parking?

I am adding any type of exercise a day that I can. I am a person who tries to park as close to a store as I can. Now I am parking as far as I can. I don't do it at night if I am by myself. You can really add alot of steps to your day by doing so. Especailly in those big shopping center parking lots.

Replies

• icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    I am adding any type of exercise a day that I can. I am a person who tries to park as close to a store as I can. Now I am parking as far as I can. I don't do it at night if I am by myself. You can really add alot of steps to your day by doing so. Especailly in those big shopping center parking lots.
  • katiechakos
    katiechakos Posts: 348 Member
    icandoit, do you wear a pedometer? I got one as a free gift for something... don't remember where, but they are pretty inexpensive at any sporting goods store. I love to wear mine and see how many steps I can get in per day. I've heard a person should shoot for 10,000 steps per day, but that seems like a lot!!!! Anyway, good for you for parking far away. How are you doing with everything?
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    icandoit, do you wear a pedometer? I got one as a free gift for something... don't remember where, but they are pretty inexpensive at any sporting goods store. I love to wear mine and see how many steps I can get in per day. I've heard a person should shoot for 10,000 steps per day, but that seems like a lot!!!! Anyway, good for you for parking far away. How are you doing with everything?
    Thank you katiechakos
    No, I don't have a pedometer. I should get one. I will go check them out today when I go to Big 5. I have really been working hard. I push my self a little bit more each day. I am noticing a diffence finally. When you need to lose 80 lbs plus, it takes a while to see the diffence. I am ready for the holidays, I am doing really good about eating what is right even with all the temptations. I guess my body is not haveing the cravings like it used to. Each day is a challage and a learning experience. I am getting some friends and family involved, and it makes it easier. My husband has been great too. He works out with me 3 days a week, and he has been a great trainer.
    I hope everything is going well for you.
    Thank you for asking. Heres to 11,000 steps a day. :drinker: