True Blood

Options

Replies

• funkyspunky871
    funkyspunky871 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    ...Bill's deliberate and fully intentional allowing of the Rattrays beating Sookie nearly to death before he intervened.

I'm such an idiot. I never even thought about it like that! LOL! I think by the time Mrs. Harris "alluded" to it in the books, I'd just forgotten. Ahhh, it only makes me love Bill more. (Of course I love Sookie too though). Bill's bada$$!

I really, really need to start watching TB. I've been a fan of the books long before the tv show was even dreamt of, but I've only seen the first episode. Question for all you TB lovers... How do you stand that gap between Sookie's teeth? I swear, sometimes I think THAT's the reason why I haven't watched anything more.
  • zorbaru
    zorbaru Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    i actually found the show by accident. there was an article about an aussie actor (ryan kwanten) staring in a vampire tv show. so i read the article and went from there.
  • miriamtorason
    miriamtorason Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I had no idea Ryan Kwanten was Australian. How cool is that? ^_^ He's doing a very good job with what he's being given as Jason, though. ^_^

Re: Bill and the Rattrays, though, I see it on two levels. Yes, Bill's a bada$$. But he also did this with the intention to hook Sookie on his blood, and never voluntarily came clean to her. He lied to her on multiple occasions, and very deliberately set her up to fall for him with no intention of ever loving her back. Therefore, in my eyes, yes, Bill is Hard Core. But he's also a Great Big Jerk. o.o;;

Yikes! Sorry, zorbaru - at least it wasn't a big plot spoiler? I think the whole thing was over a chapter and once completed was just... over. Not mentioned again until MUCH later and in a wholly different context. o.o;;
  • zorbaru
    Options
    I had no idea Ryan Kwanten was Australian. How cool is that? ^_^ He's doing a very good job with what he's being given as Jason, though. ^_^
    once completed was just... over. Not mentioned again until MUCH later and in a wholly different context. o.o;;

haha yeh, he has done pretty well for himself.

check out his work on an aussie soap called home and away

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qogbOp7pFdA
  • Mrs_McFadden
    Options
    I guess the whole issue I have about Bill vs Eric is this:
    In the books Bill just falls flat IMO after a certain point. He's condemned himself because not only did he start his relationship with Sookie on a foundation of betrayal but he also made critical errors and lies of omission along with that. It is a common plot device to have a lover have to be involved with a character for some nefarious purpose and they accidentally fall in love and the lover has to reconcile his/her original purpose with their new found love. Bill just screwed it all up by being a vampire idiot.

Eric ..at least has a high level of eroticism, not just the same love rote over and over again, and I'll try not to be too much of a spoiler here but he has more personality through and through, he's masculine to the core and and ..uh just Book Four. When they ended this season I knew they'd have to break out with more Eric this upcoming season.
  • zorbaru
    Options
    it will be interesting to see if or when they bring quinn into it.
  • mrjason
    mrjason Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Bring on more Jessica!
  • stenochick
    stenochick Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Tara: We need to talk
    Franklin: Don’t say that. Women say that, everything goes black, and I wake up surrounded by body parts.

FAVORITE line ever. Love the show and love the books more.
  • zorbaru
    Options
    Bring on more Jessica!

+1
  • miriamtorason
    Options
    Apparently, there is some conjecture that Quinn will be replaced by Alcide in the show. True Blood as a show has a HORRIBLE character bloat, and if they keep adding in more people it will only get worse, you know?
  • dexter62
    dexter62 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    We do, also being human, Dave and Karen
  • zorbaru
    Options
    i wouldnt be happy with a quinn/alcide interchange
  • miriamtorason
    Options
    I both would and wouldn't. I'm not impressed with either Alcide or Quinn, though, so it's not big to me, you know? But anyhow, whatever they can do to ease some of the massive character bloat would be wonderful. There's so much cast right now that it's nearly impossible to keep track of who's doing what and when. o.o;;
  • zorbaru
    Options
    its only bloated cos they add characters for the side story, jessica, sams brother, lafayette is still alive etc.
  • miriamtorason
    Options
    True, but they also are giving 'bit' characters these HUGE roles (like Tara, Lafayette, Andy...), and need to cast around that. So we get a whole load of characters, and it makes all the individual plot threads hard to follow - there is just Too Much Going On, and adding more to that would just make it worse. But, since there is likely no plan to suddenly back-seat some of these supporting characters, the only way to deal with character bloat is to start combining both characters (as per Franklin Mott, old-school vampire businessman and moderately classy guy, and Mickey - psychopathic vampire enforcer-type who screams "DANGER" right from the start) and storylines and hope for the best, you know?
  • zorbaru
    Options
    wasnt franklin the cowboy bartender that helped merlottes? (in the books that is)
  • miriamtorason
    Options
    No, the vampire bartender at Merlotte's (book-side) was Charles, and he was a pirate. ^_^
  • MeliciousMelis
    MeliciousMelis Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    LOVE TRUE BLOOD!!!
  • Claudia007
    Claudia007 Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    LOVE love LOVE it and the books too! Alcide is yummy :love:
  • katekrise
    katekrise Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    ME!!! The books are soooo much better though! You have to read them!