? GREAT JOB!!
  • mholmes
    mholmes Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    Oh sweetie we are always hardest on the ones we love and trust. When my husband and I fight (and it can get crazy mean, for no reason) he says hurtful things.. In a sane non-fight situation he has told me he doesn't even know why he does it during the fight, but he is purposefully extra mean. Your husband is proud of you and he said what he knew would hurt the most, he did it to hurt you so he could cover his own anger, hurt and frustration. Talk to him in the morning when all has blown over and discuss his outburst in a rational way so he understands how deep the wound cut, if he is a good man he will apologize. ( mine will sometimes cry, but you didn't hear that from me) Delana

Excellent advice and very insightful.....

I agree as well!