Last 10 lb CHALLENGE!!! Ladies - what's going on?

Options
AJCM
AJCM Posts: 2,169 Member
Hey!!

Where is everyone?
It's a new week, where do we all stand? Still trying to get the last 10 off?

I'm still sitting at ** 7 ** to go!

My plan this week:
20 minute run in the mornings
Jillian Michael's Shred DVD in the evening
400 crunches
Stick to calories with lots of fruit and veg

What are you guys doing this week?
:flowerforyou:

Replies

• AJCM
    Options
    Hey!!

Where is everyone?
    It's a new week, where do we all stand? Still trying to get the last 10 off?

I'm still sitting at ** 7 ** to go!

My plan this week:
    20 minute run in the mornings
    Jillian Michael's Shred DVD in the evening
    400 crunches
    Stick to calories with lots of fruit and veg

What are you guys doing this week?
  • zen68
    zen68 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I have 10 pounds to go and they NEED t be off by Spetember.

I have a pretty good routine going for me but sometimes nursing school makes me eat naughty things...

I eat only one good carb a day and I have increased my veg and fruit intake.
    I exercise everyday 5 heavy days and 2 lite days.

So, I need uptake on the crunces myself and some free weights......
  • AJCM
    Options
    I have 10 pounds to go and they NEED t be off by Spetember.

I have a pretty good routine going for me but sometimes nursing school makes me eat naughty things...

I eat only one good carb a day and I have increased my veg and fruit intake.
    I exercise everyday 5 heavy days and 2 lite days.

So, I need uptake on the crunces myself and some free weights......

Hey! Glad you will join us! We had quite a crew going, but slowly, everyone has disappeared!
    :ohwell:
  • rogers8702
    rogers8702 Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    im at 7 to go still to--but hey its only been 2 weeks right? or is it 3?

i hope everyone is doing well!!! :happy:
  • AJCM
    Options
    im at 7 to go still to--but hey its only been 2 weeks right? or is it 3?

i hope everyone is doing well!!! :happy:

Hello!!! 7lbs is nothing girl! We can do this, right??? Let's have a great week! What are you going to be doing?
  • kellch
    kellch Posts: 7,849 Member
    Options
    double post sorry...:bigsmile:
  • 2Shoes
    2Shoes Posts: 396
    Options
    Have y'all read Making the Cut by Jillian Michaels. It's for the last few pound you are trying to lose. I checked it out on Amazon, and the reviews for the book is outstanding. It might be something to look into. I have a long ways to go before I get to make that purchase!!!
  • pmkelly409
    pmkelly409 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    I am still here! Could not post much last week due to busy work schedule.

I am down another pound! so that is 2 lbs in 6 weeks :grumble: but down is at least in the right direction and I am PMS'ing right now so I should have shown an increase due to water weight ?

But I did zig and zag slightly more than usual last week mostly due to my work schedule. I also varied my workout schedule. So week looked like this:
    Monday - 2.5 miles / 1450 calories
    Tuesday - strength training - 1 hour BodyPump class / 1250 calories (oops! that was a little low, huh?)
    Wednesday - 3 miles interval training fast pace / 1500 calories
    Thursday - XT on Elliptical 45 minutes / 1400 calories (this is approx b/c lunch was ordered out)
    Friday - rest day / lots of empty calories - fast food for lunch, beer and fried cheese for dinner! easily 1800 calories or more!!

Good Luck to everyone this week!
  • zen68
    zen68 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    2shoes....I want those shoes in your pic. I have over 100 pair but not those....
  • 2Shoes
    2Shoes Posts: 396
    Options
    2shoes....I want those shoes in your pic. I have over 100 pair but not those....

OMG , I SOOOO want them. I love them. I am hoping by the time I get them, they will still be in style!!!!

Did you see the other shoes in my profile. His Ruby Slippers........ahhh, only the most expensive shoes ever (at one time -I don't know if they still are) *swoon :heart: :heart: *
  • kellch
    kellch Posts: 7,849 Member
    Options
    Wellll...I hit a plateau for a bit. But today I was down a pound, so hopefully I'm over that plateau. I have 6 more to go to hit my 10lbs. Then I want to work on toning up that flab...:laugh: :laugh:
    Plan:
    Walk dog: 15 minutes in am and 45 minutes after work (about 3-4 miles total) every day
    Lunch walk: 20 minutes
    Gilad's total body sculpt: 30 minutes Mon thru Fri after work
    Tae Bo Amped: Fat Burn Accelorator, Jump Start Cardio, and Full Throttle (one each day Mon thru Saturday)
    And stick to the calories...and with all those workouts, I feel like I'm eating alot. But I'm keepin it health (most of the time...:laugh: )

I love it...I'm addicted to working out. Never thought I'd hear myself say that. But I love it....Although I do feel like someone kicked the crap out of me...:laugh:
  • psuastro97
    psuastro97 Posts: 125
    Options
    is it too late yo join you all in the 10lb challenge? i would love to lose 10 pounds by September, if not sooner. Have a wedding in early october (i'm a bridesmaid) and would love to lose weight (with time to have the dress altered). right now it is a perfect fit, but i'd love to be thin and in shape!!!!

So, starting today, i have 10 pounds to lose.
  • AJCM
    Options
    Have y'all read Making the Cut by Jillian Michaels. It's for the last few pound you are trying to lose. I checked it out on Amazon, and the reviews for the book is outstanding. It might be something to look into. I have a long ways to go before I get to make that purchase!!!

Yeah, I've checked it out (didn't we discuss this a couple of weeks back on this board??? I could be confused). It is a pretty strict and crazy diet (e.g. 1 hard boiled egg for brekky). I'm hoping to lose these last few pounds living a "normal" life. If I'm going to keep it off, I have to lose it by doing something I can do forever. I think it does get amazing results though. She says that you can use the diet for a big event or something that you want to lose weight quickly for.

Thanks for thinking of us and posting!
  • AJCM
    Options

I am down another pound! so that is 2 lbs in 6 weeks :grumble: but down is at least in the right direction and I am PMS'ing right now so I should have shown an increase due to water weight ?

But I did zig and zag slightly more than usual last week mostly due to my work schedule. I also varied my workout schedule. So week looked like this:
    Tuesday - strength training - 1 hour BodyPump class / 1250 calories (oops! that was a little low, huh?)
    Thursday - XT on Elliptical 45 minutes / 1400 calories (this is approx b/c lunch was ordered out)
    Friday - rest day / lots of empty calories - fast food for lunch, beer and fried cheese for dinner! easily 1800 calories or more!!

This is AWESOME!!!! And you workouts are serious - wow! Are you working out at Good Life Fitness by chance??? We have a Body Pump class there.

I loved your Friday btw - lol!
  • AJCM
    Options
    Wellll...I hit a plateau for a bit. But today I was down a pound, so hopefully I'm over that plateau. I have 6 more to go to hit my 10lbs. Then I want to work on toning up that flab...:laugh: :laugh:
    Plan:
    Walk dog: 15 minutes in am and 45 minutes after work (about 3-4 miles total) every day
    Lunch walk: 20 minutes
    Gilad's total body sculpt: 30 minutes Mon thru Fri after work
    Tae Bo Amped: Fat Burn Accelorator, Jump Start Cardio, and Full Throttle (one each day Mon thru Saturday)
    And stick to the calories...and with all those workouts, I feel like I'm eating alot. But I'm keepin it health (most of the time...:laugh: )

I love it...I'm addicted to working out. Never thought I'd hear myself say that. But I love it....Although I do feel like someone kicked the crap out of me...:laugh:

Sounds great! Only 6lbs left!?!?!?! YOU CAN DO IT!!!!
  • AJCM
    Options
    is it too late yo join you all in the 10lb challenge? i would love to lose 10 pounds by September, if not sooner. Have a wedding in early october (i'm a bridesmaid) and would love to lose weight (with time to have the dress altered). right now it is a perfect fit, but i'd love to be thin and in shape!!!!

So, starting today, i have 10 pounds to lose.

Join us! Post as little or as much detail about your plan ( I love reading everyone's plans and getting ideas!). You will lose 10lbs by your October event no problem!!!
    Welcome!
  • pmkelly409
    Options

This is AWESOME!!!! And you workouts are serious - wow! Are you working out at Good Life Fitness by chance??? We have a Body Pump class there.

No, I go to Gold's Gym. It is actually called BodyWorks there, but BodyPump seems to be the more universally recognized name so I just say that!

You know what is great about these workouts - they are so varied that I am not bored, I am never so sore that I cannot face the next day and I can push myself harder each week in each one...

The downside is my husband misses me! Awwwww....but I tell myself that he needs to get on board too! and if I stick with it perhaps one day he will give in and join me!
  • AJCM
    Options

No, I go to Gold's Gym. It is actually called BodyWorks there, but BodyPump seems to be the more universally recognized name so I just say that!

You know what is great about these workouts - they are so varied that I am not bored, I am never so sore that I cannot face the next day and I can push myself harder each week in each one...

The downside is my husband misses me! Awwwww....but I tell myself that he needs to get on board too! and if I stick with it perhaps one day he will give in and join me!

Oh, is hubby not on board??? Tell him to get in!!! My husband was really supportive (he was already slender) but he's started working out again, doing the crunch challenge, and the boy has a six pack again! It's been great for both of us...mmmm....hmmmm.... :tongue: :tongue: :tongue:
  • pmkelly409
    Options

Oh, is hubby not on board??? Tell him to get in!!! My husband was really supportive (he was already slender) but he's started working out again, doing the crunch challenge, and the boy has a six pack again! It's been great for both of us...mmmm....hmmmm.... :tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

Hubby unfortunately has YEARS of excuses to work through - he has never been athletic or healthy and the worst part is he is diabetic (type 1) - so he of all people needs to be on board. Over the years I have slowly changed some of his bad habits. Most recently I stopped buying Diet soda so he will drink more water. He never gets steak anymore which is a biggie for him!! No more chips, only pretzels! He chooses Subway for lunch more often than not. This week I am going to introduce him to the treadmill and get him started on the Couch Potato to 5K training program...we shall see what happens! Either he gets it or I might be divorced! :laugh:
  • AJCM
    Options
    [/quote]

Hubby unfortunately has YEARS of excuses to work through - he has never been athletic or healthy and the worst part is he is diabetic (type 1) - so he of all people needs to be on board. Over the years I have slowly changed some of his bad habits. Most recently I stopped buying Diet soda so he will drink more water. He never gets steak anymore which is a biggie for him!! No more chips, only pretzels! He chooses Subway for lunch more often than not. This week I am going to introduce him to the treadmill and get him started on the Couch Potato to 5K training program...we shall see what happens! Either he gets it or I might be divorced! :laugh:
    [/quote]

Look at how clever you are girl... very good... little sneaky things to get him healthier! You're a good wife! :flowerforyou: :wink:

I've been trying that with the kids, "But they don't make Oreo cookies anymore! I know it IS strange!"