Breakfast help pleaseeee

Options
For breakfast I usually have one egg and one egg white scrambled. I usually work out in the morning so this gets me through - as some things dont seem to. Im getting bored with eggs and I need suggestions as to other somewhat healthy things to eat for breakfast. I find that if i eat cereal or oatmeal I load in the sugar to make it taste like something (ooops) ANY ADVICE?!

Replies

• kate205gti
    kate205gti Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    i have porridge made with strawberry protein shake and raspberries or blackberries - the raspberries kind of explode in the microwave and make it taste sweet and yummy :)
  • nicole00lynn
    Options
    i have porridge made with strawberry protein shake and raspberries or blackberries - the raspberries kind of explode in the microwave and make it taste sweet and yummy :)

that does sound good! im all for a warm breakfast :) is it just like a protein shake that you buy in the store? or one that you order offline?
  • ChRiStA_1983
    ChRiStA_1983 Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Try Quaker Weight Control oatmeal in Maple & Brown Sugar flavor...I'm the same as you...I can't stand regular-tasting oatmeal, and I tend to load it with sugar or brown sugar.

This Weight Control one (particularly the maple) already has enough sugar flavor that I only add 1/2 a teaspoon (if that!) and it's PERFECT!

I literally eat it every morning for breakfast!
  • sarahtroupe
    Options
    How about a protein shake and a piece of fruit....
  • shaunarlr83
    shaunarlr83 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    i used to load on the sugar too and butter in my oatmeal, I started eating frosted shredded wheat or other already sweetened cereal, after a while I didn't want the sugar anymore, but I do however add one tablespoon to my oatmeal, grits, rice and grape nuts lol!!!!
  • anna_b1
    anna_b1 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    How about cereal with milk or yogurt? Or yogurt and fruit? Toast with peanut butter is nice too.
  • Barelmy
    Barelmy Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    I love homemade baked beans. They're so much more flavourful than the ones from a tin.

There's a recipe on my blog. --> http://vegan20eleven.blogspot.com/2011/01/baked-beans-on-toast.html

That serves four, and you can get away with using one tablespoon, or maybe even half a tablespoon of oil.
  • lilcrittert
    Options
    I'm not a big breakfast eater, so I eat Chobani yogurt. It has a lot of protein and no refined sugar. It's sweetened with cane juice....140 calories, 0 fat. Lots of flavor, curbs appetite.
  • radicalreader
    radicalreader Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    1/3 cup irish oatmeal cooked in 2/3 cup water with either 1/4 cup of dried fruit or 1 cup of frozen berries
    200 calories.
    Very filling.
    Sweet enough from the fruit that no additional sugar is needed.
  • girlofsun26
    girlofsun26 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    What about Granola and Yogurt? And add some fruit! Yumm!
  • lushy20
    lushy20 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    i usually have a low fat yogurt and a cereal bar, if you find your loading on the sugar unto cereals maybe try switching to a sweetner?
  • yvonnej1
    yvonnej1 Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    I second the porridge idea. I currently buy sachets of porridge with dried fruit already added. My favourite is cranberry and raspberry but I also add a handful of fresh blueberries for some extra interest - I love the way they burst and make purple juice. I find I have much more energy to last until I next eat. Also had a bowl as a snack today a couple of hours before my circuit training class and felt great the whole way through so I'll try it again.
  • alexmommy
    alexmommy Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I eat a sandwich with a piece of whole wheat bread, 2 slices of turkey bacon (my weakness!), and a slice of 2% american cheese. Love it! And only 150 calories!
  • Birdnicaj
    Options
    Think out of the box - who says you have to have a breakfast food per say? Have a lean turkey sandwich, apple with peanut butter or tuna and whole wheat .... for example :-)

PS YOGURTS
  • Panda86
    Panda86 Posts: 873
    Options
    Oatmeal with peanut butter; oatmeal with Sun Crystals, skim milk, and cinnamon. Smoothies with or without protein powder, fruit, yogurt and spinach (no, you honestly can't taste the spinach at all). Fried egg with cheese on whole wheat english muffin. Fat Free Vanilla yogurt topped with granola. Those are some of the things I eat for breakfast :)
  • lutzsher
    lutzsher Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    I put a cup of berries in my oatmeal along with a tablespoon of cinnamon, don't even notice the lack of any sweetner as the berries are enough.
  • Johanna138
    Options
    Breakfast is the best meal since there are soo many low cal options out there.
    I like to have some flax seed waffles (usually 170 cals for 2) with a morning star meatless sausage (usualy 80 cals for 2) and a 1/4 cup of sugar free maple syrup. Delicious.

Also if you find yourself loading up your oatmeal with sugar (which isn't good since sugar doesn't help our metabolism and prevents us from burning fat) you may want to buy your favorite sugar free fruit jam or preserve. I like guava. I'll put a tablespoon of that in my oatmeal and mix it in.

You can make a low cal breakfast burrito with egg whites and soyrizo (meatless chorizo), or a low cal breakfast sandwich (low cal english muffin whole wheat, w/ egg whites, cheese, and lean ham).

Good Luck, get creative.
  • natfrolova
    Options
    I have a sandwich with a piece of sprouted bread and 1 Tbsp of raw nut butter. It's tasty, full of protein, and will cost you only 160 calories.
  • gangstagirl625
    gangstagirl625 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    if you get the right cereal u dont need sugar. i really like to eat hearts o flakes blueberry clusters its by kashi it really good and it keeps me full all day well til at least lunch lol. 1cup of that and 1/2cup skim milk only 245 calories\
  • kate205gti
    kate205gti Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    that does sound good! im all for a warm breakfast :) is it just like a protein shake that you buy in the store? or one that you order offline?

I just buy the tubs of protein powder and mix 2 scoops up with water and maybe some milk depending on the powder in a shaker then pour it on the porridge oats mix it together and chuck the raspberries on top before zapping it :)