June 23, Runner's Club

Options
2»

Replies

• Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    [

if someone every does happen to attack you...NEVER NEVER NEVER let them move you from where you are....big no no!! drop and kick or fight and bite...whatever you have to do....most horrible crimes happen when they abduct you....sorry to be a downer on this wonderful thread....hugs and :heart: and be safe all!!!
    Ali :ohwell:

Holy cow, Ali!

Did they find & kill the creep that did this???? :angry:
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    omg...ya know what...not that night...but I saw that bugger like 4 mths later...he was walking across the street from another area in my city...and man was he big! ....I got frozen...but made it to a payphone...again...pre cell phone days lol...and called the local police, who's station he was going to be walking by in a block or two in his direction........they told me go home we'll pick you up...45 mins later...:grumble: they were changing shifts and no one went out to check...too late....I never saw him again...and I did pick him out in a picture too...but never heard anything more about it...

Oh yes one more thing...lol...if you are in trouble...Help! doesn't work...no one looked out of their windows until the cruiser was there w/ the lights on....so yell FIRE!!!! that will get other's attention...sad but true!!

hugs and again...safety first!!!
    Ali
  • Mireille
    Mireille Posts: 5,134 Member
    Options
    OMG. Buckeyebabe. Your story sends chills down my back. I'm so glad that you are ok. How many stories have we read/heard where women are attacked and the women say, "If only I had listened to my inner voice, I just knew something wasn't right." I'm getting to a point in my life where I don't care if you think I'm crazy because I don't trust you. I have to protect myself and my fight-or-flight response is on activation! (I was in a parking deck by myself a couple months back and this man came out of nowhere. My senses were heighted as well.) Anyway, glad you are back and safe. It's a shame that we live in a world where we really can't trust people.......

I managed to eek out 3.25 miles. My shins are sore from this weekend and I just decided not to push it. I'm gonna take a few Advil and hop in the shower. I'm on baby call. My sister is scheduled to be induced for baby #2 on Wednesday, but we're hoping that nature takes its course and she (the baby) comes before then. Wish her luck!

A big shout out to everybody who has or will hit the trail today! You guys are so inspiring! :flowerforyou:

OMG...girl!!! been there!!!

so glad you're hubby was with you!!!! and always listen to that inner voice!!

i was like 21, running home at dusk near my home...just finishing my run, all I had on was shorts, a tee and my sneaks and my arm radio...this was pre ipod days LOL...okay so I finish my run, look across the street at the high school parking lot, notice a fellow who looks like my friend but no he has no dog...not him...cont on my way....THEN I happen to look around for some reason, he's all the sudden on the street across from me walking at a good pace....I turn around again...feeling um...somethings not right here...he's right behind me....I immediately turn off my music and think about running, but then say no don't be silly! ...so all the sudden he says...really low...excuse me....so I whip around and say ...yes? and he's like...oh um you have an extra cigarette? AND he's wrapping a freakin' bandanna around his hands....like almost I swear to god...he was gonna wrap it around me from behind or something...so I say...and I still can't believe I say this...."no sorry I don't smoke!" and turn to start to run and he GRABS ME!.....omg he had me in a head lock...this dude was over 6 feet and really built....he looked like a big construction worker or something....and really good looking for a scumbag! (he looked like a pal of mine...its sad to say if he looked shady I'd have probably run seeing him behind me....stupid!!!)....ANYWAY he tells me not to scream he won't hurt me...so I do my best to scream and he covers my mouth and then tells me scream again and I will kill you!!! SOOOO he starts to drag me into an alley way and I by the grace of god...I'm only 5'2"....pull his hand off my mouth w/ one hand....and w/ the other hand I reach up feel his eye sockets and scratch that bugger until he screamed and let me go!....OMG just typing it I'm getting freaked out again! .....

I ran away into the middle of the street and a van was coming and I said...help...and the guy looked at him...looked at me...and freakin' swerved around me...probably thinking we were fooling around or he was my boyfriend...he didn't look shady, he was really hot for a scumbag...ick!...anyway!....sigh...so I bolted down my street to my house and he must have decided not to follow as I was screaming bloody murder and HELP on the way home....it haunted me for YEARS I'm still super jumpy and I TRUST MY INSTINCTS!!!

never run alone ladies or if you do NO HEADPHONES!....ugh...brought back a lot of junk just then LOL...
    OH funny thing is they were filming Cops where I lived...and when the cops came after I called when I got home...the whole film crew came....my dad (rest his soul)was home by then said...GIVE ME 5 MINS ALONE W/ THAT B@ST@RD LOL...good o' dad!:heart:

whew that was like therapy...but soooo glad you're okay girl...AND

if someone every does happen to attack you...NEVER NEVER NEVER let them move you from where you are....big no no!! drop and kick or fight and bite...whatever you have to do....most horrible crimes happen when they abduct you....sorry to be a downer on this wonderful thread....hugs and :heart: and be safe all!!!
    Ali :ohwell:

Holy shyte!
    This brought tears to my eyes. I am so happy you got away! I can't imagine how scared you were. Hugs for you.
    I have been much more aware lately. This van with this old man drives by me every morning when I run. I know where he lives and I know his license plate. I think he's harmless and goes out to get his coffee every morning but still, you never know.
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options

Holy shyte!
    This brought tears to my eyes. I am so happy you got away! I can't imagine how scared you were. Hugs for you.
    I have been much more aware lately. This van with this old man drives by me every morning when I run. I know where he lives and I know his license plate. I think he's harmless and goes out to get his coffee every morning but still, you never know.

yes girl you never know!!! its the ones you never suspect sometimes....ugh so scary...look at ted bundy...omg before I learned about him I'd have helped some poor guy in a cast dropping books to his car...NOW...I'm like...ah okay...bring your car HERE in front of the STORE where people are...I'll wait w/ them till you get back...here ...where people are! lol...you get smart the more you are aware...

HUGS!
    Ali
  • jdtrainer
    jdtrainer Posts: 160
    Options
    It is a rest day for me after my long run yesterday. I was feeling ambtious this morning and thought I might run tonight. After being on my feet all day I have definitely changed my mind!!

Way to go to all of you who have already run, and good running to anyone running this evening.
  • alimassa
    alimassa Posts: 275
    Options
    Today I did not run....but this is my first time back on line since my 5k race Saturday morning...just thought I would share that I place 3rd in the women!! 24 40 for my time.....got beat by a 13 yr old. lol

Happy Running...

Ali
  • pmkelly409
    pmkelly409 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    Today I did not run....but this is my first time back on line since my 5k race Saturday morning...just thought I would share that I place 3rd in the women!! 24 40 for my time.....got beat by a 13 yr old. lol

Happy Running...

Ali

Wow Ali!! that is phenomenal time!! NICE JOB!!! Hope you celebrated that - you deserve it!! I seem to recall that was your first race, right!??! When you come in third in your first race means you are ready for the 10K!!! Setting the bar ever higher lady!! :bigsmile:
    Seriously, that is so great!! Congrats!!
    Tricia :drinker: