Male Runners - Running shorts?

Options
2»

Replies

• Azdak
    Azdak Posts: 8,281 Member
    Options
    For me what works best is a mid-length (e.g. 8"-9" inseam) pair of shorts of a lightweight technical fabric (e.g. dri-fit) with no liner, and a pair of underarmour boxer jocks or compression shorts underneath. It gives me freedom of movement without any risk of "Bill Clinton thighs".
  • ChuckgM3
    ChuckgM3 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I wear regular gym shorts with regular underwear when running. I own a pair of the high cut with built in panties shorts made for running but can't bring myself to wear them in public.
  • gp79
    gp79 Posts: 1,799 Member
    Options
    Good stuff, you all make me laugh. I have no shame when outdoors running...in the gym it's another story. Wearing 3" inseam shorts is ok on the treadmill but then if you transition to the weight bench...they don't work so well in a seated position, or for situps for that matter!
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    The best laugh I have ever had was at a gym I was touring. A guy was doing his workout and going from machine to machine. As the sales rep and I walked up to a machine this guy starts using it. It was one that works the inside and outside of the legs. He was wearing kinda short blue shorts, and when he did his movements a bright yellow winking smiley face peeked out.... I busted out laughing, and I am sure I turned beet red. The guy just grinned and winked at me!
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    For shorter runs, I can get away with any regular athletic/soccer short. I hate running in shorts too long like basketball shorts. For my long runs, real running shorts are far more comfy. I have a regular pair of UA that are very comfortable.
    I've also found that UA sports boxer/briefs are very comfortable if you are going to run in shorts without the built in briefs.
  • MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    Any suggestions on Swim/Bike/Run combo?