Gym Dress at the Gym?! What do you wear?

Options

Replies

• karenyg
    Options
    Now that is the craziest thing I have ever heard. I wear my sports tank top, I even wear my tank top that says "Sexy After 40" shorts, yoga pants and matching top. every now and then I may wear a t-shirt because I want too.
  • mallorybriann
    mallorybriann Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    I hate women's workout clothing, so I usually wear men's pants and a t-shirt lol.
  • Sp1nGoddess
    Sp1nGoddess Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    DRESS CODE at the GYM? As long as your bits are covered who cares? I personally can't stand to workout in a T- shirt - I wear a fitted tank top and yoga pants or capris. If running I wear my running tank and shorts, running skirt or running tights. I've seen people wearing all kinds of things, even jeans!
  • bshedwick
    bshedwick Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    I'm a creature of habit, so I almost always wear some sort of dry-fit tshirt and athletic shorts. And I always wear my heart rate monitor.
  • gatorgirl7
    gatorgirl7 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    shorts, dry fit shirt, aasics, and my HRM. i hate wearing cotton (i live in florida...way too hot for that!)
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Either loose-fitting running shorts, lycra bike shorts, capris or if it's cold, track pants. On top, either a regular tee or a wicking tee. Only rarely do I wear a tank, because a lot of times I don't shower before I hit the gym since I'm just going to get all sweaty and gross anyway, and I have a 5 o'clock shadow in my armpits. :blushing:
  • Puffins1958
    Puffins1958 Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    I usually wear men's shorts, so they are never tight. I wear a t-shirt and sneakers. That's about it.....

12117749.png
  • shamr0ck
    shamr0ck Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Depends on what body part i'm working, since i like to be able to see what's going on. Usually a racerback top with shelf bra, shorts or yoga pants, and Vibrams.
  • Jacquelyn913
    Jacquelyn913 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Always black pants, I refuse to wear any other color gym pants, and I have a bunch of handmade tye dies that I wear, plus band tee's etc.
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    I would die of overheating if I had to wear anything with sleeves in a mega treadmill session or tough class.

Having said that, most of the time I wear a wicking t-shirt with shorts, capris or a skort. I cover up most in Body Pump as I don't want anything to pop out when I'm bending over! :blushing:

However, for a sprint intervals session, I quite often wear a cropped-top style bra so I can take my t-shirt off and get some recirculated air to my hot and sweaty body. I try not to meet anyone's eyes out of flab shame! I'm very careful to mop up anything that would otherwise drip :sick:
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    I wear capris/shorts, and a moisture wicking tee shirt.. always.

I have one tank top with a built in shelf bra and I think I wore it once.. I don't know, but something about not having sleeves creeps me out!
  • Crystal_R84
    Crystal_R84 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I like to sweat so I wear yoga pants, long sleeve, and a hoodie. Plus it minimizes the places where my body touches the gross gym equipment! lol
  • Classalete
    Classalete Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    Anytime I'm in public, I'm compelled to dress clean and presentably.

I cycle between my 10-20 underarmour loose fitting heat gear tees, and a pair of shoes and shorts that complement the attire. Brands gotta match, colors have to be fresh, attire must be wrinkle free and form fitting.
  • debussyschild
    debussyschild Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    Banning tank tops from a gym? What?!?! All the body builders who love to show off their muscles would never come back, lol!

Maybe it's a hygiene concern, or something. Not baring all is a good idea, since gyms tend to be pretty riddled with bacteria and other nasty stuff. However, no spandex in the gym is ludicrous. Anything that helps you stay dry or dry faster is better for keeping things like ringworm and or bacteria from festering on your skin while you workout. Gyms are nasty, period.

I wear different things depending on my workout. I LOVE my UA compression bra for running/high intensity stuff along with my UA heat gear tank and capris. I like my PINK yoga pants, tank, and Champion lighter-duty sports bra when I'm doing easy cardio, like the stationary bike.
  • debussyschild
    debussyschild Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    I usually where a leather bananna hammock, leather knee high boots with silver spikes on the knees, and my spiked "Road Warrior" shoulder pads.

Why haven't I seen you at MY gym, lol!!
  • kschr201
    kschr201 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Was wondering what you wear to the gym? Just read a post on here about a gym having a dress code where tank tops and spandex are not allowed. Are you kidding me? That is just ridiculous! And while I don't think people should be working out in bathing suits either, no tank tops (only t-shirts) is a ridiculous dress code. They even have extra t-shirts if you forget yours?! I would not wear that to the gym.

That being said, my typical workout gear includes Nike dri-fit tank with built-in support bra, Nike black dri-fit spandex type low rise pants that are loose around the ankles, ankle socks and sneakers of course.

I've heard about that a lot. My school gym has the same rules. They basically want to minimize skin contact with equipment to prevent the spread of staph, MRSA, and all those other nasties.

So its some fitted t shirts and spandex pants (the spandex shorts are what's not allowed here), or just regular gym shorts
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    No tank tops? Nearly all my gym tops are tanks with built in bras. If I'm going to sweat like that, I'd like to be as comfortable as possible!
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    I wear super cute workout apparel; Nike or Adidas. Luv any pants that flatter the booty; yoga pants. Even my headphones are cute. Mine are big Skullcandy headphones that cover your ear with that Paul Frank monkey on the sides of them. If it's not cute I won't wear it. :noway:
  • kyle4jem
    kyle4jem Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    I wear speedos and nothing else!

Well it's hard to swim in T-shirt, shorts and trainers :laugh:
  • dendra7
    dendra7 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Underwear ALWAYS underwear....So many people seem to forget theirs :frown: Usually something from Walmart Danskin brand :happy:

Some of us prefer to not wear them during a workout. I was an avid 'wearer' and had to be seriously convinced. A couple of 'free' workouts and I was sold. All they do is sop up the sweat and hold it next to your body... instead of letting it evaporate or be 'wicked' up by your dri-weave clothes.

I usually have on a super cute Jazzercise top (which is ALWAYS a tank of sorts) and some type of legging/capri/yoga pant and my socks always match my shoes. Dancing around in sweat pants and a big t-shirt would make me feel even heavier. And loose gym shorts would show off my bits during certain moves. If my children hadn't scarred my abdomen, I would totally shake it in a bra top. Why not? You earned it- enjoy.