June 24 MFP Runner's Club

Options
13»

Replies

• jdtrainer
    jdtrainer Posts: 160
    Options
    Hail storm still wins. Women rule! I'm just a whiny man.
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    Hail storm still wins. Women rule! I'm just a whiny man.

But ya'll stomp on bugs & open jars. I'd say it's a tie! :laugh:
  • pmkelly409
    pmkelly409 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    okay, so I am totally new to running and can't do nearly I mean neraly what you guys are doing. Can anyone give me insight on how to keep up the momentum. I can only run about 5-10 minutes right now. It is about 1.2 a mile. I know to all of you that is like nothing but to me it is a true accomplishment......I need to lose this weight like NOW. I didn't even excercise after my first son and then went on LA Weight loss and lost 60 pounds, no excercise, now I can't seem to lose anything. I did lose 2 inches off my thighs though.

Welcome Desiray! Just the fact that you run makes you an official member of our club!

Are you following a program for your running, it is helpful in the beginning so that you don't overdo it and hurt yourself. Also gives you the right guide for when you should be increasing your miles and/or speed. try www.coolrunnings.com and search for the Couch Potato to 5K Training. We have several members who are following this program and their progress is amazing!

Remember the weight loss will come with a healthy diet and regular exercise - find your balance and it will happen for you too. Remember it is not a marathon it is a race....Good Luck!! :flowerforyou:
  • PrincessDesiray
    PrincessDesiray Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    okay, so I am totally new to running and can't do nearly I mean neraly what you guys are doing. Can anyone give me insight on how to keep up the momentum. I can only run about 5-10 minutes right now. It is about 1.2 a mile. I know to all of you that is like nothing but to me it is a true accomplishment......I need to lose this weight like NOW. I didn't even excercise after my first son and then went on LA Weight loss and lost 60 pounds, no excercise, now I can't seem to lose anything. I did lose 2 inches off my thighs though.

Welcome Desiray! Just the fact that you run makes you an official member of our club!

Are you following a program for your running, it is helpful in the beginning so that you don't overdo it and hurt yourself. Also gives you the right guide for when you should be increasing your miles and/or speed. try www.coolrunnings.com and search for the Couch Potato to 5K Training. We have several members who are following this program and their progress is amazing!

Remember the weight loss will come with a healthy diet and regular exercise - find your balance and it will happen for you too. Remember it is not a marathon it is a race....Good Luck!! :flowerforyou:
    Thank you I will try that website because I would like to keep up the momentum. Today I did not run but did a spin class which kicked my butt so I was so tired that I did not run. I will however try a bit later to get out. Thank you so much.:wink: