Women 5"6-5"7..Goal Weight?

Options

Replies

• Black_Swan
    Black_Swan Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    Hello!
    Im 5´7 and currently I weight 135lb after some serious nutrition adjustment (was 160 at my highest). I am aiming for lower numbers, as you can see in my ticker, but I hit the gym recently and I want to seriously build some muscles and get rid of my fatty pear shaped lower parts, haha. I was kidding myself that Im hour-shaped but noooo, when I looked at the photos it was clear. So, gym, here I come! I feel like this year is my biggest chance to finally start living that healthy life I have been only dreaming of, since I have lots of time and no excuses anymore!
  • Elle408
    Elle408 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    I'm 5ft6 and a half! My goal is 120. I have a small frame on top (uk8, 30" chest, 26" waist) and a large frame on the bottom, (uk12, 38" hips) so am trying to even myself out a little bit. Would love to be a 10 all over! So trying to bulk up the top half and slim down the lower! lol. Although my goal is to be 120 that's the lower end, I want to maintain between 120-125 and be lean!
  • poptastic
    poptastic Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I'm 5ft 7, and my goal is around 140 although it depends more on how I look than the weight on the scale - trying to get rid of my spare tyre so if that's not gone at 140 I guess I will have to aim lower!
  • bahrainbel
    Options
    my goal is 125, seems like a long way away!
  • anna_b1
    anna_b1 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    I'm almost 5'7 and my goal for now is 160. When I was in university, I hit under 140 and looked thin.

Funny how my goal is always there, but my mini-goals seem to matter more while I'm in the midst of this.
  • Robin1117
    Robin1117 Posts: 1,768 Member
    Options
    It's so hard to know where you'll be happy until you get there. I am just shy of 5'6" and have been maintaining at about 123 for almost a year. I did see 121 at one point but can't seem to maintain there.

I had typically been in the mid-130s for most of my adult life, then had my son, and for a few years I believe my weight hovered in the 140-145 range.

I started MFP thinking I wanted to get down to 135. When I did, with exercise and diet I kept losing and am lower than I thought was possible--you just sometimes have no idea! Anyway, nobody would say I'm too thin. I still have parts that need a lot of toning so have been working more on that instead of the actual weight.

Now my theory on goal weight is to take small goals at a time and just keep reassessing when you get there. We all carry our weight so differently, and I now don't even think age is a factor on what weight we can or can't be.
  • rlysrh
    rlysrh Posts: 244
    Options
    I'm 5'6 and a few years ago I was 128lbs and I'd LOVE to get back to that but at the moment I'm shooting for 140. Once I reach 140 I'll take a few weeks break to let myself just be in maintenance mode and then after that I'll see if I want to lose any more. Although 128 is my dream goal I'd probably be just as happy being about 135.
  • backinthenines
    backinthenines Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6" and I want to get back to my normal race weight which is 125lb and ideally that should be mostly lean mass with a BF% of about 17%.

I can't wait to be able to see my abs again.
  • ethel64
    Options
    im 5'6 med build right now im shooting for 150 but when i get there who knows i may rethink and go for more.. im just taking it one day at a time right now good luck to everyone on thier goals :)
  • juniee111
    Options
    Im 5'7 and my goal weight is 130 ...... Before I had kids I was 120... I cant wait till I get to 130!!
  • stephanielynn76
    stephanielynn76 Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    I am 5'6.5"- 5'7" and my goal is 125 lbs. I am small framed (my fingers overlap around my wrists) so I think this is an appropriate goal for me. I was 129.5 at my last weigh-in yet I still have some butt/thighs that need slimming.
  • That_Girl
    That_Girl Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6" and my goal is 130/135
  • dwarfer22
    dwarfer22 Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    5'6.5'', med frame. Never ever been not fat so, first goal is 180. Ultimate goal is probably 150-155. We'll see when we get there.
  • sprinkies
    sprinkies Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    i'm 5'7 (slightly over) and my goal WAS 140 but once i hit that i decided i wanted 135 but i still felt slightly chunky. so, i reduced my goal again to 128 and i'm happy here.
  • Rosy67
    Rosy67 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I'm a fraction under 5' 7'' (1.69m) and I'll be blissfully happy if I see 150 again- certainly not going below 144- I look ill. I've got quite broad shoulders and hip bones though.

Interestingly, UK dress sizes have changed in the last 20 years- I used to be a size 14 at that 144 in the late 1980's (went into size 16 at 154) and had to be 136lbs to be a size 12, but when I got to 150 5 years ago with the help of a vlcd, I was easily a size 12.
  • WalkingGirl1985
    WalkingGirl1985 Posts: 2,047 Member
    Options
    I still have 45-50 pounds to go..seems like forever.
  • jen0619
    jen0619 Posts: 414
    Options
    I am 5'7" small framed and I have been maintaining my weight. I am 122 which fluctuates from 120-124 and I am happy at 122. I don't want to go over 125 till I plan on having kids because I feel chunky.
  • MsFitnFabulous
    MsFitnFabulous Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I am 5'7" and my "official" goal is 160 lbs but I have been overweight all my life and let me tell you, I would be thrilled to live my life at 180lbs.

We'll see once I get there!:wink:

I'm 5' 7 1/2" and I do declare if I get to 180 I will dance a gig every day! I've been over 200 lbs since 12. If I get to 160 I think I would be ok with that too. I just never want to see 202+ again.
  • ace175
    ace175 Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    I'm like 5'6 and a half or something around there and I started at 220, currently at 210 (weigh-in tomorrow!) and I have my goal set for 175 so 45 pounds. I will probably then go again with a goal to get to 155- which I haven't been at since like 7th or 8th grade! =X
    I figured that if I see the "lose 65" pounds it is more scary than 45 and a second go with 20! :)
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6 and a half......and I was thinking I'd like to be 128lbs, but maybe 135 might be a better choice I don't wanna be too thin. I kinda have to decide as I go now and see when I get there.