Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

parking?

icandoit
icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
edited September 18 in Fitness and Exercise
I am adding any type of exercise a day that I can. I am a person who tries to park as close to a store as I can. Now I am parking as far as I can. I don't do it at night if I am by myself. You can really add alot of steps to your day by doing so. Especailly in those big shopping center parking lots.

Replies

• icandoit
    I am adding any type of exercise a day that I can. I am a person who tries to park as close to a store as I can. Now I am parking as far as I can. I don't do it at night if I am by myself. You can really add alot of steps to your day by doing so. Especailly in those big shopping center parking lots.
  • katiechakos
    katiechakos Posts: 348 Member
    icandoit, do you wear a pedometer? I got one as a free gift for something... don't remember where, but they are pretty inexpensive at any sporting goods store. I love to wear mine and see how many steps I can get in per day. I've heard a person should shoot for 10,000 steps per day, but that seems like a lot!!!! Anyway, good for you for parking far away. How are you doing with everything?
  • icandoit
    icandoit, do you wear a pedometer? I got one as a free gift for something... don't remember where, but they are pretty inexpensive at any sporting goods store. I love to wear mine and see how many steps I can get in per day. I've heard a person should shoot for 10,000 steps per day, but that seems like a lot!!!! Anyway, good for you for parking far away. How are you doing with everything?
    Thank you katiechakos
    No, I don't have a pedometer. I should get one. I will go check them out today when I go to Big 5. I have really been working hard. I push my self a little bit more each day. I am noticing a diffence finally. When you need to lose 80 lbs plus, it takes a while to see the diffence. I am ready for the holidays, I am doing really good about eating what is right even with all the temptations. I guess my body is not haveing the cravings like it used to. Each day is a challage and a learning experience. I am getting some friends and family involved, and it makes it easier. My husband has been great too. He works out with me 3 days a week, and he has been a great trainer.
    I hope everything is going well for you.
    Thank you for asking. Heres to 11,000 steps a day. :drinker:
This discussion has been closed.