PB2 or pwdered peanut butter?????

Options

Replies

• merebear
    merebear Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I use it and love it! I buy mine at Market Street in Allen but if you have a Market Street near you, call 'em. They probably have it. I'm hooked on the stuff -- especially for my chocolate protein shakes and in PBJ sandwiches. Yummo!!
    Thanks! I live in Flower Mound so I know there is one nearby - or a Sprouts, Central Market, or Whole Foods I can check out:)
  • ErnestinesMom
    Options
    Do not buy it from Amazon.com I believe they are selling it from a third party for 11.00 a jar. It sells from netrition.com for 3.99. with a flat rate of shipping of 4.95 Netrition has lots of fun things to buy...so look around and make your 4.95 shipping worth it.

I use it and love it. I called and spoke with them directly at Bell Plantation. People that put it down, do not know what the product actually is. I am just using it as a treat...all my nutrition comes from fresh, healthy choices...peanut butter is a trigger food for me, and this has actually kept me honest.
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    I guess I will be taking a looking at Netrition. I don't have any decent stores around me that have it, and I don't want to buy a ton of it from Bell Plantation. :flowerforyou:
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    I guess I will be taking a looking at Netrition. I don't have any decent stores around me that have it, and I don't want to buy a ton of it from Bell Plantation. :flowerforyou:

You think that now. Until you try it, the. You'll wish you ordered the four pack of two regular and two chocolate. lol

I wanted to make sure I like it before committing to any jars of it so I ordered their sampler thingy. Just had the packets of each flavor. I took one bite of that first mix and I knew I'd need jars for both home and work.

One of the things I love about it (other than the awesome flavor) is that you control how thick it is with the water ratio. I absolutely love using hot water and mixing almost two full tablespoons into the two tablespoons of powder and it creates an instant warm peanut butter sauce to pour on fruit, ice cream, or popcorn. (or to use as a dipping sauce for any of the above and beyond). PB2 and I are a match made in heaven. :D
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    I'm looking forward to trying it in my Shakeology and protein shakes because it would be nice to use more than 1 tablespoon without worrying about the high calories or fat content. I want the taste without the mess. :bigsmile:
  • TrainerRobin
    TrainerRobin Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    OMG -- tried this over the weekend and it was amazing. If you like Thai Peanut Sauce, you're going to love this PB2 recipe that my sister (Hope_khm on MFP) created:

1/3 cup prepared PB2
    1/2 c. water (I used about 1/4 cup)
    1 TBS Splenda brown sugar blend
    1 package Splenda
    1/2 TBS lemon juice
    1/2 TBS soy sauce
    1 clove garlic (crushed)
    1/4 tsp red pepper flakes

She added a TBS of corn starch and heated in the microwave to thicken.

I sauted chicken tenderloins and then added the peanut sauce to heat the sauce and then put it on a bed of fresh baby spinach greens. Delicious!!!! And low in calories (check my dairy a few days back). Yummo!!!! Thanks sis!!!
  • christenmc
    Options
    Looking forward to trying this since Trader Joe's discontinued their peanut flour.
  • Monisfit4life
    Monisfit4life Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    PB2 is awesome and it saves you the calories from natural peanut butter. PB2 is only 45 calories compared to 190 calories from regular peanut butter. They press the peanuts into a powder and its all natural. I use it and I love it.
  • jamfx05
    Options
    I buy PB2 at Kroger...not sure if you have kroger there or not but kroger also is connected with Smith's grocery store, it would be in the Organic or Health food isle. <3 this stuff and my Zumba instructor encourages it since it is high in protein and is amazing before or after a workout!!
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    Amazon carries it...and lots of other healthy stuff!
  • bcf7683
    bcf7683 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    I would recommend against it - it's very high in sugar! Natural Organic Peanut butter is a good source of healthy fats in the diet - the dried stuff removes all those healthy fats and replaces them with sugar - the overall calories may be slightly lower but the general nutritional quality is worthless. Stick with the natural stuff!

High in sugar? I don't think that *2 GRAMS* for 4 tablespoons is a lot... Check your facts before giving "advice" next time.
  • steph1278
    steph1278 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    I bought mine from Amazon.com
  • DoomCakes
    DoomCakes Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    I would recommend against it - it's very high in sugar! Natural Organic Peanut butter is a good source of healthy fats in the diet - the dried stuff removes all those healthy fats and replaces them with sugar - the overall calories may be slightly lower but the general nutritional quality is worthless. Stick with the natural stuff!

This, plus, 2 tbs of natural pb are great if you just need to fill in about 150 calories and are not starving... oh, and it tastes good. I tried that PB2 stuff, it tastes horrible in my opinion.
  • Jul158
    Jul158 Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    Www.byrdmill.com is my favorite! I like it more than PB2 because there is nothing in it except peanuts and you can buy a huge bag for less money. Enjoy!

Direct link is here: http://byrdmill.com/product/gourmet-peanut-flour/1-lb-peanut-flour-light-12/

Mix with water and ready to go! Great in a shake with a banana and protein powder, too!
  • mlclarke22
    mlclarke22 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    i actually dont like the bell plantation pb2.i really enjoy JUST GREAT STUFF powdered pb better...and the nutritional info is the same. I add 1/2 tbsp to my choc protein shake and its delicious!!
  • mikeyboy
    mikeyboy Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    Do not buy it from Amazon.com I believe they are selling it from a third party for 11.00 a jar. It sells from netrition.com for 3.99. with a flat rate of shipping of 4.95 Netrition has lots of fun things to buy...so look around and make your 4.95 shipping worth it.

I use it and love it. I called and spoke with them directly at Bell Plantation. People that put it down, do not know what the product actually is. I am just using it as a treat...all my nutrition comes from fresh, healthy choices...peanut butter is a trigger food for me, and this has actually kept me honest.

We bought some from Amazon a couple of months ago for $4 a jar with free shipping. Always best to shop around.
  • Christabelle79
    Christabelle79 Posts: 80 Member
    Options

I actually just ordered 2 jars (one regular and one chocolate) from Amazon for about $9.89. Not each. That was for the pair. Free shipping because it was an add on to an already $25 order.
  • Lextmg86
    Lextmg86 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Oh no I need my creamy PB, the powdered version must not be that great.
  • RawTriGal
    RawTriGal Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I purchased mine from Whole Foods after reading all the rave reviews for it here... however, I am in the minority and absolutely find it disgusting. It has a very heavy metallic taste to me. I prefer the real whole food over anything engineered. I think the closer you keep it to the source, the better. I actually use raw almond butter and find that 1 tbsp (which is 1/2 a typical serving) is more than enough to flavor anything I'm having.
  • Llyrian
    Llyrian Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I love, love, LOVE the stuff. My coworker ordered a case of it so I got hooked on it from him. I had been buying light peanut butter before, but that stuff has hydrogenated oils in it and really isn't great for you. Sure, I could go for the "real" stuff but I would be sacrificing too much elsewhere.