Skinny Sat Challenge~Are you in?!

Options

Replies

• calmmomw3minimeez
    calmmomw3minimeez Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Maybe this will help a little. I always start the day with water. I even keep a glass of water with me while I'm having coffee. Before you know it you will have had almost half of the water that you need. You did right to do the jacks with your son. You can make your workout time sort of a playtime game with him. I have made my daytime workouts into recess for my kids. It gives them some exercise too and it seems to make the 30 minutes go by even faster.
  • SarahRuth♥
    SarahRuth♥ Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    Okay... I'm up, and I'm here...

I've already gotten in one glass of water. I typically drink 8-10 glasses of water a day, so doubling that brings me to 16-20! I'm not sure I can make that, but I'll increase it and we'll see where I end up at the end of the day!

I had steel cut oats with some agave nectar in it this morning for breakfast. So, I think I'm off to a pretty good start on that part.

No exercise yet. I have some running around to do, then I will be walking with a friend this afternoon at a park. I am not a morning person, and I can't do morning workouts, so that will be the start of my exercise. :)

Good luck everyone!
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    Okay I am up and have already had my coffee and breakfast. I had a monster smoothy for breakfast which includes spinach.
    No water yet but plan on 8 eight glasses at least today if not more.
    I have done 44 minutes of Yoga and (954) Wii Free Steps for 148 calories.
    Will post the rest later. Good Luck everyone.
  • bossmodehan
    bossmodehan Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Thanks, this is really motivating! I went to a body conditioning class this morning but wont be working out again because i've got lots of studying to do :sick:
    Have already logged all food I've had/will be having today, which will hopefully stop me from resorting to snacking while studying!
    Will be sticking to my usual water intake which is pretty high.
    good luck everyone!
  • TrinityPixie4
    Options
    Ok, this morning is off to a better start than yesterday. I also got out my 52 oz. cup (it's an old X-treme Gulp from 7-11) for my water today. Today is also going to be ligth workouts, like playing around with my kids and cleaning. I hope everyone is doing well.
  • emkess
    emkess Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I'm in. I totally blow it on the weekends. I did the EA Active sports and worked out on the elipticle trainer this AM. (45min and 25 min for a 606 calorie burn) I plan on giving our puppy an extra long walk this afternoon. Plus I need to clean the house. That always works up a sweat.

I have drank 64 oz of water. Now I need to really watch what I eat. Thanks for the challenge.
  • kjsmith567
    Options
    I am in. Just finished an hour workout and I will have another workout tonight. I really ate too much for Vday on Monday so I need to do this today and tomorrow!!! Thanks!!!:love:
  • BrookeInabnitt
    BrookeInabnitt Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    This is exactly what I need! I diet so well all week and on the weekends I mess everything up. I am going to extend this a little bit and have a Skinny Sunday too! Thanks for this motivation!
  • SarahRuth♥
    Options
    This is exactly what I need! I diet so well all week and on the weekends I mess everything up. I am going to extend this a little bit and have a Skinny Sunday too! Thanks for this motivation!

I'm totally with you on Skinny Sunday too!!! If you post a thread for it, I'll join in!!

I went for my walk at the park with a friend. We do one hour, and normally that would be all I would do for the day. Plan to do a C25K run later, and might squeeze in a DVD. The DVD depends on accessibility of the TV. My daughter has her friends over watching movies right now. :)

I've finished 4 glasses of water so far. So I'm halfway to my norm... but it's already 3pm. Not sure how much extra I'll get in, but I'm always good on water, so I'm not too worried about that part.

Had a piece of whole grain bread with some natural peanut butter and a banana before my walk.

Glad everyone else is doing well!
  • Shirley61
    Options
    Lunch today was Kale and Bean soup, wholewheat toast with Mozzerella cheese, and tangerine.
  • Shirley61
    Options
    This afternoon recumbent bike 20 minutes 211 calories.
  • FabulousFifty
    FabulousFifty Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    Lunch today was Kale and Bean soup, wholewheat toast with Mozzerella cheese, and tangerine.

This sounds wonderful...and very healthy! Good for you!

How is going everyone?? I am finishing up on my Skinny Sat. I have one more workout to go and I am not done guzzling water. I already feel better getting all of my water in. I am positive I walk around dehydrated most of the time. I don't think to drink! That should be my mantra this week...."THINK TO DRINK!" :laugh: :drinker:

I am so glad you joined me for a Skinny Saturday! It helped me stay focused and on track~I am willing to extend this to Sunday if anyone else is in?! I need it! :happy:

Have a wonderful evening all! Here is to us! :drinker: (That is water in my cup :wink: )
  • SarahRuth♥
    Options
    Okay... I just finished 2 DVD's. Strength/Cardio combo workouts. That officially doubles my exercise for today.

I'm at 12 glasses of water so far. So I'm already above my norm, but need a few more to double. It's only 6:30, so I'll probably make it to at least 14-15.

I had a nice big salad for a snack, with fresh tomatoes and sauted mushrooms, a little reduced fat feta cheese, and crunchy salad toppers. I have no idea what I'm doing for dinner. I have a whole lot of calories available to me after all that exercise, and my hubby is making spaghetti with sausage in the sauce!!!! I might make myself some whole wheat noodles, instead of using the ones he's making, and just go ahead and have the awesome sauce he's making with it... LOL

How's everyone else doing???? Where is everyone?!?!
  • FabulousFifty
    FabulousFifty Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeere we go! What is your game plan?

:drinker: I am ready to start chugging water....that is the hard part for me. I am looking forward to some cardio this morning and pilates this afternoon. If the weather stays nice I will get a walk in. I soooooooo needed this! Thanks for joining me! :smooched:

I didnt see this topic till today but I'm so in!! I wrote down a meal plan for today to help me stay on track. I was giving up for two whole weeks but now I feel its time to get back on it. So if you have any suggestions pppppppllllleeeeeeaaaaaaaassssssssseee!!HHHEEELLPPP!!

:flowerforyou: Hey you! How did it go today? I hope the challenge got you back on track. Accountability helps. Grab some buddies in this forum and set your mind on having a good week. Sunday is the start of your best week ever! You can sooooooooooo do this...and you are sooooooooo worth it! Come on...hop back on the wagon...we are waiting for you! :heart:
  • mariea1171
    mariea1171 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I missed today... just worked out for 40 mins of cardio. my arms are still burning from yesterdays push ups. but i will work out again today just because of your post ill do some ab work and leg work. Thanks for the motivation!!! :flowerforyou:
  • AliceLMS
    AliceLMS Posts: 2,428 Member
    Options
    Two mile walk this afternoon. 10 waters in and I am done for the day except for my night rounds on the farm.

Thanks for the reminder to not cave on Saturday. I hope this keeps up!
  • PamDW
    PamDW Posts: 246
    Options
    I am in... I usually do pretty well on Saturdays, but Friday nites kills me... I get alot of exercise in on the weekends because my 9yo is helping me with a weekend adventure... his goal is for mom to lose weight so she will quit smoking... my goal to get healthy! I am in.... it will help me to think twice for sure... just have to get better on my weekend water.

Today, I did a workout in the gym, cleaned house, and played tennis with my son... ate fruit vegies and yogurt in little meals and made a mexican lasagna for dinner with fresh fruit salad... I stayed below by calorie count
  • TrinityPixie4
    Options
    I drank a total of 12 glasses of water, which is more then I would normally drink. I'd say I did pretty well with the food and exercise today too. Although my sodium intake is high. How did everyone else do?
  • Jodie_Wilson9
    Options
    Well, I didn't do as well as I'd hoped. I got my run/walk in this AM. I'm pushing for a 10 minute mile, so far I'm just a few seconds under 11 minutes (@ 10 min. 58 seconds). However, this is also on a treadmill. I'm sure it'll be different outside. But I'll worry about that when I get there. So, I did a total of 31 minutes of that this AM. Ate a healthy and filling breakfast and lunch was pretty decent. But my Mom brought down a homemade fruit cocktail cake and I just had to have a piece. LOL I would have been OK if I had gotten in my full evening workout of P90X Kenpo, but I only did a few stretches, kicks and punches as I was trying to recruit my family to join me. So, I'm sure it burned some calories, but not as many as I had hoped, and I don't have a HRM (yet). I got in my 8 glasses of water and I'll probably get in another 2 before I turn in for the evening. Thanks so much for the challenge. It was something to work for and keep me more conscientious on my weekend. Maybe I'll attempt a Skinny Sunday Challenge tomorrow. LOL Thanks again and good luck to everyone else!
  • TrinityPixie4
    Options

I am willing to extend this to Sunday if anyone else is in?! I need it! :happy:

I'm in for Sunday (tomorrow). I know I'll need it.