PB2 or pwdered peanut butter?????

Options
I have read a lot of posts that mention this PB2 or powdered form of peanut butter that is super low in calories. I don't know where to find any to buy other than ordering it online. I live in North Texas, can anyone help me find this stuff? Thanks in advance!

Replies

• Nataliethin81
    Options
    I ordered mine from here. I'm not sure you can buy it the store but I could be wrong.

http://www.bellplantation.com/
  • WhiteStar2351
    Options
    I would recommend against it - it's very high in sugar! Natural Organic Peanut butter is a good source of healthy fats in the diet - the dried stuff removes all those healthy fats and replaces them with sugar - the overall calories may be slightly lower but the general nutritional quality is worthless. Stick with the natural stuff!
  • AngelaTucker
    AngelaTucker Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I ordered mine from the website because it is not sold anywhere near me. Go to the bellplantation website to order or find out where it is in stores.
  • merebear
    merebear Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I would recommend against it - it's very high in sugar! Natural Organic Peanut butter is a good source of healthy fats in the diet - the dried stuff removes all those healthy fats and replaces them with sugar - the overall calories may be slightly lower but the general nutritional quality is worthless. Stick with the natural stuff!

I decided to look at the nutritional info because I do realize that the "real stuff" has good nutritional value, but I looked at the PB2 and it only has 1 gram of sugar....
    Calories: 45
    Calories from fat: 13
    Total fat: 1.5 g 2%
    Saturated fat: 0 g 0%
    Trans fat: <0.01 g
    Cholesterol: <0.01 mg 0%
    Sodium: 94 mg 4%
    Total carbohydrates: 5 g 2%
    Dietary fiber: 2 g 8%
    Sugars: 1 g
    Protein: 5 g
    Vitamin A: <1%
    Vitamin C: 0%
    Calcium: <1%
    Iron: 0%
  • banana1999
    banana1999 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Went and looked up the nutrition facts. I didn't see a ton of sugar, looks low sugar to me.

Nutrition facts:

PB2: Powdered Peanut Butter
    Ingredients: Roasted peanuts, sugar and salt.
    Serving size: 2 Tablespoons (12 grams)
    Servings per container: 15
    Amount per 2 Tablespoon serving (when mixed with water):

Value and % Daily Value*

Total fat 1.5 g 3%
    Saturated fat 0 g 0%
    Trans fat < 0.01 g
    Cholesterol < 0.01 mg 0%
    Sodium 94 mg 4%
    Total carbohydrate 5 g 2%
    Dietary fiber 2 g 8%
    Sugars 1 g
    Protein 5 g
    Vitamin A < 1%
    Vitamin C 0%
    Calcium <1%
    Iron 0%

*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.

Chocolate PB2
    Ingredients: Roasted peanuts, cocoa powder, sugar and salt.
    Serving size: 2 Tablespoons (12 grams)
    Servings per container: 15
    Amount per 2 Tablespoon serving (when mixed with water):
    Calories from fat: 10

Value and % Daily Value*

Total fat 1 g 1.5%
    Saturated fat 0 g 0%
    Trans fat <0.01 g
    Cholesterol <0.01 mg 0%
    Sodium 70 mg 3%
    Total carbohydrate 6 g 2%
    Dietary fiber 1 g 4%
    Sugars 3 g
    Protein 4 g
    Vitamin A <1%
    Vitamin C 0%
    Calcium <1%
    Iron 2%

Roasted Peanut Oil
    Serving size: 1 Tablespoon
    Servings per container: 17
    Amount per 1 Tablespoon serving:
    Calories: 120
    Calories from fat: 120

Value and % Daily Value*

Total fat 14 g 22%
    Saturated fat 3 g 11%
    Trans fat <0.01 g
    Polyunsaturated fat 5 g
    Monounsaturated fat 6 g
    Cholesterol 0 mg 0%
    Sodium 0 mg 0%
    Total carbohydrate 0 g 0%
    Sugars 0 g
    Protein 0 g
    Vitamin A 0%
    Vitamin C 0%
    Calcium 0%
    Iron 0%

*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
    **Peanut oil contains peanut proteins.
  • banana1999
    Options
    That's funny, we both posted that a the same time! :)
  • WhiteStar2351
    Options
    Remember that ANY carbohydrate is a sugar and is treated as such by the body. The individual 'sugar' listed is actually a 'simple' sugar. Diet, low fat, or low sugar options are rarely good for you as they will be full of either saturated fat (low sugar), sugar (low fat) or chemicals (diet).

By all means use powdered peanut butter, but remember that its defunct when it comes to nutritional value and its the nutrients in a food type that your body requires to function efficiently, not the calorie/macronutrient split. To highlight the point - a bowl of porridge has a similar calorific and macronutrient split to a bar of chocolate - which one is better for you? :wink:
  • merebear
    merebear Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Okay, I just HAVE to say this....All I asked was if anyone knew where to buy PB2. I am an adult, so I can read ingredients and make my own food choices. I didn't ask for critiques, opinions, ridicule, or judgmental comments that try to sway someone's personal choices. Thanks and have a nice day :bigsmile:
  • banana1999
    Options
    Okay, I just HAVE to say this....All I asked was if anyone knew where to buy PB2. I am an adult, so I can read ingredients and make my own food choices. I didn't ask for critiques, opinions, ridicule, or judgmental comments that try to sway someone's personal choices. Thanks and have a nice day :bigsmile:

Amen!
  • Russellb97
    Russellb97 Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    PB2 rocks!
    Peanut butter is not a healthy food PERIOD
    Yeah it has some good fats but the majority is not.
    I also laugh when it gets listed as a protein, give me a break. The little protein content is hardly worth all the calories and fat.
    Not that you can't or shouldn't eat pb, just track your calories and don't trick yourself Into thinking it's a great diet food.

PB2 with chocolate protein makes an awesome shake.
  • darwintheboxer
    Options
    To answer your question merebear, I found PB2 in the natural foods section of the HyVee grocery.
    Here is a store locator: http://www.bellplantation.com/products/locator

I like to add PB2 to almond milk, for an after workout light shake.

With all due respect to WhiteStar2351, he clearly is not familiar with PB2 and is making generalizations based on other types of low fat peanut butters (and other diet foods), where fat is often replaced by sugar among other things. With PB2 (or peanut flour), most but not all of the fat has been removed and there are no preservatives or other junk added.
  • Zinzie182
    Options
    I buy my PB2 at www.netrition.com. If you buy directly from Bell Plantation, you have to buy in case packs (at least it was that way the last time I looked). Netrition gives you the option to buy individual jars of it, and they have a flat rate of $4.95 for domestic shipping.
  • poisongirl6485
    poisongirl6485 Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    if you have Hyvee in texas, they have it there.
  • poisongirl6485
    poisongirl6485 Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options

I decided to look at the nutritional info because I do realize that the "real stuff" has good nutritional value, but I looked at the PB2 and it only has 1 gram of sugar....
    Total fat: 1.5 g 2%
    Saturated fat: 0 g 0%
    Trans fat: <0.01 g
    Cholesterol: <0.01 mg 0%
    Sodium: 94 mg 4%
    Total carbohydrates: 5 g 2%
    Dietary fiber: 2 g 8%
    Sugars: 1 g
    Protein: 5 g
    Vitamin A: <1%
    Vitamin C: 0%
    Calcium: <1%
    Iron: 0%

haha, someone got pwned.

And 5g of carbs is not that much. Definitely not enough to use as an 'argument.'
  • benitocereno
    benitocereno Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    My wife used this a lot for making protein shakes and really liked it :smile:

Now that she's done dieting I think we still have some around... not sure what to use it for though! I believe she went to the manufacturers website and found a store who carried it in So Cal... we just bought a ton and it lasted her for a few months.
  • HeatherShrinking
    HeatherShrinking Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    They have a store locator on the website previously posted. http://www.bellplantation.com/ It is kind of hard to find so the direct link is http://65.181.154.96/map/index.html

Good Luck. I live in a big city and my nearest store was 50 miles away in a small town! I just ordered some from Amazon.
  • TrainerRobin
    TrainerRobin Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    I use it and love it! I buy mine at Market Street in Allen but if you have a Market Street near you, call 'em. They probably have it. I'm hooked on the stuff -- especially for my chocolate protein shakes and in PBJ sandwiches. Yummo!!
  • pedhed
    Options

I'm with you there - if its not 'natural' its likely they've put in all sorts of rubbish - I saw a documentary on the BBC this week and it seems that 'artificial' fats digest more quickly meaning a quicker release of energy from your food. This means though we are more likely to snack more and feel hungrier as well as other side effects. see link -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kodwanogT58
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options

I'm with you there - if its not 'natural' its likely they've put in all sorts of rubbish - I saw a documentary on the BBC this week and it seems that 'artificial' fats digest more quickly meaning a quicker release of energy from your food. This means though we are more likely to snack more and feel hungrier as well as other side effects. see link -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kodwanogT58

The ingredients list for regular PB2 is Roasted Peanuts, Sugar, Salt.
    The ingredients list for chocolate PB2 is Roasted Peanuts, Cocoa Powder, Sugar, Salt.
  • ebgbjo
    ebgbjo Posts: 821 Member
    Options

High in sugar? It is only 1g.

I just picked up two jars- one regular and one chocolate, to use in my protein shakes