Be a HELP not a HINDRANCE!

Options
13»

Replies

• dmmsquared
    Options
    The problem is that you're ignorant in your calorie goal structure. Obviously you don't understand what MFP is doing, and you create your own theories to suit that ignorance.

If your goal is to lose 2 lbs per week, and you have set MFP to reflect that, then YES, you eat your exercise calories back. Let's dumb this down so you can understand, and I'll use myself as an example:

My body needs 2,710 calories/day to maintain weight. ZERO weight loss.

My MFP goal is 1,710 calories/day to LOSE 2 lbs per week.

If I exercise 500 calories, and eat my goal, I'll be at 1,210 calories. THIS IS BELOW MY GOAL OF 2 LBS PER WEEK. Losing massive quantities of weight per week us UNHEALTHY. Not only that, but you generally gain it back when you stop your low-calorie intake. Why? Because you're body is trying to conserve the fats due to needing 2,710 calories per day.

SO, and follow along, because this is what you dont understand, I eat my exercise calories back, putting me at 1,710 per day. This enables 2 lbs per week lost and a stable, healthy diet.

Please stop influencing others that they need to cut every calorie from their diet and drain their body of nutrients. You're doing more harm than good, and hurting people in the process. You don't understand this system, and I get that, but before you start spewing fitness and dietary information, get a degree in it. Thanks. Before you even try to question MY credentials, I'm simply spelling out the processes of this website. It's common sense, so use some logic.
    we're looking for all the excuses we can to continue to do that. I'm tired. I dont have time. My whatever hurts. I dont want to go into STARVATION mode.

Those are YOUR excuses, not ours. Don't generalize overweight people. I'm overweight, and I'm hitting the gym every day. In fact, I look forward to it and plan accordingly. If you have problems getting motivated to lose weight, do work, eat right, etc., perhaps that's something you need to examine on a personal level. MFP has many great people who have embraced their goals to succeed and aren't moping around their house feeling sorry for themselves.

Great post!!! Thanks!
  • crystal_sapphire
    crystal_sapphire Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    oh ffs. another one of these again today

btw short people can def be obese in the one hundreds.
  • yyzdnl
    yyzdnl Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    If you want to become fit and not just lose weight you will listen to erickirb. I don't know how he dose it, time after time posting on these topics the math and logic as simply as he can.

As you deprive yourself of calories your body will burn more muscle compared to fat. The object of any fitness and diet plan should be to reduce fat with the minimal loss of muscle. Eating back exorcise calories and maintaining a smaller calorie deficit for that matter has a huge advantage in reducing muscle loss while providing increased energy levels to help further your goals.
  • AmeMahoney
    Options
    oh ffs. another one of these again today

btw short people can def be obese in the one hundreds.

So can non-short people.
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    My doctor said for me to eat 1200 calories, and I don't have to eat those exercise calories. If I eat 1200 calories, that keeps my body from ever going into Starvation mode. I can exercise all those calories away and have enough fat to fuel my body. I totally agree with this post!!

I like the doctors advice over hundreds of confused people. I agree with you. You need fuel but I want my body taking some of that fat and using it as fuel too! :happy:

That's just it. You want your body to start using some of your stored fat as fuel but if you cut the calories too much then your body will stop burning fat, hang on to any fat you are eating and eventually start eating into your lean muscle mass for it's fuel.

so what the doctor is wrong?gee guess he better get back all that money he paid out for medical school
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    And for the people that keep mentioning "oh no not another one of these" ect ect
    if you dont like it are that sick of it dont read it!
    its really very simple.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    My doctor said for me to eat 1200 calories, and I don't have to eat those exercise calories. If I eat 1200 calories, that keeps my body from ever going into Starvation mode. I can exercise all those calories away and have enough fat to fuel my body. I totally agree with this post!!

I like the doctors advice over hundreds of confused people. I agree with you. You need fuel but I want my body taking some of that fat and using it as fuel too! :happy:

That's just it. You want your body to start using some of your stored fat as fuel but if you cut the calories too much then your body will stop burning fat, hang on to any fat you are eating and eventually start eating into your lean muscle mass for it's fuel.

so what the doctor is wrong?gee guess he better get back all that money he paid out for medical school

No, med school does not focus on nutrition.
This discussion has been closed.