Holiday challenge

Options

Replies

• Lauz_88
    Options
    Hey everyone. I'm off to Egypt in September so hoping to lose a fair amount of weight by then.
    I piled on the pounds after leaving my job as an air hostess to start work as a travel agent which involved sitting down for 8+ hours a day 5 days a week and eating cr@p all the time. My highest weight was 190 pounds last April. I started university last September and am now a student nurse. We spend 50% of our time at uni and 50% of our time on hospital wards. Since starting at the hospital i've lost 8 pounds and since joining MFP on 11th January i've lost a further 13 pounds.

Name: Laura
    Height: 5ft 9in
    Start Weight: 190
    Today's Weight: 169
    Goal Weight: 150-154
  • lynz4589
    lynz4589 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    well done on the weight loss so far Laura and welcome on board :)
  • lynz4589
    Options
    Bump - For anyone else wanting to join - theres still time!
  • LauraMcGanity
    Options
    How do I upload photos? I'm not making excuses honest:bigsmile: I genuinely want a photo of my current chubby state so I have proof of how well I have done, come July:happy:
  • lynz4589
    Options
    I uploaded mine to photobucket - then copy the "image" tab to here. Make sure the is actually in small letters so change it to[img][/img]
  • lynz4589
    Options
    well I hope you all did better on our first weigh in than I did -

+1.4LBS

I stupidly started drinking more water this week when before I hardly ever used to drink any water! Think my body has retained too much!!
  • mrsb82
    mrsb82 Posts: 11
    Options
    i did rubbish too! +1lb this week although i did go to a party on saturday night so perhaps it has something to do with the food and drinks there! I'll write it off this week and start again
  • KanCrav
    KanCrav Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    I want to play!~!~!~! I dont have a vacation planned right but my birthday is June 19th and my goal is to be in a bikini my then!~!~! I cant seem to loose any weight..lol. I got 8 pounds and now I am stuck there. I gain a pound, loose a pound.. and thats been my last few weeks.
  • lynz4589
    Options
    welcome on board KanCrav if you could fil out the following - with your start weight being todays weight :)

HOLIDAY CHALLENGE
    Name:
    Start Weight:
    Today's Weight:
    Weight lost: 0
    % lost: 0
  • lynz4589
    Options
    MrsB - Im kind of glad Im not alone this week, so downhearted about all day yesterday though beause I worked soooo hard to get a 3lb weight loss :( Just have to pick myself up this week and work extra hard!!
  • KanCrav
    KanCrav Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    HOLIDAY CHALLENGE
    Name: Kandace
    Start Weight: 162
    Today's Weight: 162
    Weight lost: 0
    % lost: 0
  • lynz4589
    Options
    need motivation people :( tried out the fitness tv channel today, thought it was a bit rubbish - the aerobics just wasnt for me, give me a cross trainer over that anyday! Going to gym tonight, but really cant afford to keep going - need some better weather so I can fix up the bike.

35lbs is still achievable but just seems so far off :(
  • mrsb82
    Options
    lynz, I'm sure we'll do better this week, we just need to find that motivation. Welcome onboard KanCrav
  • kcdrake
    kcdrake Posts: 512
    Options
    Ugh, I gained over a pound as well. Saturday was a friend's 21st birthday so I went overboard. Ugh. But here's to a new day and a new week!
  • kcdrake
    Options
    I've been steadily losing 2-ish ounces every day since Monday. I'm excited for the weigh in!
  • lynz4589
    Options
    going swimming this week with the family, will make this a more regular thing since its the only thing I seem able to do at the minute. Have bought a pre paid ticket for 18 swims ages ago and have about 8 left so looking forward to starting up again.

Hope you are all doing well this week too.

I very nearly gave up, but then remembered what a fab holiday I have to look good for!
  • mrsb82
    Options
    I've started running again this week, i gave up for the winter as it was too dark and i didn't feel safe running at night where i live as its just country lanes. Now it's getting lighter and i've started to run for about 30 mins every other night. I usually start the year like this and work up to running for an hour or so after a couple of weeks.

Glad you didn't give up lynz!
  • lynz4589
    Options
    thats great mrsb - wish I could run, maybe if I lose more weight it will be easier to run come summer time!

Anyone any exciting plans this weekend?
  • kcdrake
    Options
    Anyone any exciting plans this weekend?

My fiance and I are driving down to see our parents this weekend. His cousin just had a baby that we're going to meet, and my sister is flying in from NY on Sunday with her two kids. I'm gonna be in baby heaven! :heart: We also need to have that awkward talk with our parents to see how much money they're wiling to offer for our wedding. NOT looking forward to that conversation. :ohwell:
  • mrsb82
    Options
    we're off out with friends for a meal on saturday so i'm going to have to challenge myself to pick something healthy. Then of course we have sunday weigh in!!:wink: kcdrake enjoy your wedding planning it goes so quickly, we got married last year and i miss the planning