What is your 1 mile run time?

Options

Replies

• ejohndrow
    ejohndrow Posts: 1,399 Member
    Options
    Recently did a mock PRT for work. Finished the 1.5 mile run in 14:26 with my time at the mile mark being 9:20. Goal is to finish my next real PRT in 13:30 or less in April.
  • bens_momma
    Options
    For me, it's all about settling into a rhythm. My current mile time is 13:52, but that's for someone who's overweight and out of shape, and it's my first mile run since high school. I'm going to be back at the gym tomorrow, and it'll be a miracle if I can last the mile. :laugh:
  • hamncheese67
    hamncheese67 Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    When I was 26, I ran a half marathon in 1 hr 48 min (about 8.25 minute mile) and then stopped running. I just started again (18 years later) after being really out of shape. Last Saturday ran about 8.5 minute mile for 3.5 miles.
  • momtozmc
    momtozmc Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Wow! Really some of you are my heros!!!!

I ran on Saturday 5.63 miles at an avg of 6.5 mph which is 9 min 14 second average.
    Sunday ran 5.84 miles at an avg of 5.76 mph which is a 10 min 25 second average. Both Saturday and Sunday were outside with two rather large hills...

Today... on the treadmill... crap!!! 4.08 mph which is a 14 minute 42 second mile...on an incline (my treadmill is so old, it just goes up and down...don't know what %grade it's at) I hate running on the treadmill, but is gets so dark early!!!

So had a great weekend... not so good treadmill runs...
  • 1FitMomof4Girls
    1FitMomof4Girls Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    bump
  • KimmieBrie
    KimmieBrie Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    I usually try to run about 5k with no breaks... longer if I can but usually I stop at 5k.
    I am 5'2. Inside on the treadmill I jog/run between and 11 and 12 min mile.

Outside I am slightly faster - fastest was a 5k race at 10 min mile pace - that was when I was smoking a lot more - but running more frequently.Trying to quit entirely and then hoping to better my times and get up to 10k. I much prefer outdoor running.
  • keldawm
    keldawm Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I think the fastest I have run, in a 5k, was a 9.15 min mile. When I do longer runs, 5 miles + I usually average 10.15. I do take a walk break at every mile. Not a long one, 30 seconds or so. When I first started running my goal was 12 min miles. It has taken me awhile to build up to where I am. I am focusing more on distance now.
    Good luck! You have to start somewhere. It does get easier.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    My 5k times are about an 8 minute mile now. 8:30 for a 10k. The fastest mile I've run was a 7:36, but I only ran really fast for the first half mile (3:23), then slowed down for the rest, with a few pauses for traffic to cross busy streets.

Maybe that'll be my goal for the day. Time myself running fast as I can for one mile. It was exactly one year ago today that I started C25K, so it'll be a good way to celebrate! :smile:
  • SassyCalyGirl
    SassyCalyGirl Posts: 1,932 Member
    Options
    my best time right now is 10mm-but I am working on it!
  • stylistchik
    stylistchik Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    About 9:30-10 mins. I run outdoors so its hard to tell. My goal is just to go as far as I did the last time without stopping, if not a little further.
  • anandvenugopal
    Options
    7 mins at the max
  • staceyseeger
    staceyseeger Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    I went from a 11:25 mile to a 7:26 for a 10k & most recently a 7:50 for a half marathon - in less than a year! :smile: :smile: :smile:
  • staceyb2003
    staceyb2003 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    On the treadmill I do a 10 min mile, depending on my mood I may even do a 12 min mile. I seem to run faster outside, I don't know why. I didn't run for at least 11 years after I had kids. I had to take baby steps to get back into it. I started running at 4.5 on the treadmill which I think is almost a 15 min mile. I had a lot of luck with couch 2 5k apps. Good luck! Everyone is different :)
  • Faeriegirl74
    Faeriegirl74 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I've seen that episode, I was pretty amazed since it seemed like she never worked out hard before in her life. Very positive attitude. When I started the last week of October I could run/walk a mile at a very painful 10:30, now I can run a mile in about 6:45, maybe 6:30, but I would be worthless to run anymore after that. I can do 5 miles at a 8:00 pace.

-alex

I've seen that episode too...when I started running, my one mile run was actually a 16:30 (talk about me being out of shape - this was in July 2010)...but, I stuck with it and now I've completed 4 half marathon's, a marathon relay, and my current 1 mile run time is 8:45 pace with my average pace for my last half marathon at 12:40 pace. I've come a long way!!!
  • jessicasloan91
    jessicasloan91 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Not sure. I normally run 3-5 miles at a time with a pace aroun 9:30 or 10:00. If I was only going one, I think I could probably do it in 7:30 or 8:00.

Exactly the same for me!
  • cecejoy
    cecejoy Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    My fastest time was about 9:30 for one mile...
    I've never been particularly fast when it comes to running...
    .I average approximately 12-13 min/miles in half marathons....
    One of my goals for next year is to be able to average 10 min miles for the next half marathon I run
  • N_BEAST_MODE_24_7
    N_BEAST_MODE_24_7 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
  • ashlielinn
    Options
    I tend to always do 4 1/2 miles at the very least, usually 5-6+, and I run them at a 7:30-8 min per mile pace. I know I've done miles faster than that, but unless you're running a race, it seems crazy! haha
  • 1FitMom326
    Options
    Thanks guys for your input I seriously think I'll be struggling like the girl in the show I always get a headache when I attempt to run Like I said after about 1 minute *literally 1 minute* I'm back to walking I'm gonna push myself and we'll see what happens I'll update you all on my time regardless of if its horrible or not :)

Baby steps... don't feel bad. I've been "running" for over a year now and I'm not to a 10 minute mile yet. I'm still doing run/walk interval training. My absolute best was a 12:36 but my "normal" mile time for my training is a 13:20. But I am training for my first half marathon and so I am training for distance, not speed. I'm increasing my distance but staying slow. Up to 4 miles now in a little under an hour.

I agree, take it slow and shoot for being able to increase your runs if you are trying to become a runner. I started out 9 months ago and I am just now averaging 10:40. I started out doing the run walk intervals and consistency will really help you to improve your distance and your pace.
  • Elle_Jamaicangirl81
    Options
    i'm by no means a runner... but i finished 1 mile in 11:47

and i think it nearly killed me...

i wanna try to get better at it though.