2»

Replies

• AMOMONAJOURNEYTOCHANGEHERLIFE
    Options
    An apple, banana, or orange
  • mikeyrp
    mikeyrp Posts: 1,616 Member
    Options
    Best for me is to time work outs so they are at least one hour after I eat - preferably two. Then just eat whatever.

As I like to work out in the morning its normally a small bowl of porridge with fresh with fruit in it. Yum.
  • freerange
    freerange Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    Personally I don’t like to “workout” on a full stomach, I will mix my after work out protein shake before I start my workout and drink a little bit before I start just to give me a bit of a boost, and to get that protein in my system ready to start working on rebuilding those muscles ASAP. Most of what I have read says to make sure you get good high quality protein in your system within 30min after a workout for best results.

There are many things involved here though, how are you feeling before exercise, what type of exercise will you be doing, how intense, all need to be considered when deciding if you need something pre workout. Listen you your body, if you feel run down and lethargic, maybe some simple carbs are in order, maybe a good dish of complex carbs an hour or more pre workout is what you need? But for sure you need protein post workout.
  • supergirlpw
    supergirlpw Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    hmmmm...i guess it depends on how hard you work out and what you like to do. personally i LOVE spirutein protein shakes made with skim milk right before i hit the gym but i will do a big cardio workout like a four mile run or 60 minute spin class then hit a yoga class afterwards. the protein in that shake seems to keep my belly busy enough for at least a couple of hours!
    on the other hand, going straight to a yoga class it seems as if a full stomach can be really nauseating, especially doing backbends or inversions, but a little food does help with energy and eagerness to jump in. maybe an orange and some tea would be good?