Holiday challenge

Options
Hey Guys and Girls -

So today I've been sitting planning my holiday for this summer. We booked our holiday almost a year ago so excitment has started to build - for me this is the holiday of a lifetime - a 5 star resort with VIP 5 star treatment the whole way though. We leave on 1st July 2011.

I've promised myself to get in shape before the big holiday so I can enjoy all the sports activites they offer for free, and be fit enough to take part and not fall to peices after 10 minutes!

So i've set myself a challenge to lose between 30lbs - 35lbs before I leave.

Anyone else heading away this summer and want to be fitter, have the bikini body to die for or have another great incentive? Would be good to follow this challenge with other like minded people!

If I get good enough interest I will try and work out a small prize for the winner.

Name: Lynz4589
Start Weight - 222.0
Todays weight - 222.0
Weight lost - 0
% lost - 0

Replies

• LauraMcGanity
    Options
    I would love to join you - I have a holiday booked to Lanzarote leaving on July 20th:drinker:

My current weight is 200lbs and I'd dearly love to be 30 - 40lbs lighter by then.
  • kcdrake
    kcdrake Posts: 512
    Options
    That sounds like a fantastic vacation!

I don't have any real vacation plans, but I want to be able to go lay out by the pool or go to the beach and feel comfortable in a bikini for once in my life. I would like to be 150 or lower, because I've never been below that my entire adult life. So that's about 20lbs I need to lose. Ultimately, though, I want to lower my body fat % and increase muscle tone. I've never been in shape, really, so my comfort weight might be higher than 150. We shall see! My birthday is May 1st, so I think that'll be my target date.

Name: kcdrake
    Start Weight: 168
    Today's Weight: 168
    Goal Weight: 150
    Weight lost: 0
    % lost: 0
  • kcdrake
    Options
    bump

I'm betting this was posted too early for a lot of people. :)
  • lynz4589
    lynz4589 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Glad to see a few people on board already! :) Lanzarote sounds great, my holiday is actually to Tenerife so not far apart!!

Should of mentioned earlier that the challenge will end on 27th June and the winner will be whoever has lost the most % weight loss.

I always weigh in on a Sunday at home so will update my account here on a Sunday evening - its up to you when you want to weigh in but would be easier if we all weighed in on the same day?

Please also use this thread as a booster, I know the minute I start talking or thinking about my holiday I suddenly feel the need to exercise so if we keep the excitment up here then maybe it will encourage everyone :D
  • mrsb82
    mrsb82 Posts: 11
    Options
    can i please join? I would also like to loose weight, maybe about 10 pounds if i can. Not a huge amount but i'm struggling at the moment. My current weight is 152 pounds and i'm 5 foot 6. I'm hoping a group could be just the motivation i need.
  • victorianm
    Options
    Hi, This sounds good. I too am trying to lose weight for our holiday. We are going to Dubai, Bangkok and Pattaya on the 30th of may. My starting weight was 190. I'm down to 181 so far but wanna be down to 160 before we go. and then lose another 10 after we come back. Fingers crossed. Good luck to everyone on here. xxx
  • lynz4589
    Options
    welcome on board ladies :D

Just to make it a bit easier - can everyone who is joining us add the following to their post so we can keep track of everyones weekly progress :D

Name:
    Start Weight:
    Today's Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Weight lost: 0
    % lost: 0
  • kcdrake
    Options

I always weigh in on a Sunday at home so will update my account here on a Sunday evening - its up to you when you want to weigh in but would be easier if we all weighed in on the same day?

I don't really have an official log in day, so Sunday is good for me. It'll help keep me accountable over the weekend!
  • lynz4589
    Options
    Just starting this thread has had an impact on me already, forced my housemate to go for a walk with me lastnight at 9pm!! Worth it though, you come home and the house feels lovely and warm, your body is freezing, you jump into bed and add the extra 200 calories to the diary you just burnt off :D
  • LauraMcGanity
    Options
    Okay I've changed my signature ready for the off - and I shall weigh in on Sunday along with everyone else. Here's to our new bikini bodies!:drinker:
  • mrsb82
    Options
    So I have updated my signature. Can I ask what is everybody doing to try to curb the cravings? I work in an office and don't really move about alot during the day and find that I eat out of boredom mostly.
  • lynz4589
    Options
    Ladies I hate to be a pain in the bum, but just to make it more fair can we start our "weight lost" from this week? So start at 0 and have our first challenge weigh in on Sunday? Just think it might be unfair with the likes of me having already lost 18lbs and someone only starting and having lost 2 or 3lbs. Just a thought?

Curbing the cravings Mrsb82 - Ive started from lastnight, the minute I fancy cake (my weakness!) that I go for a 20 minute walk, by the time I get back Im so worn out that I all I want is a drink of water :D

I used to work in an office (technically still do but been off for 3 weeks being ill) and I used to eat out of bordem in my last job (about 2 years ago) until my manager started humiliating me shouting over the whole floor "oh look lynseys eating again" and stopped snacking! Instead now I bring loads of water to work and drink water out of bordem now lol - maybe you could try the same?
  • mrsb82
    Options
    thanks lynz4589 I'll try drinking water next time I'm bored, it's surprising how much unneccesary things i eat when i'm bored! This threads already got me motivated.
  • lynz4589
    Options
    same here - I used to buy, big "sharing" bags of sweets and chocolate before work everyday, yes I shared them with friends at my desk but everyone took their turn to bring something in and everytime there was a birthday we had cake, crisps, drinks you name it - could have easily put away an extra 1000 calories a day just on all the junk in the office!

What I do when Im at home is the minute I want some cake or something I go out for a 20 minute walk, by the time I come back Im that exhausted all I want is a large glass of water and bed! Only started this yesterday and Ive burnt an extra 700 calories (roughly) just from the extra walks at night!!

Really starting to love this thread :D

I was talking to my mum today about my holiday, Im so excited - I woke up this morning and decided to take photos in the mirror of my "starting weight" for this challenge, and was surprised I actually had a bit of "body shape" I used to be that fat I couldnt even see curves!!

I will post some photos later, I will cringe because Ive never let anyone see my actual weight but I know the humiliation will be enough to motivate me and would also love to see a difference when I do photos the week the challenge ends!!

Anyway I was talking to my mum about bikinis, cant believe I might actually be thin enough to wear one!!!!! ahhhh!
  • LauraMcGanity
    Options
    Okay, I'm ready to go - I shall upload a photo over the weekend so everyone can point and laugh:embarassed:
    Actually I'm quite glad I've got unflattering photos, it will make the "before" and "after" that much more amazing.

Oh and talking of bikinis, I AM going to be slender enough to wear one, I will make sure of that. No more full-length cossies and all-concealing sarongs and kaftans for me this summer.

But I'm not buying one just yet....
  • LauraMcGanity
    Options
    So I have updated my signature. Can I ask what is everybody doing to try to curb the cravings? I work in an office and don't really move about alot during the day and find that I eat out of boredom mostly.

I work in an office too - and I've started taking in a tupperware box of carrot sticks, cucumber sticks, cherry tomatoes and chopped celery. Even if I eat the entire box it's still less than 100 calories. And I have a 2 litre bottle of sparkling mineral water on my desk, and a packet of low calorie packet cup soups in my drawer for when the hunger pangs get to me.

That's in addition to my usual lunch - a ham sandwich, a yoghurt, a cereal bar and a piece of fruit. I look as if I'm always eating - but it's working, the weight is gradually rolling away.

Hahaha - of course today was the exception to the rule, because I left all my supplies at home, Doh!
  • lynz4589
    Options
    photos wont show up so going to try again
  • lynz4589
    Options
    as promised - excuse the dirty mirror my brother (who has been staying with me) decided to let his son rub hair gel all over it!!

photo19.jpg

photo20.jpg
    Me at 222LBS
  • LauraMcGanity
    Options
    Those are excellent 'before' pictures, I will upload mine over the weekend. Our 'after' pictures will be amazing. This is going to be good.:smile:
  • lynz4589
    Options
    I found photos of me from last year and its scary how "big" I looked even back then - at least now I have some curves - just need to get rid of the rest now!! Looking forward to everyones before / after photos.

Will definately add in my "bikini" photo from holidays too :D