Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    Probably no Hula Hoop today, too busy but did do
    55 mins. of Strength training for 271 calories this morning.:bigsmile:
    Have a great day everyone!!
  • tilee
    tilee Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Last night I did 90 mins of free step for a total of 10,775 steps..
  • Lkbaker
    Lkbaker Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I have a wii, but not wii fit, is it worth buying ??
  • MaryTheIceCube
    MaryTheIceCube Posts: 1,099 Member
    Options
    I have a wii, but not wii fit, is it worth buying ??

I really like it... I use the balance board/Wii Fit for weighing in and keeping track of progress. The workout activities are pretty good, though I tend not to use them as regular workouts, more like fun activities that get me moving a little extra. I'd say it's worth it!

Great job, everyone! Keep up the good work!
  • yportia
    yportia Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    is it worth buying ??

Hello,

I would say it depends on how you will use it. I still use mine everyday to track my weight. When I got mine I had just begun my weight loss journey and knew I needed something to motivate me. I had only been walking during my lunch break at work. I was initially disappointed because it has it's limitations - there were no great uninterrupted cardio exercises - that last more than a few minutes - until you win/unlock those and then most still seem to last only 10 minutes or so. Maybe if you stick with them they allow a longer uninterrupted work out time. But I must say it definitely got me up off the couch at night and I probably couldn't have exercised a long time anyway. As I became fit I got bored and now use the wii most nights for either dance or walking exergames purchased separately. I'm glad with this challenge that I've gotten back into looking at what is on the wii fit ‘cause they make me laugh.

Portia
  • Lkbaker
    Lkbaker Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the replys. I will probably get it. I have the wii fit game, I just need the board. I am currently doing the Slim in 6 series for my cardio and main workout, just looking to add a little something else. I need to get my butt back in the gym, since we moved it is just a longer drive and hard to motivate myself to venture out there ! :) Thanks guys!!!
  • Shirley61
    Options
    LKbaker :

I use the Wii Fit Plus and they have yoga and strength training on them. The strength training
    you can unlock for more repetitions on doing each exercise. They also have advanced
    positions you can do. That also goes for the Yoga. I don't know if you can unlock Yoga for
    longer times, but you can do advanced positions which I find challenging.
    There also have Free Step which you can do forever for aerobic exercise.
    I also have the Wii Dance 2 which is nothing but dances, that really kicks my butt.
    I use my Wii at least 30-40 mins everyday and if I'm not doing the Wii I bike, walk,
    or do DVD strength training.
  • PNCTink
    PNCTink Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join in here, though I don't know if I'll get the hour of Hula in for this week.
  • amyd03
    amyd03 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    i love the super hola hoop on wii fit plus. i can beat even my kids at it. i am going to try an get this hour in. when is the week up?
  • Shirley61
    Options
    Last night did 42 minutes Wii Aerobics for 194 calories.
    Including Hula Hoop and Super Hoola Hoop

What are we doing this week?
  • MaryTheIceCube
    MaryTheIceCube Posts: 1,099 Member
    Options
    I offer my apologies, AGAIN, for neglecting this challenge group. My fiance went out of town yesterday to attend to his recently-passed father's estate, so life's been busy busy, with preparing for his trip and now, holding down the fort at home, solo. With a 6 year old little boy and working full time, I stay busy!

If it's OK with all of you, since it's already Wednesday, let's go with a free, you-pick, kinda week... and I will be back with a new challenge on Monday, I promise!!

Thanks again for bearing with me, everyone. It means a lot.

Have a great Wednesday! :)
  • missymarea
    missymarea Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    What a great idea. I'd like to be a part of these challenges. :) My son and I love our wii! Can't wait to see what next weeks challenge is. :)
  • Shirley61
    Options
    Today Wii Yoga 38 mins. for 105 calories.
    Hope to do some Dance 2 later and will
    record if I do.:bigsmile:
  • sleepy184
    sleepy184 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I offer my apologies, AGAIN, for neglecting this challenge group. My fiance went out of town yesterday to attend to his recently-passed father's estate, so life's been busy busy, with preparing for his trip and now, holding down the fort at home, solo. With a 6 year old little boy and working full time, I stay busy!

If it's OK with all of you, since it's already Wednesday, let's go with a free, you-pick, kinda week... and I will be back with a new challenge on Monday, I promise!!

Thanks again for bearing with me, everyone. It means a lot.

Have a great Wednesday! :)
    My thoughts you you and your family at this time.

I've joined the group today as it sounds great idea:happy:
  • arosegeo
    arosegeo Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    ill be on it as much as i can
  • Shirley61
    Options
    Wii Dance 2 (14 mins. 3 songs)
    Jump in the Line
    Wake Me up Before you Go Go
    Walk Like an Egyptian
  • angelzoya519
    Options
    I love my Wii Fit Plus. I use it everyday. I so want to take part of this challenge.
    Def can count me in for sure.
  • cindyre20
    Options
    i want in too! i don't use my wii fit as much as i should. since i missed the hula challenge last week i will do that for this week, 16 minutes so far :smile:
  • jen051279
    jen051279 Posts: 44
    Options
    I want to join in starting next week witha new challenge.