breakfast ideas for lazy people (ie. me)

Options
2»

Replies

• sharper43
    Options
    This morning I tried one of these Jimmy Dean D-Lights Turkey Sausage, Egg and Cheese in an english muffin. Popped it in the microwave, wrapped it in a paper towel and ate it in the car, on the way to work. It was pretty good, but the muffin was a little on the chewy side. It's a keeper. 4 of these come in a box, 260 cals each. find them in the frozen breakfast section

http://jimmydean.com/default.aspx
  • sharper43
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your fantastic ideas, it's good to know there are other lazy bones's out there. ;)

One thing though, I think I might need a U.S.-Australian dictionary or some kind of interpreter as some of these foods sound very mysterious to me! Egg beaters? (these are a kitchen utensil where I come from).. steel-cut oats? (sounds dangerous!).. and my absolute favourite - Pam.. ?!? The only Pam I know is a lady I work with. Ha ha! I don't know how she'd feel about being sprayed onto things. :laugh:

Anyway, thanks again. :)

LOL! Oh... Egg Beaters is a brand name. It's a carton of egg whites you can buy. Pam is also a brand name of non-stick cooking spray.
  • Dom82
    Dom82 Posts: 235
    Options
    Radarseven- I'll translate for ya :wink:

Egg Beaters- frozen egg whites..check out coles freezer section

Steel Cut oats- check health food isle..normally hidden at bottom of shelf

Pam- cooking spray haha

I just eat cereal in the mornings. eat at work too LOL if i get bored of one cereal i buy a different flavour. :blushing:
  • NikkiJ17
    NikkiJ17 Posts: 295
    Options
    Bump!!!
  • NikkiJ17
    NikkiJ17 Posts: 295
    Options
    Bump!!!
  • radarseven
    radarseven Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Radarseven- I'll translate for ya :wink:

Thanks Dom. :)
  • finabella
    Options
    I'm normally running out the door so I have some good quality yoghurt in the fridge eg Gippsland Yoghurt. It's thick and creamy (not like the yoplait yoghurts) and comes in so many different flavours my to favorites are Apple and cinnamon or Passionfruit. I sometimes add fruit to it as well.
    Boil a few eggs when making dinner and put them in the fridge to grab in the morning.
    Uncle toby's Bodywise bars are good as well when your running out the door. Slices of ham are good too.

I'm glad you asked for item translations before as I was trying to figure out how the hell you eat egg beaters when there made out of steel LOL.:happy:
  • Dfarver
    Options
    Do you like chocolate pudding? Putting 1/2 to 1 teaspoon of cocoa powder in plain greek yogurt tastes an awful lot like pudding. Add a little artificial sweetener and it's even more like pudding. Higher in protein, less carbs, calories, and fat. I also make a few hard boiled eggs and keep the in the refrigerator - then slice one in half in the morning, microwave it for 25 seconds with a quarter slice of bacon and a slice of mushroom on each half. A slice of toast with peanut butter or piece of fruit and you've got a pretty balanced breakfast. Filling, tastes good, and good for you.

I know what you mean about time slowing down, but it is offset by my job, which just seems like there is never enough time in the day to get everything done.