Want to run, but embarrassed

Options
13»

Replies

• Firewhirrrl
    Options
    Yeah. I got some advice.

1. Run at dusk or dawn with a flashlight.
    No one can see you but shake, or your thighs slap, or notice how your outfit keeps going up our *kitten*.

No one can tell how far you have gone before you walk.

2. Walking between your running has proven to help you increase your running, while providing you with recovery periods.

So: ( after your warm up) jog for 1 min, then walk for 1.5 min.

Alternate this for 8 repetitions. That's a workout.

Do this till it gets easy. Then lower your walk time to jog 1 min, walk 1 min.
    Till this gets easy, then jog 1.5 mins, walk 1 min till it gets easy.

And so on and so on... Inch your way through it.
  • kayelkay
    Options
    People will probably look at you, but it will be because they are thinking "good for her! I wish i had the motivation to do that!"
  • zorbaru
    zorbaru Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    when i was playing under 17s cricket, the team used to call me chicken man due to the way i ran. so i know i look like a fool when i run. but i dont give a rats.

when i started running last year, the first time out i pumped out an entire 500m before i had to start walking and it took me 27:30 to complete 3km.

on saturday i pumped out 3km before i had to start walking (did 4km total) and my best time over 3km is 19:50.
  • TakeOne
    TakeOne Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    I kinda feel the same way to be honest. I only like to run with my good friend who unfortunately lives 2hrs away now... Let's be running partners! :flowerforyou: We could totally motivate each other! I say the same thing about people not knowing how far you have run..lol
  • emchamberlain
    emchamberlain Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I go out there and run in three bras because my boobs are so big...who cares? You can do it!

I just started reading "Running for Mortals" which is a great, inspiring body-positive book.