Nerds Unite!

Options

Replies

• sgtinvincible
    sgtinvincible Posts: 2,559
    Options
    WOW, this thread took a turn into the realm of things I don't understand again! hahaha The role playing games!! :laugh: :laugh:

Thats OK!!!! My brother used to play D&D, so I kind of get it!!!

Yeah, I don't know if I am bright enough to be a nerd....so more of a dork or geek like J.....Man!! I hate being like J!!!!! :grumble:

That's why you are my brutha from anotha mutha!
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    WOW, this thread took a turn into the realm of things I don't understand again! hahaha The role playing games!! :laugh: :laugh:

Yeah, I don't know if I am bright enough to be a nerd....so more of a dork or geek like J.....Man!! I hate being like J!!!!! :grumble:

brutha?? You saying I'm a dude???
  • BlazinEmerald
    Options
    I like eyeballs!

horror_pizza.jpg

LOL we made Peanut Butter Eyeballs for halloween , they were AWESOME. The kids were so completely grossed out and in love with the thought of eatting an eyeball.

pb ball covered in white chocolate , the we used food coloring in more white choc to draw the iris and veins and stuff. I was so completely impressed with myself lol... yup Imma dork :tongue:
  • studentRN
    studentRN Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    :sick: Eyeballs.... YUCK!
  • sgtinvincible
    Options

Wait....you mean you aren't?
  • BlazinEmerald
    Options

Haha , my step-son and son walk around sayin this to each other all the time. It's completely true but makes me giggle at em
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options

Looks down at these rather large things attached to the front of my chest......Um.....NO!
  • sgtinvincible
    Options

Looks down at these rather large things attached to the front of my chest......Um.....NO!

Roger that.
  • BlackBeltLJ
    BlackBeltLJ Posts: 190
    Options
    I quilt, I sew, I used to can fruits (whoops that is country)...

My daughter got straight As on her report card (including her high school Geometry class, 3 "5s" and 1 "4" on her FCAT and memorizes pi for fun- she is out to the 35th digit past decimal.- She is a nerd extrodinare and she is going to be a freshman next year (only 13yo)- She and her brother argued over homozygous and heterozygous over dinner the other night...:noway:
  • cp005e
    cp005e Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    $>cd /pub
    $>more beer

hahaha. I'm still waiting for my husband to buy me a shirt of this comic:
    sandwich.png

Although I am sorely tempted by another one from that site that says:
    /Everybody stand back/
    I know regular expressions.
    -I owned a cat named Schroedinger, and a dog named Pavlov

We had a cat named Schrodinger, too! (I can't take credit, though - the fact that both my parents got their PhDs in physics and my brother liked Robert Anton Wilson probably had something to do with it!)
    -I can have entire conversations in acronyms and abbreviations when in the company of other geeks/network peoples.

Check!

Monty Python, Star Trek, Harry Potter, Bruce Campbell (especially Evil Dead II), video games, computers - check.

I'm a grammar/spelling nerd - I always notice when people use "it's" when they mean "its" or "your" when they mean "you're". It drives me nuts when I see signs or ads with bad grammar or spelling.

I ALWAYS read the contracts and user agreements and privacy policies and software licenses. Same with all that information I get every year from my employers about my benefits (and I read all my husband's stuff, too, to figure out which gets us the better deal).

I do our taxes and always figure it out both married filing jointly and separately, and also with both standard deduction and itemized.

Oh, I'm a nerd. :bigsmile:
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    I go away for a day and miss this??
    I too am a huge Monty Python fan, often quoting it to people that give me crazy looks. (they just don't know what they are missing). I watch Discovery Channel and Animal Planet all of the time. I read non fiction books. The few times I venture into fiction it is for fantasy (ie: Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings). I will sing and dance loudly when an Old School song comes on anywhere. I still say "peace in the middle east". I have been published in a book of poetry. I was editor of the literary magazine in highschool. I date guys that are nerdier than me. I talk to animals as if they were people. This could go on and on...
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    I have a Bubba Hotep Poster over my bed. Now tell me *that* isn't sexy.

keybubba1.jpg

Woah, does Manda know about that??? :huh:

No doubt, "That's just pillow talk baby" will be said many a times under this poster!
  • FitJoani
    FitJoani Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    in high school I was a standing member of my "think a thon" team. I had college classes senior year. I find mythbusters most intriguing. sudoko is fun down time for me. I enjoy jazz and forties music. I love and write poetry. I love indie films and documentaries. HMMMMM the more I think about it I may be an artist....
  • Justinstrong
    Options
    Nerd here:

I read harry potter too, and I don't think it makes you a nerd, just a good book :P

I play a lot of games and mmorpg's I've tried trials for swg, planet side, and ever quest.

I have p2p for WoW but I quit a few months back and started playing vanguard which is awesome just had a very bad start but is getting a lot more players since Aoc came out and I currently have a 27 psi right now, its a good game.

I also like movies, especially the new marvel movies I loved Iron man, The Incredible Hulk was pretty good too cannot wait for Thor and Iron man 2 though. :smile:
  • FitJoani
    FitJoani Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    I go away for a day and miss this??
    I too am a huge Monty Python fan, often quoting it to people that give me crazy looks. (they just don't know what they are missing). I watch Discovery Channel and Animal Planet all of the time. I read non fiction books. The few times I venture into fiction it is for fantasy (ie: Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings). I will sing and dance loudly when an Old School song comes on anywhere. I still say "peace in the middle east". I have been published in a book of poetry. I was editor of the literary magazine in highschool. I date guys that are nerdier than me. I talk to animals as if they were people. This could go on and on...
    oh wow today I was fishing and kept saying Fisy-o a fish a fish...and everyone around was giving me wierd looks had I not had the pole in my hand I woulda diod that hand thing!!!!
  • sgtinvincible
    Options
    Nerd here:

I read harry potter too, and I don't think it makes you a nerd, just a good book :P

I play a lot of games and mmorpg's I've tried trials for swg, planet side, and ever quest.

I have p2p for WoW but I quit a few months back and started playing vanguard which is awesome just had a very bad start but is getting a lot more players since Aoc came out and I currently have a 27 psi right now, its a good game.

I also like movies, especially the new marvel movies I loved Iron man, The Incredible Hulk was pretty good too cannot wait for Thor and Iron man 2 though. :smile:

All of you people are freakin AWESOME!!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • cp005e
    cp005e Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Nerd here:

All of you people are freakin AWESOME!!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

:drinker: Here's to the nerds!!!
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options
    I like eyeballs!

horror_pizza.jpg

LOL we made Peanut Butter Eyeballs for halloween , they were AWESOME. The kids were so completely grossed out and in love with the thought of eatting an eyeball.

pb ball covered in white chocolate , the we used food coloring in more white choc to draw the iris and veins and stuff. I was so completely impressed with myself lol... yup Imma dork :tongue:

OMG we made these too!!!! Just like this!!! LOL I did cupcakes one year with "off white" frosting. I squeezed it out of a tiny hole in a zip lock and it looked all stringy like spaghetti. Just add spiky candy balls and it's grossly too much like spaghetti! Most of the kids were so grossed out they wouldn't even touch it. I loved it.

I also make a mean mummy pizza!
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    um, my greatest nerd attribute?

well, I've read Stephen Hawking's "A Brief History in Time"

AND

(wait for it)

Not only did I understand it, I enjoyed it.

I just love string theory and quantum physics!
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options
    um, my greatest nerd attribute?

well, I've read Stephen Hawking's "A Brief History in Time"

AND

(wait for it)

Not only did I understand it, I enjoyed it.

I just love string theory and quantum physics!

22.gifcheerleader2.gif