Post your best visual portion help here!

Options
2»

Replies

• CARNAT22
    CARNAT22 Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    I find all this calorie counting excellent for my maths LOL!!!

I tend to use my daily planner to calculate but often cross reference this with nutritional info on the pack of what I am eating.

(I am a relative newbie so I am just trying to educate myself on the things I eat most often so I get used to portion control) I am very discreet - OH didn't even realise I was being so religious about it until I told him!!

Also if in doubt I always weigh my carbs (I love carbs and can happily serve myself a massive portion). Digital scale cost nothing and again my OH didn't even realise I was weighing my portion of carbs until I told him!!!

Once I get a bit more used to it all I wont be as militant ha ha!
  • alaskagrown
    alaskagrown Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Oh my gosh oh my gosh. I love this website! http://www.caloriegallery.com/foods/
  • atomiclauren
    atomiclauren Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    ^That is very neat - I like the "textures" and that you can toggle between grams and ounces...!
  • alligatorsmile
    Options
    I wonder, of all the information out there, how have people determined these visual tools? For instance, if 3 oz. meat, fish, and poultry = deck of cards, did someone/association/organization/etc weigh these and/or compare or are the majority loose estimations? I'm working on developing an infographic based on this topic. I have seen some on heart and lung association web sites but they all look rather generic. then i saw this web site: http://www.theportionplate.com/ ..It would be great if the plate showed ACTUAL sizes, or at least proportionate sizes. The cassette tape on that picture looks like a miniDV compared to the other items!
  • shanolap
    shanolap Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    ***bump***
  • TrainingWithTonya
    TrainingWithTonya Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    A few of my favorites to use with clients.

Serving_size.jpg

portion-control-297x300.jpg

77605image0.jpg

serving-size-2.jpg