Who wants to go on a scale diet with me?

emmaleigh47
emmaleigh47 Posts: 1,670 Member
edited September 24 in Motivation and Support
(This topic is inspired by my friend fzyfrog you came up with this idea)

Who wants to go on a scale diet ... not just a little scale diet, but a big scale diet.
Give up the scale for Lent -- make good choices
Weigh in on Easter Sunday ... and hopefully finally be happy with your progress!

Lets stop focusing on the scale and focus on making good choices and the rest will fall in line!
Who is with me!!

Replies

• anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    I would...but I'm not a religious person. Catholic school helped me realize that. Lol.
  • emmaleigh47
    I would...but I'm not a religious person. Catholic school helped me realize that. Lol.

Haha, I was also a product of Catholic school.
    Im not too terribly religious, but this was lines in the sand, so I went with it!
  • Sounds really great to me as I have a mania for weighing everytime I pass a scale.....but I'm in some challenges on here where I have to weigh on Tues and Thurs......but I really would like to join this one for sure
  • I would LOVE to, but I'm paid into a "biggest loser" contest...I should just drop out of it and let them keep my money...the top losers at one point were eating under 1000 calories just to win, and I'm not all about that kind of thing because they'll pack it back on a month after it's over. Obviously I won't "win" anyway...think I should drop out and join up with you?
  • I'm totally in!
  • emmaleigh47
    I would LOVE to, but I'm paid into a "biggest loser" contest...I should just drop out of it and let them keep my money...the top losers at one point were eating under 1000 calories just to win, and I'm not all about that kind of thing because they'll pack it back on a month after it's over. Obviously I won't "win" anyway...think I should drop out and join up with you?

Its up to you -- I would love the company, but I dont want to tell you what to do.
    When is the contest over... or what if they weighed you in and you didnt look at it or make comments on it?

I think this will be good for me... I am too dang obsessed on the scale and when its good I relax too much!
  • emmaleigh47
    I'm totally in!

Awesome Janelle - Welcome!!
  • yanicka
    yanicka Posts: 1,004 Member
    I have to think about it!!! I am kind of insecure without my scale
  • I would LOVE to, but I'm paid into a "biggest loser" contest...I should just drop out of it and let them keep my money...the top losers at one point were eating under 1000 calories just to win, and I'm not all about that kind of thing because they'll pack it back on a month after it's over. Obviously I won't "win" anyway...think I should drop out and join up with you?

Its up to you -- I would love the company, but I dont want to tell you what to do.
    When is the contest over... or what if they weighed you in and you didnt look at it or make comments on it?

I think this will be good for me... I am too dang obsessed on the scale and when its good I relax too much!
    We weigh in weekly by texting a picture of our scale to the gal running the thing....I think it ends April 1st. I didn't send in my wt last week because I was up, and I'm marathon training (so also trying to build muscle) while the leaders don't really care where their weight is coming from, muscle, organs, etc....can you tell I'm bitter? :blushing:
  • fzyfrog
    fzyfrog Posts: 456 Member
    Hey, I'm doing it and I'm not even Catholic, lol. Oh, and I can't take credit for the idea. I got it from my friend emilysebastian!

Haha, I was also a product of Catholic school.
    Im not too terribly religious, but this was lines in the sand, so I went with it!
  • emmaleigh47
    We weigh in weekly by texting a picture of our scale to the gal running the thing....I think it ends April 1st. I didn't send in my wt last week because I was up, and I'm marathon training (so also trying to build muscle) while the leaders don't really care where their weight is coming from, muscle, organs, etc....can you tell I'm bitter? :blushing:

Well MY opinion is that this is not a good contest for you -- you probably cant get your money back, but it doesnt sound like that money is motivating you anyways. And I agree, sometimes weight gain is ok (especially if its muscle etc). Plus alot of us are training for races and we all know that weight is variable.

The more I think about this, the better I like it ... it allows us to focus on good choices (which we already know we are capable of making since most of us are training for long distance races which takes stamina, motiavtion, and determination). I am even going to take it a step further and not allow myself to measure or anything... I am going to be focus on being the best me... and thats it!
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    I never weigh myself. I find that I too easily start to obsess about the number on the scale and that makes me focus too much on my weight. I want to be healthy and look good, but I don't want to have to think about it all the time.

I'm with you guys.
  • emmaleigh47
    Anyone else? :)
    We are a fun group..
  • Heather75
    Yeah. We're cool. Join us.
  • emmaleigh47

Heather, apparently we arent cool enough. No one else wants to join us! :)
  • fzyfrog
    fzyfrog Posts: 456 Member
    We're too cool!! Cause apparently only the cool kids are doing it!!

Heather, apparently we arent cool enough. No one else wants to join us! :)
  • Heather75
    That's right. Too effing cool. It's how we roll, right guys?
  • miovlb6
    miovlb6 Posts: 339 Member
    I'm a lapsed Catholic (what is it about Catholic school that drives us away, I wonder), but I'm in! I have become way to obsessed with weighing myself. Great idea!
  • NAMsMommy
    NAMsMommy Posts: 132 Member
    I am seriously going to think about this one. =) Its a great idea, but not sure how I can do it with the new scale we just got! I will talk it over with hubby.
  • iamhealingmyself
    iamhealingmyself Posts: 579 Member
    I too am not a catholic but I already do this. I only weigh in every week or two and it depends on how I'm feeling. Some days I feel lighter or heavier and bloated, etc. so i'll step on the scale but it's just to see if there is real gain, loss, or just fluff that will pass with more complete digestion. I never count those side trips as an official weigh in and I never consider them accurate because I've eaten, or exercised or whatever. When I officially weigh in, it's the next stop after the potty.
This discussion has been closed.